Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Heroic modes are there for those who want to accomplish and overcome the hardest challenges in the game.
    Yes, they are the most idiotic idea ever. "Hey guys, would you like to wipe endlessly and put in 10x more effort to kill the same bosses! We'll give you a few more ilvl on your gear (which you'll replace when the gear resets again next patch) and some vanity crap!" Sorry, but I'm not interested in that kind of boring, mindless grind. I have no problem with the difficulty of hardmodes, they're tuned just fine for the most part, but it's simply boring and dull when you've seen the boss die before and you've been through the entire instance multiple times already.

The biggest reward in WoW raiding (for me) was always the feeling you got when a new boss went down and you moved forward into something you'd never seen or experienced before. Gear and ilvls and titles and mounts are meaningless in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    agreed on what hes written.
    But for me wow went to the shitter when they merged with activision.
    The game became about satisfying stockholders, rather then customers...
    Some may say thats the same thing as satisfying customers, but no not rly.
    Skillcap of this game has dropped, now its just button bash race, rather then using abilities smart and with timing...
    And no throwing insta cc on a target whilst popping all cd's on one, is not smart timing. Thats just CD usage.
    WORLD OF CDCRAFT yo.
    I think you confused 'customers' with 'myself'. What you have there is an opinion that they are not satisfying you, you don't speak for everyone and not everyone shares your view point. You don't speak for everyone and certainly not for me. I think they are serving me just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Martoshi View Post
    Yes, they are the most idiotic idea ever. "Hey guys, would you like to wipe endlessly and put in 10x more effort to kill the same bosses! We'll give you a few more ilvl on your gear (which you'll replace when the gear resets again next patch) and some vanity crap!" Sorry, but I'm not interested in that kind of boring, mindless grind. I have no problem with the difficulty of hardmodes, they're tuned just fine for the most part, but it's simply boring and dull when you've seen the boss die before and you've been through the entire instance multiple times already.

The biggest reward in WoW raiding (for me) was always the feeling you got when a new boss went down and you moved forward into something you'd never seen or experienced before. Gear and ilvls and titles and mounts are meaningless in comparison.
    They're meant for a challenge for those who want it and the best possible gear.

It's like 25 mans back in Wrath.

And you should still feel that. Normal modes in Mists are actually difficult, like Cata's were.

If you think with that mentality you're just putting yourself down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    They're meant for a challenge for those who want it and the best possible gear.
    Challenge alone is not meaningful. Otherwise they could just put in one boss per expansion with 100 difficulty modes. When you combine challenge with worthy rewards, that's when you get something meaningful. Gear or titles are not meaningful rewards, true feeling of progress was, getting to see brand new things due to over coming a challenge was too.

If you think with that mentality you're just putting yourself down.
    Either way that is my mentality. I want a challenge and worthy rewards for it. WoW no longer provides that, so I've quit.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This whole thread would be better served if the title was:

Where I believe WoW went wrong

Because that at least, from the start, qualifies everything as your personal opinion and all of the reasons you list are merely to explain why you have that opinion.

Chief amongst it all is the opinion that WoW went wrong in the first place.

But since this is just a glorified "WoW was better in Vanilla" thread, to which I disagree (New to everyone? Sure. Constant sense of discovery? Sure. Better? Fuck no) the whole thing is just a laundry list of opinions being passed off as undisputable facts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Because that at least, from the start, qualifies everything as your personal opinion and all of the reasons you list are merely to explain why you have that opinion.
    Thanks Captain Obvious. Yes, posts on discussion forums are personal opinions. Perhaps they should put that in the forum FAQ or something so that you don't get confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Martoshi View Post
    Challenge alone is not meaningful. Otherwise they could just put in one boss per expansion with 100 difficulty modes. When you combine challenge with worthy rewards, that's when you get something meaningful. Gear or titles are not meaningful rewards, true feeling of progress was, getting to see brand new things due to over coming a challenge was too.

Either way that is my mentality. I want a challenge and worthy rewards for it. WoW no longer provides that, so I've quit.
    I obviously can't change your opinion, and that's your mentality, but thank you for at least being logical about this and debating this with me civilly.

I really mean that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the number of reported posts, the fact that the topic has been discussed hundreds of times and that the last few pages are little more than people arguing over the same talking points, I think this has gone as far as it can without further problems.

So closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."