Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    If a guy is murdered and all you are worried is about people taking your gun away or gun debate, your priority is off.
    Not really since him murdering some random guy in Georgia doesn't affect me. Now the government passing gun control laws on the other hand does.

  2. #162
    Also, what we REALLY need in this country is more laws, to make stuff like this DOUBLE illegal.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    That's because you didn't shoot them in a ballistic trajectory. Also, those BBs probably have a very low terminal velocity.



    If people are afraid of what they don't understand, you should be afraid of guns, gas cans, candles and cars.

    Also, telling people to go read fictional works doesn't support your argument, it just makes you look like you don't have anything to really support it other than fictional works.
    High terminal velocity. Low mass so the force is negligible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Anti-racism protests are racist against whites.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    I am The Riddler. I never 'make stuff up'.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Not really since him murdering some random guy in Georgia doesn't affect me. Now the government passing gun control laws on the other hand does.
    Of course it would affect you. It makes it justifiable for people to kill you if everyone acts like the old man.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    High terminal velocity. Low mass so the force is negligible.
    Relatively low terminal velocity compared to the muzzle velocity.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    That's because you didn't shoot them in a ballistic trajectory. Also, those BBs probably have a very low terminal velocity.



    If people are afraid of what they don't understand, you should be afraid of guns, gas cans, candles and cars.

    Also, telling people to go read fictional works doesn't support your argument, it just makes you look like you don't have anything to really support it other than fictional works.
    Obviously you haven't read it.....
    I don't understand....are you saying I don't understand guns cars etc?

  7. #167
    Have the anti gun people not jerked each other off enough already?

    <Infracted>
    Last edited by Anakso; 2013-01-30 at 09:12 AM.

  8. #168
    The Insane Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    18,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Uschlol View Post
    Obviously you haven't read it.....
    I don't understand....are you saying I don't understand guns cars etc?
    They're saying comparing a gun to a car is asinine.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Uschlol View Post
    Obviously you haven't read it.....
    I don't understand....are you saying I don't understand guns cars etc?
    I have read it, actually, I just don't think that a fictional work is reality. Just because the book is popular doesn't mean it represents what would happen.

    And yeah, I'm saying you don't understand those things because you think that a candle is as dangerous as a gun. If you think the maximum amount of damage potential that something has represents how dangerous it is then you must think that everything is equally dangerous.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    They're saying comparing a gun to a car is asinine.
    Or a candle, etc.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  10. #170
    It's times like this when I'm a little ashamed to be an American.

    I seriously don't have anything to say to this. This is retarded.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  11. #171
    The Lightbringer Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    3,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    You say this, but I see hypotheticals all over the place. "What if guns were illegal?" "What if he only had a baseball bat?" "What if they WERE there to rob him?"
    hypotheticals are still useless, what do they do in the real world? nothing.

    I don't pretend to know the whole story based off that small article. Nobody should. I will say that if somebody fires a gun into the air and tells me to get the hell out of there, my next step would certainly not be to roll down the window. There are a couple things about the story I don't understand, which makes me think that isn't the whole story. On the other side of the fence, if there were 4 teenage gangbangers there to rob a 70 year old man, he needs a firearm to defend himself. He wouldn't be able to do it with a baseball bat.
    if i rolled up to someones house thinking it was a friends and some asshole comes out yelling at me and telling me to leave and then shooting off a warning shot before i could even say wrong house we'll leave now. and i had the chance to tell him how i really feel i would have. that man had NO reason to do what he did. and to the last point that's what the fucking police are for....robbers may have guns but the last thing they want to add to armed robbery is second degree murder. i see no reason to defend this man... at all.

  12. #172
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Of course it would affect you. It makes it justifiable for people to kill you if everyone acts like the old man.
    Well me and some others not caring that a guy was murdered doesn't mean the police/DA wont be doing their jobs. They're still going to look into this crime regardless of what I or some other random people think of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    Have the anti gun people not jerked each other off enough already?
    Nope get used to it because it's not going away till they get some watered down retarded laws that do next to nothing passed. Then they'll coin it as some major step forward, while leaving the underlying causes of most gun related crimes untouched.

  13. #173
    Then they'll coin it as some major step forward, while leaving the under lying causes of most gun related crimes untouched.
    Such as?

    10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Anti-racism protests are racist against whites.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    I am The Riddler. I never 'make stuff up'.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    They're saying comparing a gun to a car is asinine.
    32000 people died in US from cars alone. 600ish people died from accidental shooting in the entire US, and another 11,000 from homocides. Maybe we should ban cars as they seem to kill more people than guns
    Last edited by Uschlol; 2013-01-30 at 06:21 AM.

  15. #175
    This is how I see the country slowly coming too with increased access to guns. While I know by far there are more responsible gun owners than non responsible ones, I just see this turning into the new Romeo & Juliet movie with Leonardo DiCaprio, where things just continue to escalate because no one's smart enough to say "Oh hey...this was all a big misunderstanding!" What we have here is....failure to communicate.

  16. #176
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Such as?

    10char
    Poverty. Most of the gun crimes are happening in major urban areas that are poor.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    I have read it, actually, I just don't think that a fictional work is reality. Just because the book is popular doesn't mean it represents what would happen.

    And yeah, I'm saying you don't understand those things because you think that a candle is as dangerous as a gun. If you think the maximum amount of damage potential that something has represents how dangerous it is then you must think that everything is equally dangerous.



    Or a candle, etc.
    It's about potentials, so yes a box of matches has the same killing power as 30rnd magazine. 230 something people died in brazil recently from a nightclub fire.

    Maybe we should ban fire

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Poverty. Most of the gun crimes are happening in major urban areas that are poor.
    and what isnt caused by poverty is usually caused by stupidity. Exceptions is mass murders, which are neither caused by poverty nor stupidity (by the gun user anyways)

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Poverty. Most of the gun crimes are happening in major urban areas that are poor.
    Socio-economic issues.

    How do we 'solve poverty?' I'm just curious.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Uschlol View Post
    32000 people died in Texas from cars alone. At least half due to drunk driving. 600ish people died from accidental shooting in the entire US, and another 11,000 from homocides. Maybe we should ban cars as they seem to kill more people than guns
    How often do people use their cars? How often do people use their guns? What are cars designed to do? What are guns designed to do?

    Those are only 4 questions out of over 9000 that set them apart. If you think that comparing guns to cars is valid you aren't thinking logically.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uschlol View Post
    It's about potentials, so yes a box of matches has the same killing power as 30rnd magazine. 230 something people died in brazil recently from a nightclub fire.

    Maybe we should ban fire
    I can't tell if you're serious.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •