Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
LastLast
  1. #321
    Titan Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    11,023
    Gun laws should be loosened. If everyone has a gun, no need to worry about being shot right? In fact...give guns to children it will stop bullying <3

  2. #322
    The Insane Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Gun laws should be loosened. If everyone has a gun, no need to worry about being shot right? In fact...give guns to children it will stop bullying <3
    Stop the bullying, start the bulleting?

  3. #323
    Legendary! Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    6,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Gun laws should be loosened. If everyone has a gun, no need to worry about being shot right? In fact...give guns to children it will stop bullying <3
    Agreed, what should have happened is that the guy in the car should have just shot first, wait no, that'd make him a criminal!
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Gun laws should be loosened. If everyone has a gun, no need to worry about being shot right? In fact...give guns to children it will stop bullying <3
    Agreed. with looser gun laws the guy in the car could of defended his own freedoms.

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    There is no news story about how the majority of gun owners are responsible, because it's not lurid and interesting.

    These events are the exception.
    Take your logical thinking elsewhere kind sir.
    These people are trying to say all gun owners are nuts, not some people are nuts AND own guns.
    http://i5.minus.com/iT9gBOC94PbmU.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Why do I want some ugly ass fence or brick wall around my yard?
    For a whole lot of reasons:

    1. Mark your property outer limits. Need to comply with the one in the paper, topography.

    2. First line of defence, it's your property, apply the same logic as you do to your house, for who I am sure you got a fancy door lock and security system.

    3. So people don't walk or use it either by accident or willing. Hence no trespassers.

    And the list can go on and on...Basically it's common sense to do it, if you don't things like the ones in this news can and will happen.

  7. #327
    Titan Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    11,023
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Take your logical thinking elsewhere kind sir.
    These people are trying to say all gun owners are nuts, not some people are nuts AND own guns.
    That is bullcrud. No one is saying all gun owners are not responsible, they are saying not everyone should own one unless they are deemed safe enough to do so. Just like you must pass a theory and a practical driving test and pay a very large amount in insurance to drive a car.

  8. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Unless there are specific signs that it is otherwise, it is legal to use another person's driveway to turn around. Lingering is another matter, but simply turning around falls under implied consent.
    I like to just sit on my front porch and wait for people to accidentally pull into my driveway so I can shoot them in the face. Its pretty cool that the law says I am in the right on this one. On New Years Eve alone I must get to shoot like 20 people in the face this way.

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Take your logical thinking elsewhere kind sir.
    These people are trying to say all gun owners are nuts, not some people are nuts AND own guns.
    I am a responsible and law abiding citizen. I think it's time for me to own tanks, fighter jets, hire mercenaries and build homemade bombs and have a small country sized arsenal. I should be free to spend money however I wish and so should anyone with money.

    Why aren't we selling nuclear warheads? That thing will ensure world peace. Not to mention it'll bring us out of debt very fast.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

  10. #330
    So wait. If you serve in the army and become a veteran...you get a free kill!? Hot daymn!
    I play WoW too much :Y
    Pet collection: Including my cutie Steve (Haunted Momento) and my Ethereal Plunderer!
    http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/...?user=hean#col
    Mount collection:
    http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collection.php?id=39165

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    Jelly that the amendment allows me to defend my land with very effective killing devices?
    I used to envy it, now I pity it because it's self-perpetuating retardation.

    If you are actually scared that the government is going to overthrow and control you, you need your head checked.

  12. #332
    The Lightbringer bergmann620's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Stow, Ohio
    Posts
    3,744
    Considering that the information is partial at best, all I'll say is:

    I guess we should be shocked that a Vietnam vet killed somebody.
    Life: bergmannity.com/ | Gaming: indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    Agreed. with looser gun laws the guy in the car could of defended his own freedoms.
    By pulling into the wrong driveway, realizing his mistake and thinking " Better get my gun out and shoot the first thing that moves to ensure I don't get shot myself! ".

    You really aren't helping the pro-gun position.

  14. #334
    Do you think we need a separate forum section for gun crimes in the US yet? Every day a new one pops up.

  15. #335
    Saying that, looser gun control would actually be good.

    When everyone has guns and people are killing each other all the time, maybe then they're realize that the Second Amendment is way past out of date.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 08:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Do you think we need a separate forum section for gun crimes in the US yet? Every day a new one pops up.
    Shooting or thread? Either way, I agree on both counts.

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by raszh View Post

    UK, France, United States, Russia & China have nuclear bombs & you still feel safe because you know they will not nuke randomly like crazy. Some wacko states like Pakistan & North Korea have nuclear weapons, too! But they are just threatening to not get overthrown. So there is a nuclear weapon regulation, you cannot get a nuclear weapon so easily, that is why only a few countries have them. Iran insists on the right to have nuclear technology (to achieve a good power infrastructure, but one or two bombs to threat a little bit would not be so bad). So why not spread the nuclear technology all over the world and maybe sell nuclear bombs, too? I mean, who can deny you the right to have nuclear bombs? A bomb is not killing people, in the end people are the killers, so there is nothing wrong with the bombs! Most countries still would not be a threat but you just have to wait for some wacko to actually use them which is much more possible if everyone has those bombs.

    So, nuclear bomb regulation is totally fine ("LOL, DON'T LET WACKO STATES GET THE DREADFUL BOMB") but gun regulation is libertarian bullshit ("LOL, EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO HAVE A WEAPON").
    An interesting argument, unfortunately I believe it demonstrates the opposite of the point you are trying to get across. Notice how countries that do not have nuclear capabilities are able to be bullied around by those that do. Now imagine if only 1 country in the world had nuclear power, what do you think would happen if this country was not so benevolent? Nobody would have power to stand against them. This is why I think think gun argument is retarded, if we want to abolish guns, we should abolish ALL guns, including those used by police, governments etc (Obviously this is an impossibility) which is why I think in the end to gain overall safety against a potentially evil force we sacrifice a little personal safety, if you do not fear your government, you are a fool. Where power exists corruption exists. The more power the more corruption.

    The true problem exists in the mentality that human life is so worthless (other than your own) and the paranoia that everyone is out to get you. Responsible gun ownership needs to be taught, responsible humanity needs to be taught (unfortunately it has slipped through the cracks lately, with selfishness, apathy, and paranoia ruling the day). Sadly the media fuels this paranoia, apathy, and selfishness by promoting and flaunting every possible error a human can commit. So while something that you should not be scared of (because it almost never happens) suddenly seems the norm and an irrational fear is born, when enough people have this irrational fear it starts to become a realistic fear, and slowly society shifts downward into a cesspool of shit, where indeed people are not capable of being responsible enough to own a weapon (of any type).

  17. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    Jelly that the amendment allows me to defend my land with very effective killing devices?
    The amendment doesn't allow you to do that

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Take your logical thinking elsewhere kind sir.
    These people are trying to say all gun owners are nuts, not some people are nuts AND own guns.
    If you read anything I (the OP) have said, you'd realize your statement is completely false. I've clearly stated I have no issue with gun ownership, but a HUGE issue with the mentality that a lot of people seem to have that it's perfectly fine to shoot people under the most ridiculous circumstances.

    Also, this part isn't a reply to you, but about stuff I saw in earlier posts: the headline mentions race, but the race isn't important in the article. It's only brought up, because, well, it's NBClatino, so it's news mostly about/for *gasp* Latinos. I'm Latino, and I didn't think his race was even RELEVANT, which is why I left it out of the title in the thread. The only reason race could have even been an issue is that it probably made the guy more likely to think he was part of one of the gangs, which I think is PERFECTLY REASONABLE (assuming the gangs were, in fact, primarily composed of Latinos), but doesn't even begin to excuse his reaction.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  19. #339
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    14,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    That is bullcrud. No one is saying all gun owners are not responsible, they are saying not everyone should own one unless they are deemed safe enough to do so. Just like you must pass a theory and a practical driving test and pay a very large amount in insurance to drive a car.
    Indeed. I don't get why this is so hard for conservatives to understand. We don't want to fucking ban all guns, we want to make sure the psychopaths can't get their hands on them.

    Not every liberal agrees with Fienstein's gun ban proposal ffs.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  20. #340
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    There is no news story about how the majority of gun owners are responsible, because it's not lurid and interesting.

    These events are the exception.
    How many more exceptions will it take ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •