Swords or daggers

For pvp. Im sub spec and I would like to know if there are any huge disadvantages to using swords over daggers for pvp.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I dont use backstab. Im a hemo rogue.
    Last edited by Sicarius87; 2013-01-29 at 11:43 PM.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    I'm not sure about this... But is there such thing as a Hemo Rogue now? I'm guessing you'll be missing out on a lot not using backstab at all, considering that skill is why Daggers are considered stronger (In terms of damage) than using 2.6 speed weapons. But yeah - If you're not using Backstab, use a Sword. It just seems a bit counter productive to me :].

Quote Originally Posted by Methias View Post
    I'm not sure about this... But is there such thing as a Hemo Rogue now? I'm guessing you'll be missing out on a lot not using backstab at all, considering that skill is why Daggers are considered stronger (In terms of damage) than using 2.6 speed weapons. But yeah - If you're not using Backstab, use a Sword. It just seems a bit counter productive to me :].
    From what I'm being told there is no hemo rogue anymore. But it really seems to work well for me and I really don't have any issues with it. Maybe ill try and get my hands on some pve daggers and give it a try and see how much of a difference it will make.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    It could work for you and it's fine if you're having fun, but you'll be more ineffective than a rogue with 2 daggers and the same skill level due to 2 reasons:
    1) You can't use backstab, which does more damage per energy
    2) With 2 slow weapons your poison application rate will be worse, so less damage, less paralytic stacks, etc...

Using both hemo and backstab is harder, but it will make you a better player in the end. The difference b/n the two may seem small, but during find weakness with a kidney shot on the target, backstab will do considerably more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    From what I'm being told there is no hemo rogue anymore. But it really seems to work well for me and I really don't have any issues with it. Maybe ill try and get my hands on some pve daggers and give it a try and see how much of a difference it will make.
    Assuming you only use hemo and never backstab you lose out on poison procs from auto attacks. If you are using wound though that isn't even that big of a damage loss. I also think the damage bonus is really, really, slightly larger for daggers but basically doesn't matter.

I mean as long as you know its inferior... do whatever you want. Though I don't get why you would be down to use a dagger but still not want to backstab... if it was a flavor thing of wanting to use swords I could kinda understand that.

Sorry im getting back to this thread a bit late, but why exactly arent there hemo rogues anymore? Is it only because backstab does more energy per CP?
    My Youtube Channel

Because bakstab is just more performing, and since there is no issue/difficulty to use it apart to be forced onto a dagger, you're gimping yourself for no reason.

I can agree that hemo playstyle feels more fluid and can be entertaining, but in terms of performance backstab is just better.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Sorry im getting back to this thread a bit late, but why exactly arent there hemo rogues anymore? Is it only because backstab does more energy per CP?
    Basically because the talent trees are gone and we don't have legendaries. In cata you could spec for additional evis damage and glyph it instead of specing for backstab crit and glyphing backstab. When we got legendaries, the high proc rate caused a large enough increase in the number of evis we did to cause the two specs to even out.

Its not like it was ever the case in cata that hemo was equal to backstab if you fully spec'd for both. Its just that instead of buffing backstab, you could buff eviscerate. With the trees gone, you don't get anything extra for your other abilities by ignoring backstab.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love the high damage of back stab and the quick solid bits of damage hemo gives, not being able to backstab is pretty major imo.