Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Georgia man shoots and kills guy who accidentally pulled into his driveway

http://nbclatino.com/2013/01/29/geor...ay-police-say/

Short version: Paranoia+guns= disaster. What is it with people justifying shooting others just for "being on their property" when they're not even breaking in or anything (even accidentally like in this case)? How is that "defending yourself"?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

I guess I should shoot anybody who comes at my door and am unfamiliar with.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I guess I should shoot anybody who comes at my door and am unfamiliar with.
    even girl scouts?

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 03:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    http://nbclatino.com/2013/01/29/geor...ay-police-say/

Short version: Paranoia+guns= disaster. What is it with people justifying shooting others just for "being on their property" when they're not even breaking in or anything (even accidentally like in this case)? How is that "defending yourself"?
    obviously property > average person from the human populace

In before "it was the driver of the car's fault"
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    even girl scouts?

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 03:18 AM ----------

obviously property > average person from the human populace
    Yes. I don't want your cookies!

Especially girl scouts! ^.^ naw yay girl scout cookies!

There is no news story about how the majority of gun owners are responsible, because it's not lurid and interesting.

These events are the exception.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    even girl scouts?
    I fucking hate Thin Mints.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

*Ahem*

Let the anti/pro gun discussions commence.

Anyways, I really don't have anything to say. All my insight on gun related incidents has been posted over the numerous threads involving gun violence.

Maybe if he had paid attention to what driveway he was driving in, he wouldn't have paid with his life.

/end sarcasm.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2013-01-30 at 03:30 AM.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

That's really unfortunate, certainly being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Hopefully justice is served and he rots in a cell until he's dead.

He fired a warning shot and then when the car was accelerated to go in reverse he perceived it differently.
    He’s an elderly man, he perceived the car going towards his house, towards him.
    I must say Bullshit on that one, how can you not tell the difference between an object moving away from you at a quick rate to an object moving towards you at a quick rate.....

Yes, paranoia is bad, but:
    You have to understand this is a 69-year-old man who is a military veteran who has been honorably discharged,
    That makes it even worse, he should have known how to handle the situation, and the fact that he still shot after the kids were driving away is just ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    *Ahem*

Let the anti/pro gun discussions commence.

Anyways, I really don't have anything to say. All my insight on gun related incidents has been posted over the numerous threads involving gun violence.
    At this point, I would have expected people to have copy/paste replies ready in a Word file somewhere.

According to the Castle Doctrine, that guy was invading the moat.

You don't mess with a man's moat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Just to play devils advocate here, couldn't the driver have had a seriously menacing gaze? Just imagine if he had been allowed to peel out of the mans drive-way... the property damage alone could have broken the mid to hi "hundreds of dollars". Just saying gotta protect our drive-ways people, that's something every American can get behind!

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Maybe if he had paid attention to what driveway he was driving in, he wouldn't have paid with his life.
    Maybe if the property owner was not a paranoid dumbass, he would have lived too.

There are good gun onwers, and then there are the paranoid. I hope he gets the book thrown at him.

Too abd the paranoid tend to be the most vocal >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    There is no news story about how the majority of gun owners are responsible, because it's not lurid and interesting.

These events are the exception.
    This isn't about gun ownership. This is about a paranoid old man shooting an innocent man in the face.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    So you've never accidentally pulled into the wrong driveway when going to someone's house?

Or never used someone's driveway to turn around in a neighborhood with a narrow street?

Offtopic:

Biske, I like your signature, have vs of

Here we go again with guns, the goose in my avatar is not pleased.