Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    there is no wrong or right in this... it is, was and will be subjective, get it in your heads people!
    as long as people in the millions play this game, nothing is bad, it´s maybe just not the way you like it
    when i started 8 years ago, i came allmost straight from d2... my life changend and i´m very happy that wow changed too, because if i´d still had to farm an awefull much and had to form every group because the dungeons were stupidly hard (for some) and so you´d had to have the better people if you´d want to run through quick, i wouldn´t play this game anymore, i´d have just not the time for doing it

i do understand some nostalgic stuff, i´ve read that wordpress article, well and i had to agree to some of the stuff written, but mostly it was true only because cataclysm was considered a big failure endgamewise ... and i have to agree, but now we have mop, and i just have fun since the expansion started

greets
    Last edited by Mayhem; 2013-01-30 at 02:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    "Back during the first years of the game, commitment, friendship and determination were the dominating themes, but as it developed, things started changing rapidly and old school players started feeling disconnected from what they used to enjoy. Things became too easy and little by little social interaction merely became a choice. With the arrival of the automatic 'Looking for Group/raid' tool, all a player had to do in order to achieve better gear, achievements, levels and such was to click a button. Back in the day you would have to interact personally with each player to find what you were searching for in order to set up a successful group. Due to the 'enclosed' community of your server, you would automatically start befriending people you crossed paths with, whether it was through PVE or PVP. In the picture you get a feeling of how the game has changed from a place of group effort and friendship to a community that is more focused on the individual user." - Bonewrench

I cannot take credit for this, saw it on reddit and it said what I think anyone that has played this game this long has thought for some time.

Link to the picture referenced http://i.imgur.com/sPLBsw3.jpg?1

WoW never went wrong. The people playing it went wrong, to expect the largest western MMO that's been out for 8 years to be the same for 8 years.

Deleted
    so were all just supposed to STFU and get on it??? even if its turned a great game into a poor one??

10+ Year Old Account
    Where it went wrong: Patch 4.0-4.2.
    Where it went right again: Patch 5.0-Current Day.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emoelitistthreadderailer View Post
    so were all just supposed to STFU and get on it??? even if its turned a great game into a poor one??
    you´re supposed to play a game you like... if you think it´s poor now, well that´s subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    i dont care what people think of me or my comments dude, i only post out of boredom and to see what the crack is i personally think WoW is pile of retarded shit now. MY OPINION same as every other [snip] opinion on ere ;p
    but like i said many times. i love wow and everything about it.. i just cant stand the way it is now !! so fekk off ;p
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-01-30 at 03:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    ^ This guy is awesome, true points. The time wasted & the people leaving not being able to fill a group up for Herioc Shattered Halls, removing someone & having to go back to Shattrah for another person was a pain in the arse.

Well I found the link to the reddit Click Here that isn't even on the WoW reddit, but the gaming reddit and this picture has clearly popped many times and clearly has been twisted many times. That alone makes it very fishy.

I also found it was post on the EU & US forums, people posting it so it had made it rounds for sure.

US forum post
    EU forum post
    Read page 5 on the EU post, the original author of the image showed up to discuss this himself.

It is really getting tiring seeing people continue to complain that the game destroyed the community. That never happened.

The community destroyed the community.

Want more community? Here is a little hint. Start talking to people. You will be surprised how many LFGs turn into social events, ones that you can end by inviting them to your friends list using BattleTags, by actually being social.

The people who keep complaining that LFG destroyed the social game are the people that themselves are anti-social, because they don't want to be the one to say the first word. They want to enter the dungeon and have the four other people talk to make them comfortable enough to join in, and when those four other anti-social people are all waiting for the same thing, then no one talks. It becomes a silent run because everyone is always waiting for someone else to make the first move.

You want a social game? Make one. Talk to people. See someone random in SW that looks interesting? Talk to him. You have a 50% chance he is a cool guy or a brain dead douchebag, and depending on which one you either made a new friend or simply moved on to the status quo. Stop expecting the game to force you into making friendships.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Kinda like your useless post?

OT:

The community really went down hill with lfg and things like that.
    Your topic is far more useless, sir. The contents of your post are stale, overdone, overdiscussed, tedious, and tired.

Oh look it's THIS thread again.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Oh look it's THIS thread again.
    Yep. Bottom line is community is where you find it. Content is what you make of it. If you want to play, play. If you are just too unhappy with the state of the game, then don't. If you really want to "change" things, go get yourself a design job at Blizz. Otherwise, all of this is just so much noise.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is exactly what has gone wrong with wow, and no matter how hard blizzard changes things to meet the demands of individual groups, it will never come back.

Its all about the masses and money, plain and simple. Game developers use to create games the way they thought it would be fun to play, now its all about how much money can I make.

Like everything else, all good things must come to an end, and no matter how long we wait, wow will never be the way it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I realize things have changed since then, but so has my personal life. Back in Vanilla is was much younger, I had less responsibility and more time. These days it's the opposite. The LFG tool is awesome, and after my guild disbanded before Catta, I have to say the LFR tool is a godsend.

There is only less social interaction if you allow it be like that. I've met a couple of random cool people, including one recently while doing Dominance dailies. We talk quite often now and use each others' profession services, and he's offered to be an insta-que Tank should I ever need one.

WoW has changed but I think it's a progressive change.
    RIP <SoP>

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So now you admit people could always be dicks, and trying to pull in "reputation" as the reason. Man Mitt anything you want to flop?
    Well once you earned yourself a bad reputation back then nobody would ever do anything with you so that was it's own deterrent for being a dick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post

like everything else, all good things must come to an end, and no matter how long we wait, wow will never be the way it was.
    qft

Infracted [Minor Spam]: Please post constructively. Posts that consist simply of QFT or This^ are not allowed - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-01-30 at 07:02 PM.

Deleted
    I think the main issue is that people who played Classic then TBC and Wotlk were the people who mostly played Warcraft 2,3 and spent tons of time playing Frozen Throne on battle.net, then they switched to WOW, it has been people with pure love for Warcraft and its lore. Everyone who played W3 and then seen Thrall in Orgri, fought with Ilidan in BT or with Anubarak in Toc, have had very special feeling, admiration for all this thing. Now days 90% of those people don't play this game anymore, but plain MMO players, internet freaks etc, let's lvl up monk because he is superior and panda looks sweet, it is a different game and different people, there is nothing special in WOW 2 i call this game, cata and mop = WOW 2 BTW Greg Steet i hope you will be homeless one day.

O look its this thread again and that picture again.....

Quote Originally Posted by darqhur View Post
    That is an opinion. Mine differs. I played another mmo before wow. I remember the hours of manually putting together groups, and hours spent running on video game foot to get to camp sites so I could get xp. I remember when finding a group was so precious that you carried several levels of gear, spells, and consumables with you because you couldn't afford to leave a group once you were in it.

Those games still exist to some degree or another. They tend to have smaller populations and fewer servers. I'm sure they have room for anybody who truly longs for those times.

As for me, no thanks. I do remember enjoying some of my guilds more ten years ago. I also remember putting people on ignore back then as well. The game hasn't changed that much. I still have the option to develop positive relationships with other players. I just don't have to spend time idling while I wait for a group to have all the magical elements to mean I could maybe do a few hours of xp or endgame content.

People don't want to pay subs for content they "might" get to see some time. Not because it is difficult, but because the grouping aspect becomes a mini-game of acceptance and rejection based on superficial factors.

I agree that if everyone believed as I do that it's ok to go for content at minimal gear levels and be willing to coordinate and keep trying even through dying, that would be fun. I don't think that it's for everybody, and I am not interested in always being preached to about how if I don't always play that way I am somehow less of a human being.

If you find that your interests have moved on, that's cool. If you feel the need to say that the game has gone wrong, you may be suspect. The game still manages millions of active players every day for almost a decade with no sign of slowing down. It's crazy. A phenomenon even.

Yet these threads keep popping up like a drunk boy at a party who can't get over his ex. He just won't stop talking about the "mistakes" she is making when it is clear that whoever is ex is, she has clearly moved on and is doing fine.
    Quoted because this is the only reply these types of threads need.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Many people still did it back in the day & after they were blacklisted across the server they transfered as alot of people had only 1 or 2 alts and could move themselves. An than continued the trend on another server.
    I would seriously argue "many" did it.

Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    O look its this thread again and that picture again.....
    Not sure why people think that image is so powerful, all it tells me is the guy really sucks at making friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I would seriously argue "many" did it.
    You are probably right, most of the jerks didn't even have to transfer. The idea of "blacklisting" only worked if everyone gave a crap about who was doing the blacklisting.

On my Horde server there was one person famous for both being a douchbag and ninja back in TBC. You couldn't enter trade chat without the person trolling people. What happened to that person? They had a whole guild form AROUND them because he found like-minded people that thought he was "friggin hilarious". Not once did the person get a social hit for all the bullshit. No one actually gave a damn other then one or two guilds that the person stole from.
    Last edited by Grocalis; 2013-01-30 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread again?

Seems like the player on the bottom of the pic is incapable of making new friends over the years.