Thread: T15 4p

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

T15 4p

Makes me want to punch a baby - going to find the best 5 off-pieces and forget tier if they stick with minion summon (2p) and army length (4p).

Quote Originally Posted by Nerzgul View Post
    Makes me want to punch a baby - going to find the best 5 off-pieces and forget tier if they stick with minion summon (2p) and army length (4p).
    Increase in army got removed a while ago in favor of increase in SR range (45%) and KM will make SR crit.

The minion summon should be pretty decent. The army length was actually a decent chunk of damage in most cases.... That's been changed however to SR being usable at 45% and KM affecting it.

Deleted
    didn't they increase the duration of army to 40 sec for 5.2 after they remade the set 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Suromi View Post
    didn't they increase the duration of army to 40 sec for 5.2 after they remade the set 4?
    no, its always been 40 seconds, or 45 seconds, whichever. they just added the duration to the tooltip, which was never present there before

I still don't think the 4p affecting SR makes it any more appealing. I don't use SR as it is. For 2H anyhow. Maybe for DW it will be useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatalcombat View Post
    I still don't think the 4p affecting SR makes it any more appealing. I don't use SR as it is. For 2H anyhow. Maybe for DW it will be useful.
    Why wouldnt you use SR?

I get more damage from my Oblits than one SR. If SR costed an Unholy rune instead, then I'd have a Frost rune to HB with and I would be able to output more damage with SR / HB as oppose to one Oblit. Sometimes SR is good if you have the Frost rune and not the Unholy for an Oblit. But generally things run smoother without SR as 2H. You gen enough RP from Oblit to use a FS. If I only used SR it would give me 12 RP; not enough for a FS. What am I going to do with an Unholy rune? Plague strike something? Just wait 6 seconds to get another Frost rune? Eventually it will work out if you don't use SR again. But if you keep using SR you get - 1 Frost ( SR) > - 1 Frost / 1 Unholy (Oblit) > 2 Death (Oblit) and then one random left over Unholy rune. Anyhow, I've simmed it before using SR and not using SR. I'd rather have the burst from multiple Oblits and lose, what the sim said would be, the 1.3k odd dps loss from not using SR which I actually never notice missing. But this is just me, you play how you want to.
    Last edited by Fatalcombat; 2013-02-07 at 08:05 AM.

you play how you want to.
    I'll keep playing better then you, then.

The thing you're missing out on is that SR is more damage-per-rune then obliterate, and skipping is is damage you won't be getting.

Simple priority any idiot can do 35% > KM Proc > Obliterate > Soul Reaper.

No KM proc? Hit Soul Reaper. KM Proc? Hit Obliterate. Simple. Easy.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

I get more damage from my Oblits than one SR. If SR costed an Unholy rune instead, then I'd have a Frost rune to HB with and I would be able to output more damage with SR / HB as oppose to one Oblit. Sometimes SR is good if you have the Frost rune and not the Unholy for an Oblit. But generally things run smoother without SR as 2H. You gen enough RP from Oblit to use a FS. If I only used SR it would give me 12 RP; not enough for a FS. What am I going to do with an Unholy rune? Plague strike something? Just wait 6 seconds to get another Frost rune? Eventually it will work out if you don't use SR again. But if you keep using SR you get - 1 Frost ( SR) > - 1 Frost / 1 Unholy (Oblit) > 2 Death (Oblit) and then one random left over Unholy rune. Anyhow, I've simmed it before using SR and not using SR. I'd rather have the burst from multiple Oblits and lose, what the sim said would be, the 1.3k odd dps loss from not using SR which I actually never notice missing. But this is just me, you play how you want to.
    Soul Reaper is half the cost of an Obliterate. It does more damage per rune.
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

Man, I wish they would just convert Soul Reaper to something like 75 RP cost, already.

I hate going into a burn phase and hitting SR only to be left twiddling my thumbs because I can't Obliterate. What am I suppose to do with the plague rune? DnD? Plague Strike?

And yet, they insist on keeping the cost as is... This spec would be a lot smoother if it just ran on Frost and Death runes.

The cost on soul reaper is fine.

If you're finding yourself with a lot of empty gcds you probably have low haste.

It gets better with more gear.

People always complain about Soul Reaper costing runes, why don't warriors ever complain about execute costing rage? Its all about doing the most with your resources. If it cost RP, there would be very little skill involved in our execute phase.

What do you use that empty frost rune on? Well, your runes should be coming back at random intervals due to RE. Thus you just sit on it. Its not wasting resources because you aren't capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    Soul Reaper is half the cost of an Obliterate. It does more damage per rune.
    Yeah, it's half the cost of Oblit and the same damage. But it also uses one of the core runes for frost leaving you with a unholy rune that you can do little with and generating you half the RP. I'd rather take my chances doing Oblits then FS leaving me with a chance to proc a depleted rune. Chances are if it happens it will be either a Frost or Death rune and then I can SR if I don't have enough to do an Oblit.

TL: DR If SR hit a little bit harder it would be worth the Frost Rune as 2H.

It's already worth the rune as 2h frost.

Yeah, it's half the cost of Oblit and the same damage. But it also uses one of the core runes for frost leaving you with a unholy rune that you can do little with and generating you half the RP.
    Just because you have a rune doesn't mean you have to spend it that very instant.

You will recover the RP when you finally use that rune.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Deleted
    Yeah, it's half the cost of Oblit and the same damage.
    It's more, add the physical and shadow portions together and it should be about 20%+ more damage than an obliterate

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    It's more, add the physical and shadow portions together and it should be about 20%+ more damage than an obliterate
    Simcraft puts soul reaper at ~170k for 2h frost and obliterate at ~160k in terms of damage per execute time in bis gear. This doesn't factor in rune cost to my knowledge, only time spent. ( Both are 1 gcd so its average damage/1)

I'm not sure how one would go about quantifying how much an unholy rune is worth when compared to a frost rune, but if its 50-50, then soul reaper does over twice the damage as obliterate given rune cost. I assume frost runes are worth more for frost than unholy runes are but its worth more for sure.

So I use soul reaper. I ranked on Feng the Accursed tonight.

For the third time.

Yeah, totally not worth the rune. Nope.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    So I use soul reaper. I ranked on Feng the Accursed tonight.

For the third time.

Yeah, totally not worth the rune. Nope.
    You rank on normal mode. That means nothing to me.