10+ Year Old Account

Affliction reforged

Hi all, first of all sorry for my English, but if not well, blame the google translator xD
    My problem is my equipment... see many guides and I can not understand what is the best for my current equipment reforged. I use my warlock in affliction.
    I have understood that will quickly mastery before haste, but I saw many guides, it first goes after cap 4717 haste and mastery,
    the truth is that there is to do.
    So I ask you to help, as would have to reforge considering my team.
    In my raid, usually have a shadow priest giving his 5% haste.
    thank you very much!!

My equipment: eu. battle. net/wow/es/character/exodar/Viherna/advanced (sorry, but it will not let me write links)

Swap out your red gems for Artful gems (Int + mastery), but you're 27% over hit cap and your mastery is kinda low (get your belt enchanted, throw 320 mastery into the prismatic slot and get the extra hit into mastery and you should be fine).

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a doubt about this as well. Today was my first time login at patch 5.1. And last time hit cap wasn't so important for affliction warlock. Has it changed this patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much for answering so fast = D
    gems change is that I have an outstanding debt, equal to that of the gem belt.
    And I also know that I have very low mastery, but until that point I have to sacrifice to reforge haste to mastery.
    the haste cap does not matter?
    I mean, my big question is how much more or less I have to have haste to reforge to mastery

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenneth View Post
    I have a doubt about this as well. Today was my first time login at patch 5.1. And last time hit cap wasn't so important for affliction warlock. Has it changed this patch?
    its preferential, and like everything changes with gear.

For most, being 1 or 2% below hit cap (assuming you're using the extra stats for mastery or to reach another haste threshold) is usually about a 3 to 4% dps increase according to simcraft. However simcraft doesn't account for rng or particularly bad situations that can happen during encounters.

if you know you have lightning fast reflexes, awesome frame-rate and latency, and generally spit in the face of Murphy's Law; then by all means don't hit cap (stick to level 92 hit cap instead). but otherwise, hit-cap is still worth it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 05:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Viherna View Post
    Thank you very much for answering so fast = D
    gems change is that I have an outstanding debt, equal to that of the gem belt.
    And I also know that I have very low mastery, but until that point I have to sacrifice to reforge haste to mastery.
    the haste cap does not matter?
    I mean, my big question is how much more or less I have to have haste to reforge to mastery
    as a rule of thumb, make sure you have more mastery than haste.

this isn't an empirical rule, and you may find many simcrafted exceptions if you put the mathematical effort in. but without doing all that, the rule is generally a good idea to follow. aim for whatever haste threshold allows you to abide by this rule, be it the 4717 or 6637 cap.

If you can't stack more than 4700 mastery rating while at the 4717 haste threshold, then reforge more haste to mastery and screw the threshold because its most likely a dps loss.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

10+ Year Old Account
    I now I have the 4717 haste cap, but very low mastery, then I have to reforge haste to mastery to have more mastery that haste?
    currently with my equipment, I can not have more mastery having haste cap ...
    then have to have the mastery over haste cap would mean more dps considering my equipment?
    thank you very much!
    (really, thank you very much for helping me, and if I do so many questions, it is because the translator did not translate in the best way and I do not understand the translator haha xD)

Deleted
    First haste cape (non goblins) - 4198 then 4717 then ....is worth to reach the haste cap(s) when mastery rating is higher then haste cap rating.

Yup that's correct, my (personnal) guidelines are :

- Haste = Mastery - 500 (approximatively)
    - If you can obtain a haste breakpoint without having mastery < haste, DO IT
    - If you can't obey the first rule, use wowreforge to see what is the highest haste you can obtain without screwing your hit/crit/mastery

Don't forget that simcraft is NOT perfectly designed for affliction warlock. Due to pandemic and trinket buffs scalling, the results are not perfect BUT are a accurate guideline for your stat weight and the DPS you should aim to achieve.

10+ Year Old Account
    currently changing gems and putting his belt buckle, using wowreforge and your help, I have 4717 haste and 5049 mastery = D
    So now if reforged better, no?
    thanks for the help!

Deleted
    If hit is caped then I think is ok ...keep 4717 and go for mastrey until you will be confortable with next haste cap (~500ilv gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Viherna View Post
    currently changing gems and putting his belt buckle, using wowreforge and your help, I have 4717 haste and 5049 mastery = D
    So now if reforged better, no?
    thanks for the help!
    Yep that's all good Mastery being above haste is not always the case, for example my gear I'm at the 6637 breakpoint but my mastery is at 5700, but it sims higher then going 6400 and 6000 mastery (the breakpoint over getting more mastery sims higher is my point basically).