If you could chose between Paladin or Priest after 5.2 for PvP

Hey all.

First time poster and long time lurker. I have a quick question for you PvPers out there. I quit a little while ago and after viewing the recent changes in 5.2 I am giving PvP a try once more. I have a Paladin and a Priest on a very nice PvP server, at least it was when I quit. In your opinion what would be easier to re-learn, funner and fits with the best comps? I'm looking for like best synergy and best mix of DPS/Heals that are brought to the table from either of these classes. Any input would be greatly appreciated Ty.

Esperz

15+ Year Old Account
    Go priest if you want to dps and go pally if you want to heal.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Im sorry I should have been more clear. I like to heal in Arenas/RBGs/Bgs. So when I say DPS/Heal I mean mainly heal but DPS when we need to go for a kill

15+ Year Old Account
    Go Paladin then. Healing priest are not at the best spot right now in pvp.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc is going to be good in 5.2. I really don't know anything about paladins, its always a mid tier class. I would go with priest just because of Shadow.

Yea. From what I remember they are never really that good at the beginning of a season. I was hoping for some input AFTER 5.2.

Disc is actually not that bad right now, and is getting buffed. I would put money on disc being very strong in 5.2.

Deleted
    Priest are having their ups and downs, pallies are always good. Imo only go priest if you want to have a ranged dps os or you don like ret. Times of disc doing good damage are gone and pallies have more cc's now.

Uh sad that pallies have more CC than Priests now... would have never though that. Ty all for the input. Looks like I am lvling my Priest to 90 this weekend!!!

Go with priest. They are going to be really good in 5.2, I know some gladiator healers that are leveling their priests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Go Paladin then. Healing priest are not at the best spot right now in pvp.
    While it is true that that priests aren't in the best spot for healing right now, the topic is about playing PvP AFTER 5.2 releases, not currently.

OP: Disc and Holy for priests are terrible right now, but Disc can still do alright in arena atm. They're getting buffed pretty well post 5.2 patch and will be more viable again, but won't be top tier heals anymore; Resto Shams, Druids, and Monk have that spot for 5.2.

Paladins Are crazy good in 5.1 right now, but as of 5.2, their survivability is getting nerfed. hard. So while their heals will still be alright, they're going to get hit like they're made of glass, so they're not a good choice.

My suggestion: Go with a disc priest. They'll be back to being pretty good now that mana management isn't as much of a problem, amongst other great buffs.

Deleted
    Hpala is always a healer that is never top but always "viable" to play to glad, there is plenty of priests in glad range NOW so after patch priests will be good especially with rogue buffs in which they have good synergy with and mages being good RMP will be a top tier comp again

Quote Originally Posted by Aherooffools View Post
    While it is true that that priests aren't in the best spot for healing right now, the topic is about playing PvP AFTER 5.2 releases, not currently.

OP: Disc and Holy for priests are terrible right now, but Disc can still do alright in arena atm. They're getting buffed pretty well post 5.2 patch and will be more viable again, but won't be top tier heals anymore; Resto Shams, Druids, and Monk have that spot for 5.2.

Paladins Are crazy good in 5.1 right now, but as of 5.2, their survivability is getting nerfed. hard. So while their heals will still be alright, they're going to get hit like they're made of glass, so they're not a good choice.

My suggestion: Go with a disc priest. They'll be back to being pretty good now that mana management isn't as much of a problem, amongst other great buffs.

How is Holy survivability getting nerfed? Also what makes you think monks are top tier when they are just as open to cc as ever, maybe if they got nimble brew but they didn't. Also Healing isn't about which class, but what 3's set up you're running. A disc might shine in one, and a paladin in another. If you are playing hunter/melee I'd take a pala. If something caster oriented I'll take shaman druid. Also the fact that disc's psyfiend and mindbender can be insta feared by any pala with a turn evil macro makes em still shit for cc. Dominate mind pretty much cc's you as well.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you wanting to heal I would go pally they are so good atm and I don't see them getting bad down the road.