Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    I am Murloc! Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    5,197
    as far as i know they don't hate them they are just pissed at the way they do things. of course any bad thing they do like poisoning the water in Durotar and Org doesn't matter to Garrosh if it helps his war machine in anyway.

    Other than honouring their debt to Thrall, Tauren really have nothing in common with Orcs and are a far better fit in the Alliance.
    laughable, if the alliance wanted to help the Tauren they would have done so when they first came to Kalimdor. in WCIII the alliance did dick to help the Tauren while the orcs went out of their way to save them and give them a land to call their won. in return the Tauren greeted and treated the orcs with hospitality of which is the most gracious thing you can do for an orc. the Tauren and orcs see the good in each other not just what the ass hat Garrosh does. and that's why Baine is in the same boat as Vol'jin and Lortheron.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 09:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    If wow lore didn't have to connect with in game mechanics I'm sure the Tuaren would of left the horde long ago.
    yea. not forgetting the alliance ransacked the barrens and the Dwarves where meddling in ancient Tauren burial grounds before that. there is a reason they are still with the horde from both forces outside, and inside.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2013-01-30 at 05:16 AM.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Did I say they were? I've never said that the Horde is peaceful but to assume that the Alliance is any better than them is turning a blind eye to any of the events post WC2. And at what point does the Horde use children as hostages?
    You're right I'm sure the Tauren would get behind the Alliance and it choosing to use children as slaves in order get a foothold on an uncharted land.
    okay so your reasoning here is that the tauren wont get behind the alliance because they used Pandaren children as "slaves" but at the same time the horde does much worse things to the Pandaren children

    so yeah your argument is flawed and you're wrong

  3. #23
    I am Murloc! Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    5,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    okay so your reasoning here is that the tauren wont get behind the alliance because they used Pandaren children as "slaves" but at the same time the horde does much worse things to the Pandaren children

    so yeah your argument is flawed and you're wrong
    what one crazy commander under the influence of the sha did doesn't mean the horde feels that way. hell if Garrosh would have known this he would or preformed a Stone Talon part deux. and even on my alliance toon i saw they were just having them chased around with eyeballs.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    what one crazy commander under the influence of the sha doesn't mean the horde feels that way. hell if Garrosh would have known this he would or preformed a Stone Talon part deux.
    no he wouldn't have he would've given him a medal

    we're a long way from cataclysm garrosh at this point

  5. #25
    I am Murloc! Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    5,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    no he wouldn't have he would've given him a medal

    we're a long way from cataclysm garrosh at this point
    that's just your opinion. stop parading them around like they are any different.

  6. #26
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You're right I'm sure the Tauren would get behind the Alliance and it choosing to use children as slaves in order get a foothold on an uncharted land. Stop pretending that your faction is so squeaky clean. Granted the Horde isn't any better but to assume that the Alliance is peaceful is just being ignorant of any lore.
    My faction is the Horde... and the Alliance people that did that were kind of sha-crazed so I'm not sure it counts.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    that's just your opinion. stop parading them around like they are any different.
    yeah garrosh totally gives a shit about kids

    Garrosh Hellscream says: But surely you cannot think that those children were born into innocence? They would have grown up and taken arms against us!

  8. #28
    I am Murloc! Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    5,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    My faction is the Horde... and the Alliance people that did that were kind of sha-crazed so I'm not sure it counts.
    both where so their actions should not and don't reflect on the respective sides. but trying to tell people that.....

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    that's just your opinion. stop parading them around like they are any different.
    Garrosh's issue is with the dishonor of killing the kids, if they're just being used as hostages I doubt he would've given a damn, he did the same thing to the Magnataur in Wolfheart.

    And I -like- Garrosh :\

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 11:28 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    both where so their actions should not and don't reflect on the respective sides. but trying to tell people that.....
    Not -really- The horde guy started feeling sha effects way faster judging by their journal entries and was already a major ass given by how readily he employed the warlocks and such.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You know except for the fact that the Alliance is near identical to the Horde.
    The horde is just a community of convenience. The alliance stands for justice and what's right. I think the tauren would make a great addition to the alliance. They would rather be at peace than at war and they care for the natural world around them instead of just chopping and burning it down... (cough cough orcs/goblins).

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    The -reasons- behind those actions aren't the same, which is the important part.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 10:45 PM ----------



    1. Basically they don't like it but they put up with it because the goblins have other benefits, recall that Gazlowe gave Baine a HUGE loan to help him retake Thunderbluff from Magatha.

    2. Tauren are passive in General? Did you read Baine's short story? It's terrible, he gives water to quillboar actively murdering his people.
    What's with you adding dashes before and after certain words? Is it your attempt to emphasize your message because that's not really necessary..

    On topic, to be honest I never thought the Tauren or Goblins care for each other at all whatsoever from the beginning.. I actually see no relations between the races, thought both fight under the banner of the Horde.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

  12. #32
    I am Murloc! Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    5,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    yeah garrosh totally gives a shit about kids
    wooo which is why i can't wait to kill him<<<<<<<<<<hordie

  13. #33
    Stood in the Fire Hattai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    372
    Don't think we'll ever see the Tauren Alliance-side, the majority of Humans don't consider the Tauren to be people, more of a half step between animals and people.

  14. #34
    Brewmaster Skayth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Backwards Country
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    that was back when the forsaken could be pitied

    now they are monsters and basically just the scourge..... BURN THEM ALL
    How are they the scourge? They either A. Plague you with just kills you, or B. Kill you and rez you, and give you the option to serve the banshee queen, our soon to be queen of the horde, married to basic campfire the warchief, or go about and do your own thing and feel there pain if you waltz into stormwind.

  15. #35
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,602
    This is why the Horde should have Yaungol.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 11:40 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    What's with you adding dashes before and after certain words? Is it your attempt to emphasize your message because that's not really necessary..

    On topic, to be honest I never thought the Tauren or Goblins care for each other at all whatsoever from the beginning.. I actually see no relations between the races, thought both fight under the banner of the Horde.
    1. Kind of a typing quirk yeah.

    2. Thing is, the issues between them aren't severe enough to warrant combat or one trying to push the other out of the Horde, so long as the goblins aren't screwingup TAUREN lands. I do agree that it should still be addressed ingame though, since there are goblins that don't do as much damage to the land, or that just do so unintentionally.

    Like the goblin shaman in Vasjh'ir that's in the earthen ring and doesn't want other goblins to know he's an 'environmentalist' (i see this as kind of like being a communist in cold war USA among the gobbo's haha.)

    Or the goblin shaman in Org who uses her earth elementals to gather spilled oil, good for the environment... AND she's turning a profit!

    and then there's the goblin that introduced azshara snakehead fish to Mulgore wanting to do something nice... but accidentally damaging the environment, which is why the tauren aren't too broken up about it.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  16. #36
    Some peoples here have a manichean opinion about the horde and alliance ...
    So, the main races of thoses factions are Humans (A) and Orcs (O), everything started with them, and they are the one motivating the other races from joining their faction.

    The humans are native of Azeroth, when the orcs came to Azeroth, they ruined the human civilisation and destroyed almost every of their cities : the Human alliance just born in order to face the orcs. All the different human nations united and became the Alliance, the other major races native from Azeroth (Dwarves, High elves, Night elves, gnomes) joined them for the same purpose. Even if the orcs dominated their evil side, and regreet what happened cause of them, the Alliance still fights the Horde and rejects peoples who hasn't the same opinion as human.

    The horde now exist for necessity, it's a group of rejected races fighting in order to live freely and peacefully on Azeroth.

    Some are douchebags camping on their positions, nevermind the circumstances, the others, are brave warriors fighting for the liberty of every race on Azeroth.

  17. #37
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,602
    Orcs don't give a shit about peace culturally, Thrall failed to convey that value, the "Glory" short story shows that the average orc doesn't think peaceful pre-demon corruption orcs, or humans for that matter 'deserved' nice things because they hadn't fought for them.

    http://www.wowpedia.org/Glory_(story)

    The elders say we were a peaceful race before we came to Azeroth. Our clans kept mostly to themselves. They hunted game, planted crops, raised families, and lived in harmony with the elements.

    When I was a child, I wondered what Draenor must have been like. I tried to imagine these strange orcs who had a world of their own, a freedom I've never known. The few times I managed to picture such creatures, I despised them. They hadn't deserved their world, just as humans did not deserve Azeroth.
    Thrall's never been able to reconcile human and orc values with his people and that's why it was so easy for Garrosh to whip them into a frenzy :\

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 12:04 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    are brave warriors fighting for the liberty of every race on Azeroth.
    Thing is, the Alliance races haven't done anything to encroach on the Horde's liberty in years, literally since Vanilla it hasn't gotten to play 'unprovoked' aggressor.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Orcs don't give a shit about peace culturally, Thrall failed to convey that value, the "Glory" short story shows that the average orc doesn't think peaceful pre-demon corruption orcs, or humans for that matter 'deserved' nice things because they hadn't fought for them.

    http://www.wowpedia.org/Glory_(story)



    Thrall's never been able to reconcile human and orc values with his people and that's why it was so easy for Garrosh to whip them into a frenzy :\

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 12:04 AM ----------



    Thing is, the Alliance races haven't done anything to encroach on the Horde's liberty in years, literally since Vanilla it hasn't gotten to play 'unprovoked' aggressor.
    They immediatly rejected the blood elves, they consider the forsakens as a scourge, and the trolls as bloodthirsty primates.
    Plus Alliance only cares about their own ass.
    Last edited by Kuragalolz; 2013-01-30 at 06:13 AM.

  19. #39
    Stood in the Fire Hattai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    They immediatly rejected the blood elves
    Varian himself said he was trying to bring the blood elves back into the fold before Jaina went berserk.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    they consider the forsakens as a scourge
    Which is more and more becomming the case as their story unfolds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    and the trolls as bloodthirsty primates.
    War with the Trolls in the earliest time of Human history is what gave rise to Strom and the subsequent founding of the seven kingdoms. There's bad blood there and has been for a LONG time, but that didn't stop them sending representatives to meet with Bwemba and Vol'jin to help with the Zandalari uprising in Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub.

  20. #40
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    They immediatly rejected the blood elves,

    they consider the forsakens as a scourge,

    and the trolls as bloodthirsty primates.


    Plus Alliance only cares about their own ass.
    1. Haha what? No they had a dwarf ambassador with the blood elves before the belfs threw him out when they learned some nelfs were in the ghostlands spying.

    2. Source? Because the only things the Alliance is upset with the forsaken about is -murdering their people- particularly the ones in hillsbrad.

    3. Well yeah, the trolls are one of the few races with a legit beef with the Alliance in its modern incarnation. Even then you don't get alliance quests that read 'go kill these trolls because they smell' you get quests to kill trolls because the trolls want to kill the Alliance because years ago some guys that would later become the Alliance beat up on the Troll empires with the High Elves.

    EDIT: Except for the Darkspear who got their islands attacked by Alliance. Twice.

    yet Vol'jin is all about peace? jesus christ what's wrong with him.

    4. Bunk? The entire basis of the Alliance is that it's an alliance of races that wanted protection from the Horde. If the Alliance only cared about itself why would it be in Pandaria primarily to protect it from the Horde?
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •