Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    People that got banned benefited from win trading, willingly or not.
    If you meet a win trading team you had the possibility of reporting them and leave, you decided instead to get the easy win, so enjoy, cya back in 3 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevra View Post
    It's a #$^&*@ fantasy game. You're a blue space goat riding around on flying serpents killing dragons the size of continents. And you're wondering why a gryphon doesn't look like an eagle?

  2. #22
    High Overlord shalnath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    146
    I remember when banned actually meant banned and not suspended. It's a small wonder why bots and exploiting are commonplace now with Blizzard being so lax on their punishments.

  3. #23
    Immortal apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    7,772
    I accidentally qued in a few wintraders and I am still not banned. I have not heard any of my friends banned for accidentally getting winfuck teams.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  4. #24
    I was banned and never wintraded. I was 2412 cr legit. I've been playing all season and yes i've faced empty teams and gotten rating here and there but always maintain a 2400 rating like i have the past 3 rbg seasons. How is it our fault we get q'd into them? Canceled my sub today, blizzard isnt getting another dime from me. I'm offended being called a cheater.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    T
    People who win trade aren't necessary bad people. Sure they're cheating but for what exactly? To achieve rating? Gear perhaps? Prestige in an online game? If you stop and think about it all none of it really matters nor does anybody actually care.
    how does 'cheating' and 'not a bad person' even exist in the same thought? if you cheat, you are a bad person because willingness to cheat is a mark of poor character. just because its a video game and not baseball/chess/whatever, doesn't make it ok.

    all the wintraders and exploiters need much more then 3 day bans.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  6. #26
    Everybody's innocent in here. Didn't you know that?

    Seriously, a 72 hour ban, ouch. That's brutal! How will you guys survive?

  7. #27
    The Unstoppable Force Hysteria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / PoE
    Posts
    21,492
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingtall View Post
    Everybody's innocent in here. Didn't you know that?

    Seriously, a 72 hour ban, ouch. That's brutal! How will you guys survive?
    Could a F about the 72 hour thing I just want their gear stripped and such and their teams deleted like I met so many of these ''pros'' talking mad shit then I look at profile and my jaw drops

    -.-

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    People that got banned benefited from win trading, willingly or not.
    If you meet a win trading team you had the possibility of reporting them and leave, you decided instead to get the easy win, so enjoy, cya back in 3 days.
    Wait what? People are supposed to be punished for queueing into win traders either way? By your logic people should leave, thus getting rating deduced when playing against win traders or they deserve to be banned just the same for having the bad luck to come up against wintraders, really, really?!

    In all honesty I'm completly in favor of banning every single last person who participated in win trading knowingly, but banning people who just had bad luck and did not intentionally farm win traders is plain wrong. Those who farmed them on purpose however deserve the ban just as much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    This won't solve anything. Banning and resetting everything all the time just repeats the cycle. The real problem is that this game isn't worth being competitive about. That's why there's so much win trading and cheating going on.

    People who win trade aren't necessary bad people. Sure they're cheating but for what exactly? To achieve rating? Gear perhaps? Prestige in an online game? If you stop and think about it all none of it really matters nor does anybody actually care.
    What kind of insane breed of logic is this? People win trade BECAUSE it is worth to do so, because of the prestige, the achievments, gear and other vanity stuff and not because they don't actually care. You don't really think people go through the hassle of wintrading for nothing?

    And yes people wintrading are bad people, they are ruining the game for everyone who doesn't. Just try to convince yourself that your wintrading activities aren't bad, that nobody cares and you don't deserve bad. It wont change that they are bad for everyone else, that most people DO care and voice their opinion quite loudy and you guys don't just deserve a 3 days ban and your gear and achievments stripped, it should be a permanent one.
    Last edited by Deleth; 2013-01-30 at 04:26 AM.

  9. #29
    Bloodsail Admiral Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Wait what? People are supposed to be punished for queueing into win traders either way? By your logic people should leave, thus getting rating deduced when playing against win traders or they deserve to be banned just the same for having the bad luck to come up against wintraders, really, really?!

    In all honesty I'm completly in favor of banning every single last person who participated in win trading knowingly, but banning people who just had bad luck and did not intentionally farm win traders is plain wrong. Those who farmed them on purpose however deserve the ban just as much.


    What kind of insane breed of logic is this? People win trade BECAUSE it is worth to do so, because of the prestige, the achievments, gear and other vanity stuff and not because they don't actually care. You don't really think people go through the hassle of wintrading for nothing?

    And yes people wintrading are bad people, they are ruining the game for everyone who doesn't. Just try to convince yourself that your wintrading activities aren't bad, that nobody cares and you don't deserve bad. It wont change that they are bad for everyone else, that most people DO care and voice their opinion quite loudy and you guys don't just deserve a 3 days ban and your gear and achievments stripped, it should be a permanent one.
    I don't think some people understand why win traders exist. They don't exist in highly competitive games. They exist in games like wow, where the upper echelons of the brackets are only seen by a few people that relatively know each other after only playing the same people. What's the point in dealing with 9 other players with shitty attitudes, losing every game, hitting the same rating wall when you can just find another team with the same problem and help each other out. There's no consequence other than the slim possibility of getting banned and people harassing you about cheating.

    But in the end it doesn't matter. If the Win traders want rating or gear so badly, they will get it. Win traders do not care about the rules or what other people have to say about them. There's really no honor among online gaming in general. Its just the way it is.

    Blizzard can ban them all they want. They only delay the inevitable cycle that continues each season. The only real way to break the cycle is for pvp to become the main part of WoW... which will never happen.

    And oh yeah, earning prestige in an online game... lol. That's probably the only thing I find pathetic about Win traders and sometimes hardcore players.
    RIP "The Commander."
    Aqua - Turn Back Time
    Redemption - "Madness, chaos, suffering, damnation, darkness; nothing can ever drown the light of hope."

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I don't think some people understand why win traders exist. They don't exist in highly competitive games. They exist in games like wow, where the upper echelons of the brackets are only seen by a few people that relatively know each other after only playing the same people.
    Citation needed, because that's complete nonsense.

  11. #31
    Bloodsail Admiral Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Citation needed, because that's complete nonsense.
    Games like Street Fighter and Marvel where offline Tournaments are always held around the world. The fighting game community is so huge that its not limited to online play like Wow or any MMO. Those fighting games are actually more competitive offline than online, and that's what makes it worth to compete in a player vs player setting.

    Games similar to WoW or just MMO's in general lack in this regard and are doomed to be mainly restricted to online play. Therefore, they'll always be people who want to expose certain elements of the game knowing too well that's it online pvp. You honestly can't blame Blizzard on this one.
    RIP "The Commander."
    Aqua - Turn Back Time
    Redemption - "Madness, chaos, suffering, damnation, darkness; nothing can ever drown the light of hope."

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Games like Street Fighter and Marvel where offline Tournaments are always held around the world. The fighting game community is so huge that its not limited to online play like Wow or any MMO. Those fighting games are actually more competitive offline than online, and that's what makes it worth to compete in a player vs player setting.

    Games similar to WoW or just MMO's in general lack in this regard and are doomed to be mainly restricted to online play. Therefore, they'll always be people who want to expose certain elements of the game knowing too well that's it online pvp. You honestly can't blame Blizzard on this one.
    I suggest looking up "match fixing".

  13. #33
    Win trading exists because there are rewards for win trading i.e. titles and weapons. The game's popular enough for people to care about titles, weapons and twith.tv donations. There are a number of frauds, including many of the most famous streamers.

    Speaking of win trading... how about Lance Armstrong... it's the same thing. He got famous, got rich, and what punishment does he get? The same, useless punishment these fools are getting.

    Shame... whoop-dee-do

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Post full of nonsense and personal opinions cloaked as facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Another post full of nonsense and person opinions cloaked as facts.
    Okay Ryan, your attitude is horrible, your opinion is disgusting and plain wrong and you sir are most likely one of the people doing this exploiting and win trading yourself. First of all, most win traders would NOT get the rewards and ratings without either paying for them or cheating, it's exactly why they are doing this.

    This is not about "finding another team with a similar person and just helping each other out", it's people cheating, being dicks and douchebags because they could otherwise not achieve what they can achieve this way.

    The reason why this kind of stuff doesn't or much more rarely happens in offline play is not because people wouldn't do it or because these games are much more competitive, it's because there people you are playing with and against are sitting right next to you. You are constantly being monitored and don't have the same chance to cheat as you do in online gaming.


    In all honesty, for the first time ever I find this video to be absolutely appropirate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

  15. #35
    Bloodsail Admiral Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Okay Ryan, your attitude is horrible, your opinion is disgusting and plain wrong and you sir are most likely one of the people doing this exploiting and win trading yourself. First of all, most win traders would NOT get the rewards and ratings without either paying for them or cheating, it's exactly why they are doing this.

    This is not about "finding another team with a similar person and just helping each other out", it's people cheating, being dicks and douchebags because they could otherwise not achieve what they can achieve this way.

    The reason why this kind of stuff doesn't or much more rarely happens in offline play is not because people wouldn't do it or because these games are much more competitive, it's because there people you are playing with and against are sitting right next to you. You are constantly being monitored and don't have the same chance to cheat as you do in online gaming.


    In all honesty, for the first time ever I find this video to be absolutely appropirate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
    My attitude isn't horrible. I'm being a realist. Online gaming is something of a joke to be taken even remotely seriously due to cheating without consequences.

    And yeah, games that are played offline and streamed worldwide constantly are definitely more competitive over games that are basically restricted to online only. More people = more competition. Wow's pvp has too many people below 1800, some people 1800-2.2k and a fraction of the playerbase over 2.2k. Therefore, its easy prey for people who are generally above 2.2k to win trade instead of taking a risk to lose a game vs a lesser team and lose 100 rating over one game. Plus, a lot of the same people you compete with often become your friends and sometimes you rather just help each other out.

    Oh yeah I don't win trade. I just know how these things work.
    RIP "The Commander."
    Aqua - Turn Back Time
    Redemption - "Madness, chaos, suffering, damnation, darkness; nothing can ever drown the light of hope."

  16. #36
    Brewmaster Banzhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgthreex View Post
    well apparently if you don't leave and report the other team for wintrading/exploits they can ban you.
    No offense, but you'd have to be the moron of recorded history not to know something is off, when you go against a team at high rating n' their not using def / offensive cd's!

    +1 for blizzard on this move!

  17. #37
    The Lightbringer Whitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    In all honesty, for the first time ever I find this video to be absolutely appropirate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
    *nods in agreement*
    That guy is so full of something he's spewing it out to the forums.
    President of the local chapter of World Beard and Moustache Association

    Skype, PS3 & Steam - Whiteington

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    how does 'cheating' and 'not a bad person' even exist in the same thought? if you cheat, you are a bad person because willingness to cheat is a mark of poor character. just because its a video game and not baseball/chess/whatever, doesn't make it ok.

    all the wintraders and exploiters need much more then 3 day bans.
    step away from the computer

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Innocent? Here you are guilty until proven otherwise
    if blizzard looks in there logs they will see alot are not win trading. and we can't prove anyting to blizzard that we are not guilty. blizzard on the otherhand can easly show there not guilty. and atleast in the netherland its not guilty untill proven otherwise. and i think it counts to whole europe. so if they all sue blizzard they might win because then blizzard most prove there guilty. and then they will fail hard.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    step away from the computer
    The person you quote is making a fair point. If this were little league (baseball) or a bowling tournament, the teams would be out for the season.

    Sadly, a 3 day ban in Wow is about the most severe punishment given. They could do more, but that $15 a month is just too important.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •