I watched this recently... and while ELO is no longer an issue he makes some very valid points regarding skill.
So it got me thinking what do I do differently than the pros.
1) Communication: (naturally having a 5 man team who can speak to each other rather than type makes for a much better experience)
2) Farming/Last Hitting: I am terrible early game farming I think I have ADD or something but I just can't resist hitting the minions, and it always leads to me missing out on last hit and gold. That being said I HAVE tried to restrain myself in some games and while I can't say I noticed a huge increase in gold/number of minions farmed. I am not sure I really did any better at it.
3) Tower Dives: I watch videos and pros are very good at poking and harassing while under the turret and avoiding taking turret hits. I am very much all or nothin (part of this I think is communication) if I were able to effectively communicate that, it is possible that I may get more help while diving, spending less time under a turret, and leading to more kills and less deaths. Its also quite possible that when I dive... there isn't actually a kill there to be had, and I'm just making poor decisions.
4) Potions: I know I am terrible at using potions. I don't use them enough, and I don't use them effectively. Particularly mid fight when it would probably mean I would actually come out on top if I did in fact use it.
5) Items With Active Abilities: I quite often forget or neglect to use items I can that are equipped. That being said I also quite often avoid items that can be activated because I feel that I am not maximizing their use. Whether I have it and don't use it, or I just don't have it, both are really BAD!
Thats all i've got for now. (Not to say that those are the only differences) But i am interested to find out if anyone in the community actively tries to improve their game. If so what do you notice. It is quite possible that the majority are just herpin and derpin up and down the lanes like I like to think they are. But I have a feeling that is just in fact my feelings and not actual fact.