1. #1

    The Mind-Killer - Sha Achievement

    So we tried this and I have a question; it seems as blocked fears (AMS) break the achievement - is this correct?
    Anyone who did this; did you get hit by dread spray, without getting hit twice? Or does getting hit by dread spray even once breaks the achievement?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    A blocked fear (AMS, Lichborn, Desecrated Ground, Berserker Rage....) doesn't fail you the achievement.
    You can get hit once by Dread Spray, only the fear effect itself (the one that can be dispelled) fails you the achievement.
    Everything that makes you immune against fear, also makes you immune against the debuff itself and makes collecting the orbs while dread spray much easier.
    Last edited by Urs; 2013-01-29 at 10:59 PM.

  3. #3
    I've red on wowhead that the easiest way to do it is to go in 25 man with 4 tanks, 4-5 healers, pop everything at start and the teleported guys shouldn't engage the panda. After the third teleport there won't be any more, so you'll be able to finish the boss with 1 tank, 1-2 heal and 7-8 dps. Don't go out to kill adds, just nuke the boss. Since you don't engage the pandas you won't be feared there and since you don't go out to kill adds you won't be feared there too.

  4. #4
    Ok so thanks for the answers. Here is the real answer:

    Fear immune effects will fail the achievement, when you would get feared.
    You may get hit by dreadspray, just not get feared.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeblin View Post
    Ok so thanks for the answers. Here is the real answer:

    Fear immune effects will fail the achievement, when you would get feared.
    You may get hit by dreadspray, just not get feared.
    To add something:
    The fearimmune buff after finishing those plattforms is fine.
    Detterence, Anti-magic Shell, Cloak & other abilities are not.

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire Riemu2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    EU, Germany
    Posts
    356
    We're trying to finish up that Pandaria Glory before the next patch hits. This achievement is the only one left. But we're kinda on a limited shedule this week, so I wanna prepare the shit out of it.

    We're a 10man Raid. What's the simpliest way of doing this Achievement in 10man?

    - Everybody needs an Addon, like Shaoffearassist
    - Everybody needs to be familiar with the patterns on the plattforms (http://icy-veins.com/images/sha-of-f...ay-pattern.jpg)
    - You can get hit once, but you musn't get feared. Effects like AMS don't work if you wanna get the Achievement.

    So, is there any trick in 10man? Like the 3 Group AFKing tactic in 25man?

    F.E. can you just sit in the safe spot on the left plattform, cause you will only get hit once per wave? So you don't have to move at all basically on the first plattform.

    The other 2 plattforms involve quite abit of movement from what I can see on the image.
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-03-01 at 12:50 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    We're trying to finish up that Pandaria Glory before the next patch hits. This achievement is the only one left. But we're kinda on a limited shedule this week, so I wanna prepare the shit out of it.

    We're a 10man Raid. What's the simpliest way of doing this Achievement in 10man?

    - Everybody needs an Addon, like Shaoffearassist
    - Everybody needs to be familiar with the patterns on the plattforms
    - You can get hit once, but you musn't get feared. Effects like AMS don't work if you wanna get the Achievement.

    So, is there any trick in 10man? Like the 3 Group AFKing tactic in 25man?
    I prefer dreadspray VR over shaoffearassist. Has a nicer UI imo. If you are doing normal, you just have to get through it afaik. They will learn better on their own rather than looking at the icy veins thing. On one platform it is just moving over one pie slice to the right and you are safe. It's the one where you have 4 yellow spots in DSVR when you first enter the platform. For this one the pattern is identical for both sides, you can have people on both halfs to maximize ball pickup. In the 2 others it is just strafe left and there really isn't any other pattern for it. If they learn quick they should be able to pick it up quite fast. I was able to pick it up on my first H sha attempt.

    So it's just get in yellow and move right once on the easy platform and other than that it is strafe left a lot.

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire Riemu2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    EU, Germany
    Posts
    356
    Sorry, but I didn't quite get that one. You just Stack up on the safe spot on the 2 plattforms and then just keep strafing left once the hit came?

    How are the globes handled? I think our tanks / healers will have a hard time picking up orbs without getting hit during dread spray?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Sorry, but I didn't quite get that one. You just Stack up on the safe spot on the 2 plattforms and then just keep strafing left once the hit came?

    How are the globes handled? I think our tanks / healers will have a hard time picking up orbs without getting hit during dread spray?
    That's what I did. I went to the yellow zones on DSVR and after the adjacent zones became yellow/green I started running left and I didn't get hit at all. The mage in our group took one hit because dps is tight on H and movement hurts his dps a lot. On H globes are handled by the tank mostly, but since it's normal you guys probably have everyone try to get some and could just look at the timer for dread spray (DSVR has this) and try to gather orbs before it goes out and try to gather any that is going out in the process of running.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by torin856 View Post
    I've red on wowhead that the easiest way to do it is to go in 25 man with 4 tanks, 4-5 healers, pop everything at start and the teleported guys shouldn't engage the panda. After the third teleport there won't be any more, so you'll be able to finish the boss with 1 tank, 1-2 heal and 7-8 dps. Don't go out to kill adds, just nuke the boss. Since you don't engage the pandas you won't be feared there and since you don't go out to kill adds you won't be feared there too.
    Does this actually work? What item level/dps requirements are roughly needed?

  11. #11
    Doubt the 25man tactic would be all that hard with all the new valor/ToT-loot however the 10man isn't all that tricky either. With decent dps you can kill sha with only 2 platforms and you just ignore third one.

  12. #12
    10 man just needs to play well

  13. #13
    Epic! Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by trusmoov View Post
    Does this actually work? What item level/dps requirements are roughly needed?
    Yes it works. My guild was mostly 510-520 though.

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire Criiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Outland - EU
    Posts
    491
    In regards to the orbs on the platforms, I did this on 10man a couple of months ago now and we just ignored the orbs during the dread spray, then tried to collect as much during the "breather" you get, the mini bosses will heal but if you have good dps it shouldnt be a problem. This was before patch 5.2 so everyone had around 500-510 ilvl. The boss melted, we managed to kill the boss after or during (Can't remember) the third platform group.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by trusmoov View Post
    Does this actually work? What item level/dps requirements are roughly needed?
    I can confirm this works as I went with my guild to do this a few weeks ago and got it this way.
    We were all in a mix of Heroic T-14 with a few people on their alts with normal. Unsure of exact ilevels but I myself was around 502 at the time.

    If your raid gets a good chunk of normal ToT you'll be fine.

  16. #16
    Used ams to prevent the 2nd stack of dread spray still got the achievement.

  17. #17
    wear ilvl 500-505 gear on every raider, and progress heroic sha, once you have finally killed the boss you'll be so well experienced you can go back next week and flawlessly execute the achievement.

  18. #18
    there are also addons for the ad platforms that will show you where it's safe to stand all the time, which makes the achievement really easy.

  19. #19
    Stood in the Fire Criiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Outland - EU
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    there are also addons for the ad platforms that will show you where it's safe to stand all the time, which makes the achievement really easy.
    Ye the addon is great, Sha Assist is the one I used during progression on HC but eventually you realize its piss to avoid. For example, left platform, the segment as soon as you spawn on that is safe, then you step right, then back left before it restarts the dread spray. The other 2 platforms you just run through the boss to the opposite segement, Middle is left segment from spawn then through then right is top left segment from spawn and again run through.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •