Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    how Garrosh broke the horde

got picked over vol'jin so vol;jin got mad
    carine was tricked and this led to the series of events that led to him falsely accusing garrosh of a crime and.... then accepts a battle to the death... and dies.
    calls sylvanas a bitch

Sylvanas may be evil but Garrosh is single handily destroying the horde.
    Also this:
    “A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”
    ― Shigeru Miyamoto

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DFu4ever View Post
    But I do find your use of this quote curious, since it states that securing Lordaeron would bring relief to the Forsaken. That doesn't sound like a quote from someone who plans to launch further wars of conquest. It sounds like someone trying secure their home.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Clearing_the_Highlands
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Call_to_Arms

They want Stromgarde and Arathi as well. This is no longer about conquering just Lordaeron.

And South Shore not being an Alliance outpost is one of the most absurd things I've heard on a WoW forum.
    You've yet to provide anything to support your claims.
    The only quote there is mentions that Soutshore having a military presence consists of a small garrison to deal with local nasties like Murlocs coupled with the town having no plans to attack or be used in conjunction with any offensive, to add to this even in the game itself there were few soldiers seen in the town. So no there is no evidence to call it a military target. Again as I mentioned the Forsaken wanted it as a place to live in and thus showing that it wasn't destroyed as it was seen as a threat.

Also, Sylvanas has argued against Garrosh's terrible ideas. She was against attacking Theramore because it would likely lead to even more Alliance invading her territory. Obviously she was ignored.
    Which doesn't prove a thing about her not liking a good conquest, she just enjoys them when it's on her terms.
    On a side note it's stupid how Blizzard hasn't capitalised on this in game at all which the Alliance reinforcing the EK front.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-01-31 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad she destroyed Southshore, it had to be blight nuked. The fricken Allys kept attacking my level 20 self when I leveled there. You have no idea how hard I laughed when I saw that in Cataclysm. Also she doesn't mind control. Also yes the Alliance discriminate against the Forsaken all the time because they're undead. Have you forgotten about the Scarlet Crusade? Varian in the Undercity fight? You get the idea.

Also she isn't Warchief and does things that are best for the Forsaken. Garrosh is a rabid dog. No need to kill Sylvanas. She isn't a villain (unless your Alliance) she's an anti-hero. Hopefully one day those orcs will get kicked from Undercity and she and the Horde will let the rest of the Forsaken just blight nuke Darnassus, Stormwind, the Exodar, and Ironforge then be done with the war....hmmmm maybe one day... (:
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2013-01-31 at 10:29 PM.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing a southern Forsaken outpost established as a huge "Fuck You" to Stormwind. For extra hilarity, the Forsaken bring food for the starving population just to irritate the Alliance.

EDIT: I have to imagine one of the non-lore metareasons for Southshore being the most destroyed town ever is that the devs knew how annoying that place was for Forsaken players. If they were going to use the Blight anywhere, it was going to be South Shore. Honestly, screw that town.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    how Garrosh broke the horde

got picked over vol'jin so vol;jin got mad
    carine was tricked and this led to the series of events that led to him falsely accusing garrosh of a crime and.... then accepts a battle to the death... and dies.
    calls sylvanas a bitch
    orders the forsaken to take gilneas.

Sorry is that salt in that wound old dog?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Do people expect them to bypass Southshore and march onto Arathi Highlands while leaving an Alliance-harbour in their back?
    Well as I mentioned earlier it's not necessarily the attack, but how it was carried out.

Deleted
    Aside from the plague, she isn't doing anything bad. Freshly ressurected Forsaken have the option to join or to go back to death again, she isn't forcing anyone.

I have to admit I completly forgot she even existed since the end of Cata. Guess it's just not a character that impresses me and sticks with me.

I am pretty sure if the orcs or forsaken had a town in westfall Varian would have completely ignored it. Lore side wasn't the reason for the horde gaining new territory to balance the leveling zones because the allys had more leveling content or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    What are on about? Gilneas, Southshore, Hinterlands and Stromgarde say hi!
    The Alliance invasion in Silverpine is a counter attack for Forsaken aggression to put an end to their offensive. This is a fact, to imply otherwise is ignoring the timeline.

The Forsaken have quite literally expanded into every zone within arms reach, even those that were not a part of Lordaeron, killing left and right in what is a genocidal fashion without any regard for the victims. So when the Alliance counter attacks the Forsaken, the Alliance are the bad guys? Just no.
    Is conquering land evil in itself ?

The description specifically says it's taking place after the events of Silverpine.
    Hmm ok i did not know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenedfist View Post
    I am pretty sure if the orcs or forsaken had a town in westfall Varian would have completely ignored it. Lore side wasn't the reason for the horde gaining new territory to balance the leveling zones because the allys had more leveling content or something like that.
    Basically. Alliance suffers losses today due to poor map design in 2004.

Edit: yeah, I meant "today" as in the Cata world update.
    Last edited by Darmalus; 2013-02-01 at 12:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    On topic, she will most likely play her role during the Siege, and knowing Blizzards writing, she will be kinda redeemed from all the bad stuff she did. I don't know, she will start raising only non-GMO corpse or something.
    I'm thinking she's keeping her head down on purpose, to shoulder off some of the heat and let Garrosh take it instead (intentionally, I bet, so she can join in when things get ugly for Garrosh). Static world being static, though, we'd need a dev's word on whether she's still going buck-wild in the northern Eastern Kingdoms or reining herself in there, too, to really keep a low profile while Garrosh goes about making an enemy of every other faction on the planet.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 06:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    Today being last expansion. Pandaria content has been almost nothing but the Horde fracturing and the Alliance getting their shit together where the faction war's featured (though Daelin-in-Jaina's-skin has taken King Chynn's old job as the divisive asshole within her faction).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    If you look at it from a gameplay perspective then yes, blizz decided to balance out the zones since they were doing the complete 1-60 overhaul. Today? as I see it in mop the alliance are gaining some wins like in dalaran and also the alliance is more united and got it's stuff together then the horde.
    Last edited by Darkenedfist; 2013-01-31 at 11:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing a southern Forsaken outpost established as a huge "Fuck You" to Stormwind. For extra hilarity, the Forsaken bring food for the starving population just to irritate the Alliance.

EDIT: I have to imagine one of the non-lore metareasons for Southshore being the most destroyed town ever is that the devs knew how annoying that place was for Forsaken players. If they were going to use the Blight anywhere, it was going to be South Shore. Honestly, screw that town.
    Outside of the world PvP battles between it and Tarren Mill, Southshore had the double whammy of being one of the few non-suck places for Alliance to level in that bracket as well as being balls-out of the way for some random reason.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

They want Stromgarde and Arathi as well. This is no longer about conquering just Lordaeron.
    those quests are not about conquering strom, but destroying threats to the forsaken in strom.

the forsaken did defeat everyone in there. than they took the trollbane sword and went home. they didn't really want to stay there.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    those quests are not about conquering strom, but destroying threats to the forsaken in strom.

the forsaken did defeat everyone in there. than they took the trollbane sword and went home. they didn't really want to stay there.
    Guys seriously don't let this guy 'fact check' you.

If we are to secure these lands under the Dark Lady's rule,

Excellent. The march of the Forsaken continues.

Cleared out properly? Good. I doubt we'll even bother to lurk in Stromgarde. That ramshackle hold needs to be razed into dust.
    The land would make a decent spot for a new Undercity in its place.

This is but a prelude to the slaughter we will visit upon these lands. All will know our name.
    You have done well, <name>. Victory for Sylvanas!
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:First_Blood
    Last edited by Skytotem; 2013-02-01 at 01:00 AM.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Is conquering land evil in itself ?
    In a civilised world yes, hence why it's an international crime irl. Needless to say applying it to WoW isn't straight forward, so while I'd say in WoW it's not evil due to the standards of the time it's set in and obviously the fact there is no global body that sets out laws, it's certainly not right or just either in any shape or form though.

My gripe though is how the Forsaken handled it. They attacked places like Southshore unprovoked using WMD's killing many and leaving the place uninhabitable for a few hundred years while pursuing it's civilian population in what is clearly attempted genocide. This is why I'm having a hard time accepting the opinion of the rest of the Horde accepting Sylvanas after this.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-01 at 09:52 AM.

I
    My gripe though is how the Forsaken handled it. They attacked places like Southshore unprovoked using WMD's killing many and leaving the place uninhabitable for a few hundred years while pursuing it's civilian population in what is clearly attempted genocide. This is why I'm having a hard time accepting the opinion of the rest of the Horde accepting Sylvanas after this.
    because... the forsaken are attacking HUMANS, who are AT WAR with the horde.

why does that even need to be explained, it's horde vs alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    because... the forsaken are attacking HUMANS, who are AT WAR with the horde.

why does that even need to be explained, it's horde vs alliance.
    There was no actual war prior to Cataclysm. Even then Tides of War seems to indicate the fighting during Cataclysm wasn't as intense as the zones indicated, to the point where the Alliance hadn't even committed itself to fighting.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-01 at 11:10 AM.

Glory to the banshee queen etc.

Seriously though, you alliance filth are being handed a siege of freakin' Orgrimmar and you still want more? My personal hope is that you all die to the plague, preferably with your flesh rotting while you're still alive. Mama Sylvy will let you join the winning team after.