Imperial Vizier Zor'lok...how about another attenuation rawr!!!

We've been experiencing a problem going into the last transition on this fight almost time...according to almost every video ive seen(seen a lot), vizier is able to be kited away from the echo with no difficulty and continue as normal(with exception of rotating between corners with boss and having echo at entrance) dodging attenuation and healing force/verve blah blah blah....but. In our raids, we seem to be doing fine, transition to final stage...he flys down to middle, attentuates, spawns his echo. when he starts to verve, our tank bolts to corner to have the boss follow him there...but almost every time, he decides to take 2-3 steps annnndd...hows about an attenuation on ur FACE!!!...every time.

Are we missing something? possibly with stacks of inhale? not dpsing him down fast enough or too fast? i understand that with out logs you cant answer some of the questions, ill post some soon once we get back in there.

Any one else experiencing this??

Deleted
    I would suggest to your tank to move to one of the corners towards the end of the attenuation. The baby steps he makes between attenuation, going for your tank, spawning the bubbles and actually doing Force and Verve were enough to have the Echo spawn close to the edge of the room. At that point the other tank needs to taunt the boss to the other corner. But that taunt needs to be made from max distance if u want the boss to be on the opposite corner from the Echo when he starts doing Force and Verve.

Your issue is that the boss is not doing Mind control when he's supposed to, but rather, Attenuation. This is most likely caused from Mind Control being on CD when he tries to use it, and thus going to his second choise, attenuation (as he just did FnV). Try to push him without getting MC's right before he flies off.

Deleted
    This is what you wrote.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparxz View Post
    transition to final stage...he flys down to middle, attentuates, spawns his echo. when he starts to verve, our tank bolts to corner to have the boss follow him there...but almost every time, he decides to take 2-3 steps annnndd...hows about an attenuation on ur FACE!!!...every time.
    This is how it should be done:
    transition to final stage...he flys down to middle, 24 ppl dance in the attentuate while tank bolts to the corner, boss runs to corner after attentuate while raid chills in FnV shields, spawns his echo, tank bring him back out in the room while raid deals with MC, after 2nd attentuate and MC move boss to the other side of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Krebosh View Post
    This is what you wrote.

This is how it should be done:
    transition to final stage...he flys down to middle, 24 ppl dance in the attentuate while tank bolts to the corner, boss runs to corner after attentuate while raid chills in FnV shields, spawns his echo, tank bring him back out in the room while raid deals with MC, after 2nd attentuate and MC move boss to the other side of the room.
    Depends if they're 10 or 25. Many 10 man guilds choose to just lust and burn the echo to make the phase that much simpler (free up a healer for FnV that doesn't have to babysit the other tank, no BoP's aviable, tank-skill level sucks, etc - there's alot of reasons, really). If they want to burn the echo, they want to spawn the ECHO in the open, then drag the boss to the corner so they can kill off the echo in peace.

I have recently killed it so maybe I can strongly relate to you.

I hear your problem if I skimmed the read correctly that the Attenuation is going off before the boss has a proper position. So I recommend you watch the kill video below for a tanking POV on how we managed the fight without killing the echo.

Both strategies are viable killing & not killing, we tried both but after pushing with this strat we started getting low% wipes and got our kill.

What you want to do is have your offtank pick up the Echo after it is placed behind the pillar, move the boss to the parallel pillar so that both attenuations are coming from the same end of the room (allowing everybody to dodge by standing near the entrance).

Before the second attenuation (parallel position) goes, mc's go out, get those out asap and then just stop DPS and focus on surviving (save bops if you have any).

I as a tank move out as well, avoid double attenuation and get to the opposite end as the boss has a few seconds downtime allowing me to place him smartly. The other tank stays with with the echo and a healer.

At that point just handle force's, we keep 2 people out every time (tank+sp/mage/rogue/paladin healer etc). From there:

Burn boss
    F&V
    Double attenuation (Hop Healers here)
    F&V
    Dead

HQ @ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/counterfire/c/1876471

MQ @ YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_yxIByXoUY