Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,479

    Why didn't Thrall just off Gallywix?

    Alright so Thrall, who hates slavery, and just fought this Trade Prince... who'd pretty much implied he was going to enslave him alongside the player, spares Gallywix... why?


    No one better? - Sassy's right there, management experience and all.


    Gallywix is 'a typical goblin'? Uh so what? Thrall's bashed in heads before, I'm not saying Gallywix isn't a capable leader for the goblins, but leaving the vast majority of the people to be slaves or drown in a sinking ship isn't exactly good for business either, it ups the chances he'll end up like his predecessor after all, doesn't it?


    I'm just not following Blizzard's reasoning with his storyline, him being allowed to live or remain in power just doesn't seem reasonable to me.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    3,322
    he will probably die in the siege of orgrimmar raid anyway
    You kill or you die. Or you die and you kill.
    Tell them only that the Lich King is dead and that World of Warcraft died with him.

  3. #3
    Mechagnome jishdefish's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Stealthed
    Posts
    598
    I agree. It doesn't add up. In the end, I suppose he'll be a raid boss in the final patch of Mists of Pandaria, and they'll actually get a good leader.

    Edit: someone beat me to it, ah well.

    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of wow.joystiq.com and woweh.com

  4. #4
    Probably holding off for the Ogrimmar raid. When questioning these things, be it in game or in a movie / T.V. show, I find this answer explains everything away.

    "It's in the script."

  5. #5
    Thrall was pretty preoccupied at this stage. Maybe he just care.

    Or Gallywix bribed him.

  6. #6
    I really doubt anything will happen to him in the Siege of Orgrimmar. More likely Blizzard will just forget about him for a few more years.

    The problem with that plotline was that the person who should obviously take Gallywix's place was the player character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  7. #7
    Yeah I can't see Gallywix staying as the goblin leader forever. He does not care about his people even. He was prepared to sell and sacrifice them as slaves. He only joined the Horde so that he would be rescued from the lost isle and be safe. He's in for the cash, to exploit, and chances to try out new experiments and gadgets. I hope he ends up as a boss in Orgrimmar.
    "I bring light where there is darkness. Hope where there is despair. Judgement where there is injustice. I AM PALADIN!"

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I really doubt anything will happen to him in the Siege of Orgrimmar. More likely Blizzard will just forget about him for a few more years.

    The problem with that plotline was that the person who should obviously take Gallywix's place was the player character.
    Or y'now Sassy, or Hobart, or we could've gotten a council like the dwarves.

    Or HECK Blizz could've made Gallywix a jerk but not directed him at his own people!


    EDIT:

    Go home spell check you're drunk. Could've is totally word.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  9. #9
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,595
    Because Thrall knows a concept of Mercy a lot of people don't, and the Goblins needed some figurehead as their leader.

    I also think a lot of Goblins have debts toward Gallywix so that may also make him the "right" leader for them, at least during that time period.

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    Thrall was pretty preoccupied at this stage. Maybe he just care.

    Or Gallywix bribed him.
    Thing is Gallywix was a slaveowner, that's a big reason for Thrall to care :\

    he didn't have time, or resources with which to bribe him.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  11. #11
    Gallywix won Thrall over with his charm.

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Because Thrall knows a concept of Mercy a lot of people don't

    , and the Goblins needed some figurehead as their leader.

    I also think a lot of Goblins have debts toward Gallywix so that may also make him the "right" leader for them, at least during that time period.
    1. Mercy is for people who deserve it though, and Thrall's bashed heads open before, take Burx from Cycle of Hatre and such for example. Thrall's killed tons of people. Mercy is for people like Sergeant who only wanted to defend themselves and Thrall let him go because he wasn't an insane megalomaniacal asshat.

    2. Again, Sassy.

    3. Not... -really- they were slaves. And then un-slaves after he beat Gallywix which would've been the same result if he'd just killed Gallywix, do remember that most of the player charcters npc allies -helped- fight against Gallywix.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Thing is Gallywix was a slaveowner, that's a big reason for Thrall to care :\

    he didn't have time, or resources with which to bribe him.
    Yeah I don't disagree.
    Its just shit writing.

    Or Thrall is just truly horrible at picking leaders.

  14. #14
    Actually, the reason is ebcause Blizzard made the player the second richest and second most powerful Goblin on the Isle. If someone would have offed Gally it was the player. And Blizz can't have every goblin be the leader of the Goblins so they left Gallywix allive

  15. #15
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    1. Mercy is for people who deserve it though, and Thrall's bashed heads open before, take Burx from Cycle of Hatre and such for example. Thrall's killed tons of people. Mercy is for people like Sergeant who only wanted to defend themselves and Thrall let him go because he wasn't an insane megalomaniacal asshat.

    2. Again, Sassy.

    3. Not... -really- they were slaves. And then un-slaves after he beat Gallywix which would've been the same result if he'd just killed Gallywix, do remember that most of the player charcters npc allies -helped- fight against Gallywix.
    Eh I dunno then. That's just my reasoning.

    He'll probably be dying in Siege of Org anyways.

  16. #16
    Maybe Thrall thought it would look bad to kill the race's leader then say "So...you in for joining my faction?" to the rest of the goblins or maybe he looked the other way because he knew that the rest of the goblins would have the freedom to go/do whatever they wanted when they joined the horde
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.
    Friend Safari: Steel, Metang, Mawile, third unknown.

  17. #17
    Thrall fought the trade prince? When? I'm missing some lore here.
    You now stand before the Countess.
    A story of Firsts from around the world:
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com/

  18. #18
    Sassy Hardwrench is the player character's secretary... I mean I liked her too but come on now, she's only up for consideration due to a lack of other candidates.

    The OBVIOUS choice is well... us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Or y'now Sassy, or Hobart, or we could've gotten a council like the dwarves.
    I personally would've voted for Assistant Greely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Thrall fought the trade prince? When? I'm missing some lore here.
    At the end of the goblin starting area, just before leaving the Lost Isles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The OBVIOUS choice is well... us.
    Or Her Tallness, Boss Mida.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    At the end of the goblin starting area, just before leaving the Lost Isles.
    Hmm interesting, I don't remember that. I'll have to play it again. Thanks!
    You now stand before the Countess.
    A story of Firsts from around the world:
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •