Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    In that situation, the chances of the guy's purpose in rolling down his window being taking a shot at the homeowner as he drives away are more than enough to justify firing. I see no issue here. Do not go onto someone else’s property at night and do anything that might be in any way be construed as a threatening or potentially aggressive action otherwise shooting you is entirely justified.

i dont know why, but it seems you go out of your way with nearly everything you post on this forum to re-enforce negative stereotypes about americans. i mean how can you be so ignorant to even suggest this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Sailors’ lawyer says his client is a Vietnam veteran with no prior criminal history and thought he and his wife were about to be victims of a home invasion. “You have to understand this is a 69-year-old man who is a military veteran who has been honorably discharged,” Michael Puglise says. “He dedicated his life to community service, specifically the Christian Lay Ministry in Latin America.”

That's bullshit. Playing the vet card...

So now because he served in the military he is allowed kill?

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe he didnt just pull in the wrong driveway, maybe he just used this as an excuse but who knows who cares. whats funny to me is the media picking up on every gun story out there now, where were these reports before. we all know they lied about an ar-15 being used in the conn. shooting.....it was in his trunk and he really used 4 pistols to kill 27 and not the ar-15 as was reported, they knew this but lied anyway to falsely prove a point. now millions are against assault-riffles based on media lies.......gotta love those sheep who believe the crap pouring out of the media these days. another thing is the prison in cuba, it was in the media everyday when bush was in office but the day obama took office was the last day we heard anything about it. ask yourself why, its still open and we still have over 120 prisoners there but we hear nothing of them anymore....again, ask yourself why. not hard to see the love affair the media has with dems and not hard to see they try to make gop look bad at every chance. ask yourself why and stop believing the lies and bs. so what a guy shot someone who was on his property, according to law he has that right.

jail until the old man becomes a corpse, nothing else would be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by helheim View Post
    so you have a bunch of "people" in this thread calling other people idiots and paranoid and otherwise, and the one guy who tells the other guy in a less than nice way to stfu ends up banned....

why is this thread not closed yet?

oh, right. mods on mmo-c are fucking amazing /sarcasm
    saying a guy should be shot in the head is a clever way of telling them to shut up? i should tell my friends and people i meet on the street that. see how well that goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    so you have a bunch of "people" in this thread calling other people idiots and paranoid and otherwise, and the one guy who tells the other guy in a less than nice way to stfu ends up banned....

One, most of us are calling the gunman a crazy idiot. 2, the dd guy was insinuating Sema get herself killed, not merely to shut up and 3) because this thread is so far civil.

but continue on with your crusade ^_^

15+ Year Old Account
    So crazy people are dangerous I got it, but what are we supposed to discuss? I feel like I am playing a broken record over and over again to a dead horse's funeral.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by bluechiefs View Post
    Problem is, this isn't the entire story. Definitely was madness to fire again at the car, and killing the kid. But, when you see someone run back into their vehicle and then roll down their window right at you, you have no idea if this person was caught in the act and is about to shoot you either. He could, and should have gone back inside and locked his doors if anything. But the morons here raging about how some crazy southerner went out blazing his gun at some innocent kid need to take off the blinders. I suppose most of the people thinking like that, really have no idea what it's like living where people do stupid crazy things like that, and it could have easily been the old "crazy murdering gun toting bastard" who was shot. In which case it would be a thread about how crazy gun owners are and how kids are insane, and have no respect and yadda yadda yadda. If somebody shoots a gun at or near you, don't attempt to talk to them as you are leaving. I suppose they should sue the GPS system for sending them to the wrong house when looking for their girlfriends sisters friend as well... since if it weren't for those incorrect directions none of this would have happened! DAMN YOU GARMIN!

I don't support what happened, and I can't see him having a case. But stop looking at situations from purely one side because of how a story makes it sound, and get the actual information.

How many different stories developed from the recent shooting in Connecticut before the "true story" came out? First the roommate was killed, as well as the kids and his mother was a teacher in the school, and he'd bought the guns under his brothers identity earlier that week, then little by little different details emerged until more of the truth came out. People are painted a picture of some deranged old man shooting anybody who's on "his poperty." when he had his reasons to be on "high alert."

It is horrible that this all had to happen, and I truly feel sorry for the victims family and friends. Sailor was wrong to react in the manner he did, but don't think for a second that this article has the entire story.
    The kid never left his car, for one. For another point, the car was in reverse, actively trying to flee after the guy fired a warning shot.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The reality is, if guns weren't legal, a 69 year old (previously) law abiding citizen wouldn't have a gun.

Even if they were robbers/gang members or whatever, he shouldn't have confronted them and then shot at them before asking questions. Guns are definitely part of the problem but the bigger problem is that people in the US seem to think that they are the only ones that can (and should) handle the situation, instead of using the trained police force.

You have another word for someone who thinks that rolling down a window is provocation? The others have covered sufficiently why your understanding of certain comments, because you love niceties, was less than correct.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

This quote right here from his lawyer is why I hate most lawyers.

Sailors’ lawyer says his client is a Vietnam veteran with no prior criminal history and thought he and his wife were about to be victims of a home invasion. “You have to understand this is a 69-year-old man who is a military veteran who has been honorably discharged,” Michael Puglise says. “He dedicated his life to community service, specifically the Christian Lay Ministry in Latin America.”

Congrats on being a vet, Im sure it sucked and all but that doesnt give you the right to shoot someone in the fuckin head for pulling their car into your driveway.. I hope they charge this dumb old bastard to the max and since Georgia still has the death penalty, give him the chair. OF course they are going to try and say a car just like his drove up and down the street multiple times the past few days doing what seemed to be "casing" the house so he acted in defence.

Im sorry but old people piss me off, they think that just because they are old or have had shit things happen to them it gives them the right to do and say whatever whenever.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Times like this make me glad I live in MA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Times like this make me glad I live in MA.
    Because living in MA makes you immune to bullets?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    This quote right here from his lawyer is why I hate most lawyers.

Congrats on being a vet, Im sure it sucked and all but that doesnt give you the right to shoot someone in the fuckin head for pulling their car into your driveway.. I hope they charge this dumb old bastard to the max and since Georgia still has the death penalty, give him the chair. OF course they are going to try and say a car just like his drove up and down the street multiple times the past few days doing what seemed to be "casing" the house so he acted in defence.

Im sorry but old people piss me off, they think that just because they are old or have had shit things happen to them it gives them the right to do and say whatever whenever.
    What kind of Christian person shoots someone? Especially without asking any questions or without hesitation? That is the exact opposite of what the bible tells you to do. Ontop of that, He thought his house was going to get robbed. I understand that would be a scary situation if that was what really happening but come on. Your stuff isn't worth killing someone over. I mean if the driver really was an armed robber he would have probably shot back and killed or seriously hurt him aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Maybe if the property owner was not a paranoid dumbass, he would have lived too.
    didn't you notice the /sarcasm

I think there is just one solution, throw more guns at the problems !

on a more serious note, things like this shouldn't happen, at least they should have more regular controls when people get older, just like we do here for older people driving, just to see if their still fit.

It's sad such a young men gotta lose his life for such a dumb reason, poor gf of him she must be going trough hell right now :S

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Because living in MA makes you immune to bullets?
    Makes me immune to less bullets hehe. We have some pretty tough gun laws here so yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    maybe he didnt just pull in the wrong driveway, maybe he just used this as an excuse but who knows who cares. whats funny to me is the media picking up on every gun story out there now, where were these reports before. we all know they lied about an ar-15 being used in the conn. shooting.....it was in his trunk and he really used 4 pistols to kill 27 and not the ar-15 as was reported, they knew this but lied anyway to falsely prove a point. now millions are against assault-riffles based on media lies.......gotta love those sheep who believe the crap pouring out of the media these days. another thing is the prison in cuba, it was in the media everyday when bush was in office but the day obama took office was the last day we heard anything about it. ask yourself why, its still open and we still have over 120 prisoners there but we hear nothing of them anymore....again, ask yourself why. not hard to see the love affair the media has with dems and not hard to see they try to make gop look bad at every chance. ask yourself why and stop believing the lies and bs. so what a guy shot someone who was on his property, according to law he has that right.
    Trying to read that nearly incoherent rant made me make the same expression your avi is making. If you dont care, why even bother responding instead of ranting off topic?

In that situation, the chances of the guy's purpose in rolling down his window being taking a shot at the homeowner as he drives away are more than enough to justify firing. I see no issue here. Do not go onto someone else’s property at night and do anything that might be in any way be construed as a threatening or potentially aggressive action otherwise shooting you is entirely justified.
    That kind of thinking is exactly why the US has so much gun killing for silly reasons, you perceive everyone as a threat, and with the amounts of gun out there, it's understandable.

And that's exactly the problem, people thinking, yeah we can all have guns, now we are safe, while actually what happens is that everyone is on edge and feels threatened all the time.

In my entire life, I haven't even seen or heard a gun, except a couple of times where I just saw cops with their guns on their belt, I don't feel threatened because I know I don't risk my life on the street because some guy with a gun could go crazy. Worst case scenario some crazy comes at me with a knife and since I am a sprinter he'll have a hard time catching up with me

Guns aren't the problem.......what if he used a crossbow....the problem is people. Moral of the story, if a homeowner fires a warning shot and is yelling get off my property, don't roll down your window to apologize, just gtfoutta there.

Do not make an honest mistake ever in your life because if you do, you deserve to die just as much as the guy in this car.

Seriously, if you think rolling down a window is justification for self-defense then you should never leave your house because you're liable to shoot people anywhere you go.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2013-01-30 at 05:27 AM.