Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Uschlol View Post
    I don't know what culture your referring to... To say these accidental shootings are a new trend is uneducated at best.
    It doesn't change the fact this guy killed an innocent life in paranoia. This guy really shouldn't hold onto a gun.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Uhhh this guy shouldn't own a gun or a high-powered crossbow if he just shoots people ACCIDENTLY backing up into his driveway. Violent neighboorhood or not. You have to be careful.
    Pulled forward into, not backed into

  3. #143
    Legendary! THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Magnolia
    Posts
    6,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissarr View Post
    In fairness gays shouldn't allowed to marry, as it's a religious institution that is pretty clear what it does and doesn't allow. But that's a different topic all together.

    Sorry but No. You couldn't be more wrong. Long before religion came to play, marriage was used to help determine distribution of wealth among families of the deceased and for diplomatic purposes among families and foreign nations. All of this was prevalent in ancient societies far before ANY religion played a role in what YOU perceive as marriage. Open your history book pal.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2013-01-30 at 05:50 AM.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Uschlol View Post
    I'm assuming you have never lived in an area with a lot of gang activity?
    Actually, I've lived about 3 blocks from a drug house. Wasn't run by a gang per se, but it still wasn't filled with nice people.

    They didn't fuck with people that didn't get involved. Took the police about 2 years to get enough evidence to finally raid the place.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    It doesn't change the fact this guy killed an innocent life in paranoia. This guy really shouldn't hold onto a gun.
    Well he probably will have some penalty. But to blame a culture, or the weapon is simply misguided

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Uschlol View Post
    I don't know what culture your referring to... To say these accidental shootings are a new trend is uneducated at best.
    The culture of just because we have an amendment guaranteeing we can have guns, means that we can do just about whatever we like with them. This is primairily a problem with the utterly stupid. Such as leaving your saftey off, or leaving it within reach of a kid, or firing it just for the hell of it in a residential area, or firing it into the air FORGETTING THAT LAW OF GRAVITY APPLY TO EVERYTHING.

    Reasonable, respectful gun owners know how to properly secure their gun, as well as how to respectfuly operate one. My issue is with the cowboy mentality.

  7. #147
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Uschlol View Post
    Well he probably will have some penalty. But to blame a culture, or the weapon is simply misguided
    Culture can be blamed but not in this case. Again saying Guns are not dangerous and harmless is also misguided. The guy shouldn't have a gun now. I get he's a vet and I respect him for that. It doesn't mean he can do whatever he pleases. I know what it's like to have a war vet. My grandpa was one and he's dead but he wouldn't hurt a fly.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  8. #148
    It is legal to shoot kids who tries to sell candy to you, because it is illegal to sell food without FDA approve.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Sorry but No. You couldn't be more wrong. Long before religion came to play, marriage was used to help determine distribution of wealth among families of the deceased and for diplomatic purposes among families and foreign nations. as well. of which came far before ANY religion played a role in what YOU perceive as marriage. Open your history book pal.
    Gays still marry, just not in a church. A religious sect should have the right to decline to acknowledge such a union. Freedom of religion and whatnot.

  10. #150
    Legendary! THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Magnolia
    Posts
    6,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Uschlol View Post
    Gays still marry, just not in a church. A religious sect should have the right to decline to acknowledge such a union. Freedom of religion and whatnot.
    Not denying religion that right. But to say that Marriage as a whole is a religious institution when history says otherwise is downright false.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2013-01-30 at 05:51 AM.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    The culture of just because we have an amendment guaranteeing we can have guns, means that we can do just about whatever we like with them. This is primairily a problem with the utterly stupid. Such as leaving your saftey off, or leaving it within reach of a kid, or firing it just for the hell of it in a residential area, or firing it into the air FORGETTING THAT LAW OF GRAVITY APPLY TO EVERYTHING.

    Reasonable, respectful gun owners know how to properly secure their gun, as well as how to respectfuly operate one. My issue is with the cowboy mentality.
    Silly story...
    The law of gravity does apply to bullets, but so does the law of wind resistances. When I go duck hunting, we sometimes shoot straight into the air. After about 45-60 seconds the bbs will rain down on us. They don't hurt, just bounce off harmlessly.

  12. #152
    I am Murloc! Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    5,023
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    It is legal to shoot kids who tries to sell candy to you, because it is illegal to sell food without FDA approve.
    what does that have to do with anything?

  13. #153
    Pit Lord Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,484
    I don't know why they are still allowing us to harm ourselves with these primitive tools of death and destruction. They should just outlaw firearms already.
    Synek - best rogue in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't think I know what the acronym "tsg" is. It's not RBG's or Arena, random battlegrounds, or any form of dungeon or raid that I can think of. What does it mean?

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    It is legal to shoot kids who tries to sell candy to you, because it is illegal to sell food without FDA approve.
    Vigilantism isn't strictly legal.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    too bad this isn't what happened, oh how pointless hypotheticals can be.
    You say this, but I see hypotheticals all over the place. "What if guns were illegal?" "What if he only had a baseball bat?" "What if they WERE there to rob him?"

    I don't pretend to know the whole story based off that small article. Nobody should. I will say that if somebody fires a gun into the air and tells me to get the hell out of there, my next step would certainly not be to roll down the window. There are a couple things about the story I don't understand, which makes me think that isn't the whole story. On the other side of the fence, if there were 4 teenage gangbangers there to rob a 70 year old man, he needs a firearm to defend himself. He wouldn't be able to do it with a baseball bat.

    Also, as a rule, we don't send mentally disabled people to prison in this country. You can't call him "A crazy loon!" and then say "I hope he rots in jail." If he is in fact of impaired mental capacity, (A) he shouldn't have had a gun (B) he shouldn't be sent to prison.

    There probably should be a subforum for gun control in America. (since everybody living outside the US cares so much about it)

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Culture can be blamed but not in this case. Again saying Guns are not dangerous and harmless is also misguided. The guy shouldn't have a gun now. I get he's a vet and I respect him for that. It doesn't mean he can do whatever he pleases. I know what it's like to have a war vet. My grandpa was one and he's dead but he wouldn't hurt a fly.
    Guns are no more dangerous than your car, or a gas can in your garage, or a candle lit in your room. People are simply afraid of what they don't understand.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 05:56 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I don't know why they are still allowing us to harm ourselves with these primitive tools of death and destruction. They should just outlaw firearms already.
    Go read "the giver"

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Uschlol View Post
    Silly story...
    The law of gravity does apply to bullets, but so does the law of wind resistances. When I go duck hunting, we sometimes shoot straight into the air. After about 45-60 seconds the bbs will rain down on us. They don't hurt, just bounce off harmlessly.
    That's because you didn't shoot them in a ballistic trajectory. Also, those BBs probably have a very low terminal velocity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uschlol View Post
    Guns are no more dangerous than your car, or a gas can in your garage, or a candle lit in your room. People are simply afraid of what they don't understand.

    Go read "the giver"
    If people are afraid of what they don't understand, you should be afraid of guns, gas cans, candles and cars.

    Also, telling people to go read fictional works doesn't support your argument, it just makes you look like you don't have anything to really support it other than fictional works.
    Last edited by Bergtau; 2013-01-30 at 05:58 AM.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  18. #158
    If a guy is murdered and all you are worried is about people taking your gun away or gun debate, your priority is off.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Uschlol View Post
    Silly story...
    The law of gravity does apply to bullets, but so does the law of wind resistances. When I go duck hunting, we sometimes shoot straight into the air. After about 45-60 seconds the bbs will rain down on us. They don't hurt, just bounce off harmlessly.
    True, but i also just read a story of a hunter who shot at a boar, the bullet then richoched off of one of its bones, flew a mile and struck someone in a moving car dead. While that was INCREDIBLY unlucky and not the hunters fault at all, it shows bullets can still kill even if they have to travel far.

    http://www.thelocal.fr/page/view/fre...r#.UQcKBCe4B0x
    Last edited by Crissi; 2013-01-30 at 05:59 AM.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    http://nbclatino.com/2013/01/29/geor...ay-police-say/

    Short version: Paranoia+guns= disaster. What is it with people justifying shooting others just for "being on their property" when they're not even breaking in or anything (even accidentally like in this case)? How is that "defending yourself"?
    It's not. /10char

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •