Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Annoyed with Restro

This week was the first time clearing MSV10 on normal. Long story short I kept being badgered about my heals being 50% less than the top healer which is disc. Our healing comp is Disc, Pally, and me Rdruid. I ranged from 30 to 40k sustained thats in most fights. As where our disc was just awesome 60K plus. Pally in second 40 to 55k ish as I recall. I checked my over healing chart I am at 67% over healing. The highest in the group. I feel that both are sniping my heals before they are effective. I think only kept me around for tranquility. Anyone else have these issues? Its driving me nuts Im trying different configs to bring my through put but I just end up gassed all time. If I play conservatively I end up with even lower numbers. Im at a loss here. I even threaten to delete the toon and reroll as disc.
    Last edited by COLWRAITH; 2013-01-29 at 11:41 PM.

The fact your healers are doing 40-60k in MSV 10 Normal means the rest of your raid must be doing something terrible, but that's not on topic, I guess?

OT: You're a Druid, you're bound to be doing some overhealing, but 67% means, simply, you are too slow and healing AFTER damage has been taken. Do less rejuv-blanketing when it isn't needed, i.e. unless they are going to stay below 100%, and use it pro-actively; before they take damage so it's up ready for a big hit, for example, Epicenter on Feng. Start putting Rejuves up 2-3 sec before it comes and maybe even a Swiftmend on a hugged-up group (depends on how you do the fight).

Edit: If possible can you link us some (World of) logs, people who are more familiar with Druids might be able to find something out for you, e.g. your Harmony up-time.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-01-29 at 11:54 PM.

Sounds like you're bringing 3 healers to a 2 heal fight. If you get to content that's testing your gear more, your overhealing will plummet. As it is theres way more healing than damage going out and disc and hpally will always win that game with their absorbs. May want to two heal them or step into heroics.

I'm healing with the exact same setup. And i get it, it can be frustrating. It's not that druids are in a (that) bad shape. It's just that the shields from your Disc and holy pally counts first, and rendering your HoTs useless. On any fight where there isn't any constant damage you'd pretty much get owned. On fights like Galaron HC, will of the emperor HC i can keep up with them.

and use it pro-actively; before they take damage so it's up ready for a big hit
    Say hello to Spirit shell, atonement and Illuminated Healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eielayia View Post
    Sounds like you're bringing 3 healers to a 2 heal fight. If you get to content that's testing your gear more, your overhealing will plummet. As it is theres way more healing than damage going out and disc and hpally will always win that game with their absorbs. May want to two heal them or step into heroics.
    What he said.
    I 2 heal every fight in MSV10N as a (ilvl485) resto shaman with a (ilvl484) holy priest.
    3 healers is overkill and a class that mostly relies on hots wont really do alot apart from maybe on Elegon. You should get some good numbers there?

What's Restro? A Resrtroratrion Druirid?

Quote Originally Posted by COLWRAITH View Post
    I even threaten to delete the toon and reroll as disc.
    Well clearly you have a strong bargaining position there.

Please refrain from posting if you can't be constructive. Infracted.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-01-30 at 04:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) A raid leader who judges healers based on HPS is an idiot.

2) Disc is OP and the shields are all effective healing (no OH), so they look awesome now (not in 5.2 so much).

3) Are you killing shit? You are? Then see #1. Oh and you guys might want to try 2 healing it. And have your raid stop standing in stuff - 40-60k hp is WAY the hell too much healing to have to be doing in 10 man MSV.

Disc and Holy Pally is a facepalm for R-druid, however, see if the Disc is oom at the end of the fight. If he is, what it means is that he's may be trying to pad meter.

It's like what most Disc would do in LFR, Oom in the 1st minute or 2 to look good on meter, but actually they are such a bad.

If i were you, don't get beat up by it cause that combo is just a killer for R-druid. May be try to spec SOTF to see how it works out. Works wonders in H-will and H-Garalon/or norm Gara if you are progressing thru that.

It has been said but I would like to re-cap it. You are using too many healers for the content which creates a competitive healing environment, the healers can snipe and be greedy because no one is being stressed. Your all rushing to get that one heal before the others. The fact your on the bottom is because of 2 things. One is your facing your 2 anticlasses, absorbs>hots they get there before you can even start. The other is the type of healing rdruid is good at compared to the other classes. Rdruid excels at handling low to moderate continuous damage, damage keeps coming keep those hots rolling. You will notice in MSV that the raids stays topped off, stays topped off then big burst of damage. The priest has stacked a full spirit shield on the raid, nothing to heal for you. This week I 2 healed all of Terrace with a hpaladin, beat him on every single encounter by a slight margin and destroyed him on tsulong. My suggestion to you.........find out if one of the healers has a decent dps os and 2 heal nearly everything. Pull out that os healer if you have to.

Also note you should be tracking not only your heals but your partners heals as well. Always track where the paladin has his beacon and make sure your raid frame shows at least the priests spirit shell. If you see spirit shell out before a large wave of damage maybe you shouldn't use tranquility.

What others have said, MSV should be two healed so that means that you are already going to be up against it; the other two healers in your raid also rely heavily on absorbs so they are always going to get the first slice of the cake when it comes to healing on the meters.

To be perfectly honest I a surprised you have managed to do as much as you have in MSV with that healing comp, if I was the raid leader I would be looking at your other two healers and be wondering how they let a Druid do so much healing.

Deleted
    Basically everything what's been said above. Emphasizing on the fact that 10man normal MsV is definitely 2man healable, cleared heroic MsV10 yday with me on resto druid (485) and a 500+ monk, two man healed everything but Guardians (where we had a disc pewpewing) and WotE.

And I do agree with you, healing with a disc is a big fest of annoyance, you prehot >> he pre shields or SS's, you cry

Quote Originally Posted by COLWRAITH View Post
    This week was the first time clearing MSV10 on normal. Long story short I kept being badgered about my heals being 50% less than the top healer which is disc. Our healing comp is Disc, Pally, and me Rdruid. I ranged from 30 to 40k sustained thats in most fights. As where our disc was just awesome 60K plus. Pally in second 40 to 55k ish as I recall. I checked my over healing chart I am at 67% over healing. The highest in the group. I feel that both are sniping my heals before they are effective. I think only kept me around for tranquility. Anyone else have these issues? Its driving me nuts Im trying different configs to bring my through put but I just end up gassed all time. If I play conservatively I end up with even lower numbers. Im at a loss here. I even threaten to delete the toon and reroll as disc.
    First thing you need to do is tell your group that HPS means nothing, actual healing does. I raid with a monk and a disc priest and the disc priest always shows about 15k more hps than me, but I'm usually competitive in actualy healing done. All that said, if you have a paladin, a disc priest and a druid all healing and all of equal skill level, the druid will get their ass kicked on the meters 90% of the time. Just is what it is. Healing meters have always been a terrible way to judge skill...people dying is a better way.

Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    First thing you need to do is tell your group that HPS means nothing, actual healing does. I raid with a monk and a disc priest and the disc priest always shows about 15k more hps than me, but I'm usually competitive in actualy healing done. All that said, if you have a paladin, a disc priest and a druid all healing and all of equal skill level, the druid will get their ass kicked on the meters 90% of the time. Just is what it is. Healing meters have always been a terrible way to judge skill...people dying is a better way.
    That is a bit of a paradox HPS is Healing Per Second, so however much healing you have done divided by the length of the fight so the ratio of healing done to hps should be the same for both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Migraine View Post
    That is a bit of a paradox HPS is Healing Per Second, so however much healing you have done divided by the length of the fight so the ratio of healing done to hps should be the same for both of you.
    Recount doesn't exactly look at it like that though (not sure about Skada). Hps tends to show higher for classes that dont have HoTs, and lower for those that do. Its like Recount only looks at the time that the actual spells are healing, so Discs and Pallies should skew higher for Recount's view of HPS. It does the same for DPS, to an extent, though it has improved somewhat. I can remember during ICC a ton of Arcane Mages who would brag about #1 dps, since they didnt have a DoT at the time, but would end up as 5th or 6th on total damage done.

Quote Originally Posted by Meejum View Post
    Recount doesn't exactly look at it like that though (not sure about Skada). Hps tends to show higher for classes that dont have HoTs, and lower for those that do. Its like Recount only looks at the time that the actual spells are healing, so Discs and Pallies should skew higher for Recount's view of HPS. It does the same for DPS, to an extent, though it has improved somewhat. I can remember during ICC a ton of Arcane Mages who would brag about #1 dps, since they didnt have a DoT at the time, but would end up as 5th or 6th on total damage done.
    Just upload to world of logs and check *effective* hps. You'll see that a disc priest will have a very big hps (due to properly timed spir shell) but WoL will also show u the effective hps, usually a lot lower. That's whats used for ranking anyways.

OT: I've been there, played with a disc priest and holy paladin and it not fun. I'd check if u can afford 2 healing it and then just go boomkin
    Last edited by land; 2013-01-30 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meejum View Post
    That is one of the reasons I don't use recount, download skada or just look at world of logs.

if they are genuinely 3 healer fights (Can't think of any in MSV normal) then no good Healer will shield someone on 80%+ health, or even touch them if there is a Druid HOT on that player and there is no incoming damage soon.

Just sounds like you're bringing too many healers and/or the Priest/Paly are padding.

3 healing 2 heal fights + a disc and holy pally blocking most incoming damage = resto druid will be mostly overhealing and effective healing will look terrible

go boomkin

even the greatest resto druid in the world can't heal if there's no damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't even need to mention that you had a Disc. It's obvious :P

There is nothing you can do, Disc is completely overpowered atm in 10 mans even if there is nearly no over healing.

Just look at the rankings at any fight. A Disc with 120k hps on Protectors hc elite for example is ranked way under a Resto Druid with 80k healing. (Not even counting the dps)

Also look at the amount of Resto Druids compered to Disc, though. Its like 1/10 ratio on most of the hardest heroic fights. (and it is for a reason)
    Last edited by Celar; 2013-02-01 at 10:29 AM.
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar