Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Eyefinity on Single HD7750.

Would it be worth it to Eyefinity 3x1 on a single 7750? Or would that be too much strain for a mid range card?
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by at05gt View Post
    Would it be worth it to Eyefinity 3x1 on a single 7750? Or would that be too much strain for a mid range card?
    not worth it you'd lose lots of fps and other graphical details in order to have the game be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    not worth it you'd lose lots of fps and other graphical details in order to have the game be playable.
    This. I don't think the 7750 is powerful enough to power the higher resolutions offered by Eyefinity, especially at "respectable" settings (i.e. high - ultra).

10+ Year Old Account
    So I would need to upgrade to something like a 7850/7870/7950?
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

What games are you looking to play with Eyefinity?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    depends on what kind of screens you want to run eyefinity but iirc most people that do run such setups sport a 7970 (Ghz) or CF of current or previous gen highest cards.

7970 preferably, 7950 minimum.

7750 is barely enough for gaming on a single monitor, and even then you aren't gonna see crysis or bf3 or anything like that close to max settings.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    What games are you looking to play with Eyefinity?
    Not entirely sure to be honest just mulling things over in my head. I do need to get new monitors, just wondering if I should do some future proofing as well or not bother and just get 2 22-24" 1920x1080 LCD"s and just game on one screen and have the second for Firefox/Vent/TS.

You can take a look at this review of a 7950 Boost. It has Eyefinity results of most games.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    Not entirely sure to be honest just mulling things over in my head. I do need to get new monitors, just wondering if I should do some future proofing as well or not bother and just get 2 22-24" 1920x1080 LCD"s and just game on one screen and have the second for Firefox/Vent/TS.
    might be more worthwhile to get an IPS 27" 1440p screen and invest some extra money in either CF or a gpu upgrade. (1 very good screen > 3 medium ones)

10+ Year Old Account
    might be more worthwhile to get an IPS 27" 1440p screen and invest some extra money in either CF or a gpu upgrade. (1 very good screen > 3 medium ones)
    CF isn't worth it with my board, only 1 PCI-E x16 (I've got 2 more x4 slots thou), and the 7750 has no crossfire plug anyways, so I would have to upgrade my GPU.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    7750 is a low end GPU and using Eyefinity with it would be like having a honda civic pulling a boat to the lake.

The 7870 Tahiti LE versions are probably capable too. I've only seen them in 2GB versions though.

After you experience eyefinity I doubt you would agree with your own statement. Im running 3x1920x1080 monitors in eyefinity and its the most immersive gaming experience that I have ever had. A single monitor simply cannot pull that off. A single monitor is surely not the hassle of a triple monitor setup though. 60%ish of games work with eyefinity out of the box, but games like skyrim and Mass effect 1-2 require a widescreen fixer mod that is free and available at wsgf.com (Widescreen gaming forum).

The 7750 will not play games properly at the resolution that you want. When I purchased my monitors I was looking for a 1920x1080 screen minimum, and I settled on 21.5 inch displays. I initially played using only 1 6970, before the 7xxx series launched. Most games were playable, but regularly I was not playing at 60 fps (Arkham city really suffered at the time). I have since added a second card and my performance is much better now.

I guess you could go with a smaller pixel count monitor. Its completely up to you.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/techn...eyefinity.aspx

That gives a good idea of how much additional view eyefinity gives. It is quite astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post
    After you experience eyefinity I doubt you would agree with your own statement.
    Important thing to keep in mind that multiple monitors look good on some games, while bigger screen looks good on all games.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the input all, I know what I'm gonna do now. I'm gonna buy a single 22" 1920x1080 screen for now and plan on possibly 2 more and a 79xx series radeon card for the future.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the input all, I know what I'm gonna do now. I'm gonna buy a single 22" 1920x1080 screen for now and plan on possibly 2 more and a 79xx series radeon card for the future.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236059 here is a pretty good 23 inch monitor and I think you can get a 1/2 inch bigger for same price.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236052

10+ Year Old Account
    Would an HD 6870 be a down grade? Cause I can get one of them for a lot cheaper then a 78xx/79xx.

Would an HD 6870 be a down grade? Cause I can get one of them for a lot cheaper then a 78xx/79xx.
    It is a decent upgrade from the 7750 but nothing you should run eyefinity on.
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/535?vs=540

You really need 69xx or 79xx card to even think about eyefinity. 68/78 are too weak for decent gaming results above low settings.
    Trolling should be.