Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Bloodsail Admiral spaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,112
    Mathael, Inarius.

    Adria got away, so she definately serves a higher power then diablo (baal 2.0?) I wanna think maybe memphisto, or some sort of entity like him..


    We can rule out anything to do with leah.. since she already was sacrified for diablo
    3DS FC: 5172 - 0403 - 7277
    Pokemon Y Safari Steel Type (Feroseed, Forretess, Brozong)
    Bravely Default
    White Mage|XIV Stream

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Is this just speculation based on their repeated use of the phrase "Prime Evil" when referring to several different things?
    No just before the fight with Diablo, Tyrael explains the story of Tathamet and that the Prime Evil (Diablo) is essentially its reincarnation.
    Do you really need a better answer than that?

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 12:28 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    We can rule out anything to do with leah.. since she already was sacrified for diablo
    Except Metzen has said that... they want to search for Leah's soul to return her to her body.

  3. #23
    Since it will be expansion, there will be only one new town (following example of D2) and that boss in my opinion will probably be Adria (very anticlimactic i know -.-).

  4. #24
    Scarab Lord Howard Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    4,137
    Obviously Adria and Imperius, although they migh save the latter one for a later expansion.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

    "This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

  5. #25
    Adria and Malthael are up to some shit.

    Well. Adria's up to some shit. I bet it'll have to do with Leah's soul. Something tells me that Malthael has been steadily losing his mind for a long time. I'm willing to bet they'll both appear.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  6. #26
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Don't be shocked if we get some kind of proto-steampunk class. Rumor has it the plan is to fast-forward several hundred years into the future for the Diablo MMO where steampunk tech exists.
    so basically TL2 don't get me wrong, I LOVE steampunk so if they put any kind of steampunky type class I would be ALL over that mofo, but tbh if you want Diablo + steampunk... play Torchlight, that's basically what it is.

    I'm still holding out for Druidy type class.
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    so basically TL2 don't get me wrong, I LOVE steampunk so if they put any kind of steampunky type class I would be ALL over that mofo, but tbh if you want Diablo + steampunk... play Torchlight, that's basically what it is.

    I'm still holding out for Druidy type class.
    Steampunk in the diablo universe is almost a certainty id say at this point. We know theyve hired artists that specialize in steampunk for titan/diablo MMO.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    No just before the fight with Diablo, Tyrael explains the story of Tathamet and that the Prime Evil (Diablo) is essentially its reincarnation.
    Do you really need a better answer than that?
    Yes, because what we fought is nowhere near the legend of Tathamet. He and Anu are the size of planets, lore wise, it is said that Tathamet's body became the foundation for the hells. He also had seven heads, not one. Diablo was one evil controlling the other six, not all seven truly merged. I suspect there's no way to end the war on evil without truly recreating Tathamet and destroying it in a way Anu could not.

    Essentially, all we fought were the 7 heads of Tathamet. Not the body, not the arms, not the legs. And, as others have argued, Leah was the host and was part Diablo to begin with, so it is very possible that what we fought was, indeed, super-charged Diablo, as he had prevelance over the other six evils in that creation process (as was the plan all along). In Diablo lore, evil characters are very characteristically not team players - Diablo does not want to just become part of Tathamet any more than the other 6 evils wanted to just be part of him. HE wants to be the one to destroy heaven and HE wants to be the ruler of all creation. Tathamet is not part of the plan.

    Of course, I suspect Tathamet will become part of the plan whether Diablo likes it or not. This lends itself to a stereotypical jedi story - Anu could not truly beat Tathamet because good is not truly better than evil, it will take the nephalem who are a combination of both to lead the world to freedom.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  9. #29
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Steampunk in the diablo universe is almost a certainty id say at this point. We know theyve hired artists that specialize in steampunk for titan/diablo MMO.
    Can't really argue with that then can I . Still, I don't think Steampunk is the way to go for Diablo, otherwise It'll just end up as Torchlight.. And how would the other classes fit into the new steampunk style?

    And how would you make a "Steampunk" class?
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    This lends itself to a stereotypical jedi story - Anu could not truly beat Tathamet because good is not truly better than evil, it will take the nephalem who are a combination of both to lead the world to freedom.
    Oh wow, I really hope you're wrong here because that would be an even worse ending than Diablo 3 currently has.

  11. #31
    Inb4 Adria makes some uber verision of diablo or some crap like that...well Metzen writes all the lore so we should be grateful that Thrall isnt in diablo throwing lightning bolts left and right

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Oh wow, I really hope you're wrong here because that would be an even worse ending than Diablo 3 currently has.
    It feels kind of hinted at, in my opinion. I kind of hope I am, too, and by no means should you think I'm all knowledgeable about Diablo lore (I haven't read the books). However, from what I know of the creation story, Anu was "The first" and decided he didn't like the dark parts of himself (evils). He took these parts out of himself and formed them into another creature, became known as Tathamet, and tried to destroy them. However, the bad parts proved as strong as the good parts and their battle raged on for [a really really long time]. Eventually, they clashed in an epic explosion that "killed" both of them. The remains of Tathamet became the Hells and his seven heads each formed one of the seven major evils, the strongest being the three brothers, of course. Anu's remains became the crystal arch from which angels are powered, his eye became the Worldstone with the power to form entire worlds, and his spine is what angels are born from. The Angiris Council is supposed to be a representation of Anu's five prime virtues.

    With this in mind (the fact that Anu could not destroy Tathamet), it seems logical to me that if Tathamet were truly reborn, the host of angels would not be able to fight him. Anu was angelic perfection and could not win, so something else has to stand up and kill Tathamet. Considering they've already said nephalem are stronger than both angels and demons, I feel like I see where this is going. While I admit that Diablo being called the "prime evil" (what Tathamet was called) along with the fact that he is all seven major evils along with the fact that the angels couldn't defeat him does kind of show that he might have been the reincarnation of Tathamet, I really believe we will actually see the "T" word used in the expansions and later. I highly doubt they will end the series with "go kill that mortal witch!"
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-02-04 at 08:38 AM.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I highly doubt they will end the series with "go kill that mortal witch!"
    Yeah, I think we can all agree on that. That would be horribly anti-climatic. But I don't know, I feel Blizzard have really written themselves into a corner with Diablo 3.

  14. #34
    All I care for atm is that we get fixed travel between acts and all thoes other things that Diablo2 had, inn the exspansion.

    ...Oh and I want Decard Cain back. Screw all the other lore...there was a guy that was Iconic...could barely mention other NPC's inn Diablo3.

    Edit: My bet on boss goes to a random person we didn't forsee :P
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

  15. #35
    The Lightbringer Bigbazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    3,682
    I like the Deckablo idea best.
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  16. #36
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    All I care for atm is that we get fixed travel between acts and all thoes other things that Diablo2 had, inn the exspansion.

    ...Oh and I want Decard Cain back. Screw all the other lore...there was a guy that was Iconic...could barely mention other NPC's inn Diablo3.

    Edit: My bet on boss goes to a random person we didn't forsee :P
    Indeed, really weak to kill off Deckard, and his voice actor is like 30 so he could have sticked around for a good while
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  17. #37
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Indeed, really weak to kill off Deckard, and his voice actor is like 30 so he could have sticked around for a good while
    Oh don't worry he will come back as the scribe of the angels reborn as an angel :O with the option: ID All

  18. #38
    Brewmaster juzalol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,281
    Reincarnation of Cain as Diablo.
    Then your inner Diablo when you realize YOU are Diablo.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Oh don't worry he will come back as the scribe of the angels reborn as an angel :O with the option: ID All
    Haha, would be brilliant.

    ...Would love it aswell :& That NPC is so needed.
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

  20. #40
    Im still a bit upset they killed Griswold in d2 haha.

    I also miss gharbad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •