Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    why are so many threads like this popping up consistently then over the last year or so if WoW is still as good as it used to be????
    you cant please everyone all of the time BUT as we all can see theres a lot of disgruntled WoW players about, me included so why shouldnt we voice opinions? noone care who agrees or disagrees with you, its nice to have a rant sometimes .
    guilds Vs guilds and people mouthing off where kinda fun imo, it brings an edge of competitiveness and lols to the precedings.

the best way i can think of to sort WoW out is REMOVE LFR (keep LFG for dungeons tho, thats ok i spose) BRING BACK seperate raid locks, REMOVE CRZ..... AND
    merge lots of shitty low pop realms together making bigger communities. i mean how many realms are now that are fekkin DEAD?????
    it aint gonna appen tho, but no harm in avin a rant eh?

also everyone should read this (cheers toxigen ) http://flavortextlore.wordpress.com/...ecline-of-wow/ and then say there isnt a problem with WoW. Blizzard should also read this !!!!!!!! fekkin good read. sums things up perfikkkkkkkk
    Last edited by mmocfce0b4833c; 2013-01-30 at 01:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nostalgia really makes people delusional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    Nostalgia really makes people delusional.
    rly rly????? READ http://flavortextlore.wordpress.com/...ecline-of-wow/

Just play on a private classic server. The community on the one I play on is exactly like it was back in the day. People talk in /1, /2, World chat, when in groups etc

And I've met some people I just chat to when they're on...almost as if they're....gasp....friends!

In contrast, all through WotLK up to Cata release I dont think anyone ever said anything in an LFG run apart from "Ohggogogog!"

Edit: So this is me totally disagreeing with anyone who says "the community is the same". Its not, or at least it wasn't when I left.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quick summary:

Community destroyed with cross server PvE.

Everything but bleeding edge HC raiding progression is mind-numbingly easy...with waves of nerfs making it even easier so the average mouthbreather breezes through it.

Result? Zero sense of accomplishment coupled with complete anonymity has bred a dumbed down, rude, and completely trash environment.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    ive played since vanilla & have never liked LFG. you join, you leave. more often than not all you`ll get at the start is a hi & at the end everyone leaves without saying a word.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Quick summary:

Everything but bleeding edge HC raiding progression is mind-numbingly easy...with waves of nerfs making it even easier so the average mouthbreather breezes through it.

Result? Zero sense of accomplishment coupled with complete anonymity has bred a dumbed down, rude, and completely trash environment.
    amen to that
    people seem scared to admit to themselves what is truly happening...

I agree to what your saying!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a wrath baby, so my opinion may not count however I feel the community is only as good as you make it. Before LFD/LFR came along you had to look for a group, however just because those tools exist doesn't mean that you still can't look for a group or run with your guild.

Prime example is when 5.0 went live and the theramore scenario first hit. I ran it a couple times by myself and decided I would find a group in trade chat to make the queue faster. Well I found a group in less than 5mins and even though it was maybe my worst group performance wise, it was also the most fun I had running that scenario.

My wife is far better at this community stuff than I am, she's always making gems for people or grouping up for a rare, were I tend to do my own thing and often times forget to even look at my chat window for LONG periods of time.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2013-01-30 at 01:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emoelitistthreadderailer View Post
    why are so many threads like this popping up consistently then over the last year or so if WoW is still as good as it used to be????
    Because people don't look back with the same clarity that they experience things currently.

Pretty much all the 'things were better when' threads gloss over all the bad things that came with them.

For every person claiming a problem with the 'community' aspect of things I see very few doing anything about it, and all it would take is the spamming of trade with LFG or being a bit more social in the groups you get, and yet...

People want lots of things, however they aren't prepared to do anything about it, so they get nothing and then moan like it's someone elses fault.

Everytime I read someone complaining about how LFD / LFR killed the community this is what it really says:

'I have trouble making friends in WOW and that's Blizzards fault'

@OP: If you think LFD/LFR is "where WoW went wrong", you must only run 5 mans and PUG raids. I think (played since closed beta) LFD/LFR is one of the smallest "problems" with the game.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 08:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Quick summary:

That's the thing though, the mass market doesn't want to "achieve" anything. They are used to logging into the favorite XBox/PS game and randomly unlocking things, getting achievements within 10 minutes and logging off. They aren't looking to actually have to put effort into something to reap rewards. THAT is truly what I think peoples problems are with quitting WoW, it's not the "length of time" they have played. It's the amount of (pre-Cata) accomplishments they have, knowing it took work to get them.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 08:39 AM ----------

you cant please everyone all of the time BUT as we all can see theres a lot of disgruntled WoW players about, me included so why shouldnt we voice opinions? noone care who agrees or disagrees with you, its nice to have a rant sometimes .
    guilds Vs guilds and people mouthing off where kinda fun imo, it brings an edge of competitiveness and lols to the precedings.

the best way i can think of to sort WoW out is REMOVE LFR (keep LFG for dungeons tho, thats ok i spose) BRING BACK seperate raid locks, REMOVE CRZ..... AND
    merge lots of shitty low pop realms together making bigger communities. i mean how many realms are now that are fekkin DEAD?????
    it aint gonna appen tho, but no harm in avin a rant eh?

also everyone should read this (cheers toxigen ) http://flavortextlore.wordpress.com/...ecline-of-wow/ and then say there isnt a problem with WoW. Blizzard should also read this !!!!!!!! fekkin good read. sums things up perfikkkkkkkk
    I'm just curious why CRZ (outside of the sometimes "buggy" mobs showing up) is such a bad thing? It's basically pseudo-merging of servers. Yea, I understand that doesn't solve /1, /2, /trade and AH problems being empty but still. I would personally love it if they fix the AH bugs with large servers and merged AH's. Now, being a goblineer that would be amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Because people don't look back with the same clarity that they experience things currently.

Pretty much all the 'things were better when' threads gloss over all the bad things that came with them.

For every person claiming a problem with the 'community' aspect of things I see very few doing anything about it, and all it would take is the spamming of trade with LFG or being a bit more social in the groups you get, and yet...

People want lots of things, however they aren't prepared to do anything about it, so they get nothing and then moan like it's someone elses fault.

Everytime I read someone complaining about how LFD / LFR killed the community this is what it really says:

'I have trouble making friends in WOW and that's Blizzards fault'
    your so wrong...... it maybe depends on your realm?? i know outlands and silvermoon are quite busy and things do happen.. but i think 80-90% of other realms are now so unpopulated its pretty impossible to do things like before..

im a believer in getting groups of people off my own realm, and every day i would try get groups for dungoens or raids or old raids etc... but the last year or two its become impossible because people CBA anymore cos blizz have effectively handed everything on a plate with a press of a button !!!!
    it feels like, the only people i do stuff with were in my guild, cant remember the last time folks communicated properly outside the guild environment (apart from shitty SHA now) to do stuff... and i used to enjoy that... but my realm is now dead.. ive unsubbed few months ago... i is upset cos i do love wow but cant play/enjoy it the way it is now.. and i aint paying £60 or whatever to transfer the 3 toons i got to another realm.

guilds feel like a realm.. almost as if noone exists outside of the guild..

10+ Year Old Account
    end TBC/begin wrath baby here

I sure find WoW to have changed A LOT. It's ALL about stats nowadays and it's TOO much about end-game (just look at LFR). Even though in wotlk the community already started declining, adding GUILD LVLING to the game made it WORSE IMO.

I still remember my first guild on this fun, social realm. People were helpful, social, active etc! Many people helped eachother out when they asked for help. The people who weren't social simply didn't join a guild (since guilds would simply kick you for being an ass). But now where EVERONE joins a guild SIMPLY because its level. It annoys me. This refers back to what I said in the begin. The game is too much about stats and "being the best" and getting stuff done ASAP.

It's all fun and stuff the pandaren keep saying "slow down, life is to be savoured" but it doesn't help.

Deleted
    your so wrong...... it maybe depends on your realm?? i know outlands and silvermoon are quite busy and things do happen.. but i think 80-90%..blabliblu
    So you got blizzards's datas on 90% servers .. good to know.

That was sarcasm anyways ...

By all means please go on making my day , this fail thread is as fun as all the other fail thread with the same exact fail topic .

IT : WoW is going in the right direction.

The truth is, the game feels worse because its 8 years old. If WoW as it is now was released tomorrow, it would still blow people's minds and blow any other mmo out of the water. The game improved over the years, it didnt get worse. Its just that the basic concept of the game remained the same for the past 3 expansions and people started getting bored of it. The thing is, blizzard is unable to come up with new stuff and thats what makes the game feel worse than it used to be; because you dont enjoy the stuff that you use to do 4-5 years ago anymore. Think about this, if what some people are implying (that WoW used to be better during vanilla wow) is true then if we reverse the order in which the games were released, meaning that MoP was released first, do you think that people would be happy to play vanilla WoW?
    Same idea applies to other games as well.

Deleted
    wow OP that ss is the needed proof to prove how bad wow is going right now!!! i'm going to unsubscribe ASAP!!! lolololol
    mmorpgs evolves, communities evolve, if you cannot evolve with em...well we all know darwin i hope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    So you got blizzards's datas on 90% servers .. good to know.

That was sarcasm anyways ...

By all means please go on making my day , this fail thread is as fun as all the other fail thread with the same exact fail topic .

IT : WoW is going in the right direction.
    aye theres sites where you can see server pops dude. you can make toons and chat to people on other realms too (which i did a bit last year . and just general observation in the decline of my once pretty busy server now looking like a cattle market without any cattle... ;p

Life changes, people moves on so should you aswell.

Deleted
    aye theres sites where you can see server pops dude. you can make toons and chat to people on other realms too (which i did a bit last year . and just general observation in the decline of my once pretty busy server now looking like a cattle market without any cattle... ;p
    Feels like you cant climb that mirror for much more .. i hear the sound of you sliding down and down .

Anyways its just a bunch of haters vs 10m people playing wow ... i dont know what else to say to haters.

Its as they say :

*Someone will see only what he wants where he wants and because he wants to..* useless discussing .

Have a nice day!

Deleted
    i always has a nice day dude tyvm for being concerned
    i see things for what they are.. i care fukk all for haters vs 10mill subscribers.. and yep forums are always a useless way to get things off ya chest. no cunt cares, blizz dont care, i dont care (but i do really cos wow used to be awesome), some people will always defend things for whatever reason cos they aint got the balls to stand up for what they believe in...... you just enjoy your free epix with no satisfaction of reward ill save my £9 a month and smile while having nice days