Thread: Relic of Xuen

10+ Year Old Account

Relic of Xuen

I had heard that this trinket is basically the equivalent to Darkmoon Card: Greatness back in Wrath, in the fact that it's really good for it's iLvl. Do you guys think that it's worth dropping the 13k for the deck going into 5.2 and upgrading it before patch hits, or would I be better off waiting to see what trinkets will drop from Throne of Thunder? I want to make sure that the gold I drop on it will be well spent at least going into Throne of Thunder. Thanks!

Deleted
    I'd get it. It probably won't be that strong compared to the 522 normal mode 5.2 trinkets but it will be a very nice boost until you can get 2 of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    yah 13k isnt a bad price. and id also work on valor upgrading it also. it will definitely be worth having while you progress in 5.2
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

The relic is arguably as good if not better than the heroic Lei Shi trinket, so I would say it's worth it to grab it. Also, 5.2 is at least 6-8 weeks away.

Deleted
    Looking at your progression I would do it if you have enough money. Including the double VP upgrade.

Maybe there's a godly TotTK trinket and the LFR version could get very close. But 5.2 is at least a month away and nothing says it'll drop quickly for you in LFR.
    I think they were making a faction with raid reputation that sell VP rewards in 5.2. 99% sure that faction will sell a 522 trinket at revered or exalted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StijnDP View Post
    Looking at your progression I would do it if you have enough money. Including the double VP upgrade.

Maybe there's a godly TotTK trinket and the LFR version could get very close. But 5.2 is at least a month away and nothing says it'll drop quickly for you in LFR.
    I think they were making a faction with raid reputation that sell VP rewards in 5.2. 99% sure that faction will sell a 522 trinket at revered or exalted.
    That's true. 11 weeks into LFR and Taoren has yet to drop for me. Might as well take my chances with the relic trinket.

I don't know that I would buy it at this point. Most likely there will be valor trinkets, and it'll be challenging for a 484 Darkmoon card to beat out a 522 item.

Use femaledwarf.com to calculate the potential DPS differences between our current available trinkets. As of right now, an upgraded Xuen is pretty much best in slot when compared to normal mode trinkets. The ICD makes it really nice. And for 13k, that's a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    It's no where near Greatness, that was BiS for a phenomenally long time. Can't remember what trinket in ICC was it's replacement but up till Death's Choice/DBW/Halion trinket it was the best by a ton. Relic meanwhile is being replaced this tier. It's a good purchase at 12k and if you won't be seeing HM ToES any time soon it's unlikely you'll replace it. But it's no greatness card, don't think Blizzard will fuck up like that again.
    Greatness was the trinket of choice until TOC/TOGC when Death's Choice and Heroic Death's choice were out: Then ICC came out and brought Whispering Fanged Skull and Deathbringer's Will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezasu View Post
    Use femaledwarf.com to calculate the potential DPS differences between our current available trinkets. As of right now, an upgraded Xuen is pretty much best in slot when compared to normal mode trinkets. The ICD makes it really nice. And for 13k, that's a good price.
    Oh hey! Are you the same Mezasu on the Hunter forums? It's me, Castellan. (Vacation, long story)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demichelis View Post
    Oh hey! Are you the same Mezasu on the Hunter forums? It's me, Castellan. (Vacation, long story)
    And thats the reason why we can send private message

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurgan View Post
    And thats the reason why we can send private message
    My bad. Keep forgetting about PMs.

Anyway though, in relation to the topic, bit the bullet and went ahead and bought a Tigers Deck since DMF is this weekend anyway. Got it for 11.8k so hoping it's worth it for some time.