Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Georgia man shoots and kills guy who accidentally pulled into his driveway

http://nbclatino.com/2013/01/29/geor...ay-police-say/

Short version: Paranoia+guns= disaster. What is it with people justifying shooting others just for "being on their property" when they're not even breaking in or anything (even accidentally like in this case)? How is that "defending yourself"?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Deleted
    I guess I should shoot anybody who comes at my door and am unfamiliar with.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I guess I should shoot anybody who comes at my door and am unfamiliar with.
    even girl scouts?

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 03:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    http://nbclatino.com/2013/01/29/geor...ay-police-say/

Short version: Paranoia+guns= disaster. What is it with people justifying shooting others just for "being on their property" when they're not even breaking in or anything (even accidentally like in this case)? How is that "defending yourself"?
    obviously property > average person from the human populace

10+ Year Old Account
    In before "it was the driver of the car's fault"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    even girl scouts?

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 03:18 AM ----------

obviously property > average person from the human populace
    Yes. I don't want your cookies!

Especially girl scouts! ^.^ naw yay girl scout cookies!

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no news story about how the majority of gun owners are responsible, because it's not lurid and interesting.

These events are the exception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    even girl scouts?
    I fucking hate Thin Mints.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

*Ahem*

Let the anti/pro gun discussions commence.

Anyways, I really don't have anything to say. All my insight on gun related incidents has been posted over the numerous threads involving gun violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if he had paid attention to what driveway he was driving in, he wouldn't have paid with his life.

/end sarcasm.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2013-01-30 at 03:30 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's really unfortunate, certainly being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Hopefully justice is served and he rots in a cell until he's dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    *Ahem*

Let the anti/pro gun discussions commence.

Anyways, I really don't have anything to say. All my insight on gun related incidents has been posted over the numerous threads involving gun violence.
    At this point, I would have expected people to have copy/paste replies ready in a Word file somewhere.

According to the Castle Doctrine, that guy was invading the moat.

You don't mess with a man's moat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Just to play devils advocate here, couldn't the driver have had a seriously menacing gaze? Just imagine if he had been allowed to peel out of the mans drive-way... the property damage alone could have broken the mid to hi "hundreds of dollars". Just saying gotta protect our drive-ways people, that's something every American can get behind!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Maybe if he had paid attention to what driveway he was driving in, he wouldn't have paid with his life.
    Maybe if the property owner was not a paranoid dumbass, he would have lived too.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are good gun onwers, and then there are the paranoid. I hope he gets the book thrown at him.

Too abd the paranoid tend to be the most vocal >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    There is no news story about how the majority of gun owners are responsible, because it's not lurid and interesting.

This isn't about gun ownership. This is about a paranoid old man shooting an innocent man in the face.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here we go again with guns, the goose in my avatar is not pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post

Same old same old, yet another person is dead because guns are so prevalent in society. Would this guy be dead if the most deadly weapon the paranoid veteran had was a knife or baseball bat?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggid View Post
    Just to play devils advocate here, couldn't the driver have had a seriously menacing gaze? Just imagine if he had been allowed to peel out of the mans drive-way... the property damage alone could have broken the mid to hi "hundreds of dollars". Just saying gotta protect our drive-ways people, that's something every American can get behind!
    Build a fence or something?