Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Maybe Thrall thought it would look bad to kill the race's leader then say "So...you in for joining my faction?" to the rest of the goblins or maybe he looked the other way because he knew that the rest of the goblins would have the freedom to go/do whatever they wanted when they joined the horde
    He kind of had their -help- in fighting him, you'd think throwing off the guy that stole their life savings and enslaved them would be a plus, wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Actually, the reason is ebcause Blizzard made the player the second richest and second most powerful Goblin on the Isle. If someone would have offed Gally it was the player. And Blizz can't have every goblin be the leader of the Goblins so they left Gallywix allive

Why is Sassy not a consideration?

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 09:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Or Her Tallness, Boss Mida.
    She's fanmade so tragically I think that automatically excluded her from the very purpose for which she was made.
    Twas brillig

Cuz Gallywix is gonna be the next Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Alright so Thrall, who hates slavery
    What gives you this idea? Seems like Thrall is fine with it as long as it isn't humans enslaving orcs. I mean, one of his best friends is Rehgar Earthfury...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Part of me wants somebody who actually cares about their people at least a smidgen in charge, and another part wants Gallywix to stay in power. It's easy to expect our own ideals of a leader. He's apparently a genius when it comes to things goblins hold in high regard, but yeah, what he did to his own people was very harsh.

This is in the large building at Domination Point:

Maybe Gallywix won't be ignored after all? Who knows.

She's fanmade so tragically I think that automatically excluded her from the very purpose for which she was made.
    Depends. The character was fanmade. Blizzard's more than welcome to take that concept and make it a true character, however. Think of how pandaren were created.

Not that I'm saying I think they will.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like we'll see him again at some stage

Logbook of Warlord Bloodhilt;
    "Gallywix keeps providing us with new recipes for chemicals that will help in the war but I know he is learning more than he is letting on."

and

The contract for Bilgewater Cartel Contract;
    "I (Gallywix) have salvage rights on all Alliance war machines and I intend to collect"

Might have a few neat weapons at his disposal.

Either way I'm still looking forward to seeing his own model one day!

Thrall show mercy that's pretty much why. I blame it on him being raised by humans personally. Now if he was raised a proper orc house hold! He would should no mercy.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Gallywix living was a Dilbert-inspired joke about the futility of hoping to replace a bad manager. There aren't good managers, and even if there were, bad managers can't be replaced.

Also, remember Gallywix is a goblin. Any other goblin would do exactly what Gallywix did in his position. Goblins think worker exploitation is cool. So Thrall could enslave the entire race by not letting them have their own leader, but he'd never do that. Or he could let them have a goblin leader, and one's as bad as any other.
    Last edited by Morsker; 2013-01-30 at 05:28 AM.

I hated the goblin starting experience so much..... This is what happened, Gallywix: "You're all my slaves." Player: "Thrall, help me not to be slave." Thrall: "He should be leader of goblins!" end scene.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall also let Garrosh have the Horde. Maybe this isn't out-of-character at all for him, and he's terrible at delegating to the right people. Thrall is good at leading and inspiring people directly, but makes bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    What gives you this idea?

Seems like Thrall is fine with it as long as it isn't humans enslaving orcs. I mean, one of his best friends is Rehgar Earthfury...
    1. Raised as a slave...to KILL for human amusement! Death was too good for Blackmoore...ANYONE who would enslave another...deserves WORSE than death! All are guilty! ALL must pay!! Granted this is just his fury talking during the elemental bonds thing but seriously, you'd think it'd be brought up. I don't really see how any of the other elements would've stopped him from offing Gallywix.

2. Yeah that's BS but Metzen's in love with thrall so nothing contradictory that he does ever gets brought up :\

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 11:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Morsker View Post
    I thought Gallywix living was a Dilbert-inspired joke about the futility of hoping to replace a bad manager. There aren't good managers, and even if there were, bad managers can't be replaced.

Also, remember Gallywix is a goblin. Any other goblin would do exactly what Gallywix did in his position. Goblins think worker exploitation is cool. So Thrall could enslave the entire race by not letting them have their own leader, but he'd never do that. Or he could let them have a goblin leader, and one's as bad as any other.

1. Sassy. Freaking. Hardwrench. Flew a plane? Pulled the player out of an exploding volcano? Had the player go talk to thrall in the first place? Ringing any bells to anyone in this thread?

2. Except the goblins ASKED THRALL FOR HIS HELP.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Gallywix is a pretty great Goblin and probably the most apt choice for leader available besides the player-character, but Blizzard just kind of ran out of time in the quest zones and didn't have time to make the decision very comfortable or explain it very well (or at all). He really is basically everything it means to be a Goblin and most qualified for the job. Sure he sold them into slavery but that's only because there was profit to be found in doing so and that's what a Trade Prince does.

Maybe we'll see the Bilgewater Goblins take up a larger role in a coming patch and the devs might be able to flesh out Gallywix's character and the Goblins in general. I think I remember Dave Kosak mentioning plans for one of the patches to put some focus on the Gnomes, maybe then would be a good time to mirror some Alliance-side Mekkatorque development with some Gallywix development for the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Thrall show mercy that's pretty much why. I blame it on him being raised by humans personally. Now if he was raised a proper orc house hold! He would should no mercy.
    He's killed people before though! He bashed his own former champion over the head with the doomhammer because he consorted with demons all while having 'the best intentions' (he wanted the demons to kill humans)

Yet Thrall can't seem to kill GALLYWIX of all people? AT THE REQUEST OF GALLYWIX'S GOBLIN SLAVES? something seems dumb there.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 11:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    I think Gallywix is a pretty great Goblin and probably the most apt choice for leader available besides the player-character, but Blizzard just kind of ran out of time in the quest zones and didn't have time to make the decision very comfortable or explain it very well (or at all). He really is basically everything it means to be a Goblin and most qualified for the job. Sure he sold them into slavery but that's only because there was profit to be found in doing so and that's what a Trade Prince does.

Maybe we'll see the Bilgewater Goblins take up a larger role in a coming patch and the devs might be able to flesh out Gallywix's character and the Goblins in general. I think I remember Dave Kosak mentioning plans for one of the patches to put some focus on the Gnomes, maybe then would be a good time to mirror some Alliance-side Mekkatorque development with some Gallywix development for the Horde.
    1. Sassy Hardwrench :|

2. I"m not saying he's not exactly what a goblin should be! If anything he's only lacking subtlety! I'm questioning WHY HE'S STILL ALIVE because you'd think someone would've replaced HIM the way HE replaced the last trade prince.

3. Gallywix's character is fine, his short story makes him downright AWESOME. I just wish it EXPLAINED why he was not bashed over the head after fighting Thrall and the player :\
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Sassy Hardwrench :|

2. I"m not saying he's not exactly what a goblin should be! If anything he's only lacking subtlety! I'm questioning WHY HE'S STILL ALIVE because you'd think someone would've replaced HIM the way HE replaced the last trade prince.

3. Gallywix's character is fine, his short story makes him downright AWESOME. I just wish it EXPLAINED why he was not bashed over the head after fighting Thrall and the player :\
    Maybe Thrall recognised how appropriate Gallywix was for the role and just begrudgingly forced himself to get past the whole slavery deal, realising that his world view was not necessarily the same as that of the Goblins. It would be nice to have had some internal monologue detailing the decision in an in-game book or quest text or something though.

I understand the weirdness. I think it ultimately comes down to Blizzard just writing themselves into a corner. The whole story was basically about you and Gallywix competing for position of Trade Prince, and when the time came and they obviously the couldn't choose you it had to be Gallywix. There's probably no real reason behind Thrall's decision besides just awkward writing.

It could have seemed equally as weird to have Thrall and the player kill Gallywix and rather than Thrall appoint you the replacement Trade Prince, appoint a companion you had along the way (mainly because she's the only other important Bilgewater Goblin they'd written). You'd have left the area knowing you unquestionably should have been Trade Prince and it was just gameplay that got in the way of the lore; your character was absolutely the only other Goblin fit for the job and wouldn't have just turned down Trade Prince after going through all that trouble.

Still I wouldn't be surprised if Sassy becomes Trade Princess after the Siege of Orgrimmar, the coming patching provide the chance for Blizzard to build her up as more than a glorified sidekick.

Thrall didn't kill him cause thrall is a better orc then that. He doesn't kill needlessly. He doesn't sink to his enemy's level.

as much as people hate gallywix.. hes really the only goblin we can put for a leader.. theres just no other good candidates that can be leader material.

A lot of Gallywix-related content never made it into Cataclysm. He is not present anywhere in the game after the Kezan/Lost Isles part, although his Kezan quotes were obviouly meant for him being in his Pleasure Palace. The PP itself, while being fully finished, is not involved in any quest although it is an important part of Azshara. Gallywix has regular goblin model despite the concept art showing him totally different: an obese, top hat-wearing person riding a Shredder throne, complete with a personal driver and two troll slavegirls. Ingame, he's just a big goblin, but his head monument in Azshara is made after this art.

I do have my suspicions that Gallywix was all but cut because he's a pretty straightforward caricature of Robert Kotick and/or modern day game businessmen in general. I mean, read his story on the website.

But first, a friendly legally binding warning just for you.

If you’re reading this and haven’t bought the book yet, that’s stealing. You think that browsing is a victimless crime? You think it’s your right as a customer? You’d be dead wrong, deadbeat! It’s freeloaders like you who drove down my profit margin last year and kept me from adding an edible furniture wing onto my mansion. Now, instead of the chocolate couches with funnel cake pillows I deserve, I have furniture made of silk. Have you ever tried to eat silk? You even know where that stuff comes from? A worm’s cakehole, that’s where! You need to fix this. Buy my book, or my exploding assassins will hunt you down like the thieving bilge rat you are.
    If that was not coming from Blizzard, it would have been too easy to mistake this for straightly put anti-Kotick satire, based off his numerous statements about his policy of selling games.

Even if not intended as such, I won't be too much surprised to learn that someone on top of Activision Blizzard chain of command didn't like it. Thus we saw nothing of Gallywix after this story was published.

Still, I'd be happy to see him as a boss in Orgrimmar raid. Complete with slavegirls and such. WoW needs its own Jabba the Hutt.

A lot of Gallywix-related content never made it into Cataclysm. He is not present anywhere in the game after the Kezan/Lost Isles part, although his Kezan quotes were obviouly meant for him being in his Pleasure Palace. The PP itself, while being fully finished, is not involved in any quest although it is an important part of Azshara. Gallywix has regular goblin model despite the concept art showing him totally different: an obese, top hat-wearing person riding a Shredder throne, complete with a personal driver and two troll slavegirls. Ingame, he's just a big goblin, but his head monument in Azshara is made after this art.

I do have my suspicions that Gallywix was all but cut because he's a pretty straightforward caricature of Robert Kotick and/or modern day game businessmen in general. I mean, read his story on the website.

But first, a friendly legally binding warning just for you.

If you’re reading this and haven’t bought the book yet, that’s stealing. You think that browsing is a victimless crime? You think it’s your right as a customer? You’d be dead wrong, deadbeat! It’s freeloaders like you who drove down my profit margin last year and kept me from adding an edible furniture wing onto my mansion. Now, instead of the chocolate couches with funnel cake pillows I deserve, I have furniture made of silk. Have you ever tried to eat silk? You even know where that stuff comes from? A worm’s cakehole, that’s where! You need to fix this. Buy my book, or my exploding assassins will hunt you down like the thieving bilge rat you are.
    If that was not coming from Blizzard, it would have been too easy to mistake this for straightly put anti-Kotick satire, based off his numerous statements about his policy of selling games.

Even if not intended as such, I won't be too much surprised to learn that someone on top of Activision Blizzard chain of command didn't like it. Thus we saw nothing of Gallywix after this story was published.

Still, I'd be happy to see him as a boss in Orgrimmar raid. Complete with slavegirls and such. WoW needs its own Jabba the Hutt.

You have it set in your head that Goblins can at one point show even the slightest amount of nobility, honor and workmanship.

I think the charm of Goblins is the fact that no matter how hard you wanna roleplay a Goblin, they just can't handle being noble whatsoever. Your player character would probably sell his best friend for a couple gold pieces, and he only killed Deathwing because the world ending is bad for business. Zero nobility, no respect. Sassy Hardwrench only likes your character because you are her boss, she wants a promotion.

Goblins would rather die than be poor, and thats what makes them so fun to play as. They are the 7 deadly sins incarnate.

Gallywix is rich, he's LOADED rich. Thrall probably knows Goblins much more than us players do, and simply killing Gallywix would only cause Goblin political drama. Gallywix even sarcastically says "oh okay, you win, For the Horde or whatever" he literally says that if I'm not mistaken.

Killing Gallywix would make it look like Goblins were vengeful, or reclaiming their honor or something. As long as they get their money back (which I think they do?) they don't care. They seriously don't care.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2013-01-30 at 08:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of people here seem to have a strange idea of mercy.
    When a leader enslaves his people for selfish reasons and let's many die of their own home and then tries to attack and kill Thrall there is no mercy to be had for such a person.