Opening rotation questions.

Yes I know this has been asked before and I have searched it but did not find what I was looking for.

I watched a video that said you should start off BS charge BT, Bloodbath Dragons roar, pop reck+Banner BT CS and so on. Whenever I tried this I never got as much of a burst as the way I normally do it.

How I normally start off is of course BS Charge Pop Reck+Banner+BB BT CS and after CS wheres off I use Dragon roar. So what am I doing wrong?

0) Prepot+Shout+Charge
    1) BT
    2) (Rage Berserker if BT didn't crit)/Skull banner/Bloodbath/(Trinket if the /use doesn't give Crit) + Dragon Roar
    3) Recklessness/Deadly Calm/(Trinket if the /use gives Crit) + CS
    4) (Rage Berserker if I haven't 2 stacks of RB) + RB
    5) BT
    6) RB
    7) RB

If neither the first BT and the first CS crit, I just skip the first RB (step 4).
    Obv, I spam as much HS as I can during the CS debuff.

Found in forum, nest time dont be lazy and use search

What u are doing wrong is that DR ignores armor so you shouldnt use it with CS up, moreover dont use DR+Recklessness because DR always crits so you waste 1 gcd. What u want is to fit as many RB's as possible in CS window.

Quote Originally Posted by nmarez View Post
    0) Prepot+Shout+Charge
    1) BT
    2) (Rage Berserker if BT didn't crit)/Skull banner/Bloodbath/(Trinket if the /use doesn't give Crit) + Dragon Roar
    3) Recklessness/Deadly Calm/(Trinket if the /use gives Crit) + CS
    4) (Rage Berserker if I haven't 2 stacks of RB) + RB
    5) BT
    6) RB
    7) RB

If neither the first BT and the first CS crit, I just skip the first RB (step 4).
    Obv, I spam as much HS as I can during the CS debuff.
    I didn't expect my post to be linked so often.

But yeah, basically, DR is one of our spell with the greater DPE so you want to use it during your opening, but it always crit and ignores armor so you don't want to use it during CS or Recklesness.
    This opening allows you to use DR with all your non-crit cd and a cs with all your cd. Plus, you are likely to be able to cast 3 RB during the cs window by doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    I didn't expect my post to be linked so often.
    That rotation should be stickied to be honest . It gives an opening burst that makes it hard not to pull agro in start unless you /dance the first 10 sec at pull.

Deleted
    Well thats the problem for me, that when facing fight where tanks get low vengeance or when having a dk tank (they dont stack exp/hit) with bad rng in the start i usually pull aggro with that opening. So my solution was trying to squeeze in Shattering throw at the start (im raiding 10man so regularly its not used anytime else). Can anyone come up with a decent opening that involves a Shattering throw? Im doing it like this:

0) Prepot+Shout+Charge
    1) BT
    2) Shattering
    3) Sunder
    4) BT
    5) Banner/Bloodbath/use10 + Dragon Roar
    6) Recklessness/Deadly Calm/ + CS
    7) RB
    8) BT
    9) RB
    10) RB

any thoughts on improving that rotation? Sometimes it feels like im really rage starced due to having to use 40 rage at start. Then im just trying to leave out the first Sunder Application. Or would be leaving out Shattering Throw more benefitial?

burk, the problem i see here is that your proc trinkets and weapons enchants will proc straight off the bat and be only of marginal use for the first 3 globals and shattering cast. If you need to apply sunder, you might as well glyph CS.

Only solution for me is simply waiting a bit before going in so that i can use the procs optimally in the opener. Enrage timers are really not that tight for most fights at this stage that those seconds would make or break it. Hand of salvation from a pally might help, but it needs to be used a few globals into the opener or it will run out before tanks get solid agro. The point you usually pull agro at is a few globals after CS in the normal opener. If cast straight away, Salvation will run out just after that point.

You don't want to use Shattering before the three stacks of Sunder are on the boss. And you shouldn't have to cast Sunder, even in 10m. :/

Deleted
    Yes im using colossus smash glyph to apply sunder, but it takes 40s for it to apply a full stack.
    Maybe i should just go for the standard opening and leave out the heroic strikes if threat is an issue.
    The rage can always be to have higher dps after the first Colossus Window.

Further to my last post. Tried the Salvation thing i meantioned above with a pally last night in raid and the effect was awesome. Instantly went rank 97 fury on Tsulong 10N on WoL and didn't have to hold back at all in start. So best solution to initial threat issues = be friendly with you pallies