Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
  1. #221
    agreed on what hes written.
    But for me wow went to the shitter when they merged with activision.
    The game became about satisfying stockholders, rather then customers...
    Some may say thats the same thing as satisfying customers, but no not rly.
    Skillcap of this game has dropped, now its just button bash race, rather then using abilities smart and with timing...
    And no throwing insta cc on a target whilst popping all cd's on one, is not smart timing. Thats just CD usage.
    WORLD OF CDCRAFT yo.

  2. #222

    Post

    Ah, I love picture threads. Here are mines.

    one from 2005 EU launch:


    my last screenshot from last year march, my very last q in wow:


    Ok question to self if I'm not playing for almost a year then why I am here and why am I postin?
    Well, I like picture threads lol.

  3. #223
    That picture honestly says nothing.

    The playerbase, as with every expansion, hangs out in the main area. So a better 2012 one would be SW (or if MoP launched, Shrine)

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Heroic modes are there for those who want to accomplish and overcome the hardest challenges in the game.
    Yes, they are the most idiotic idea ever. "Hey guys, would you like to wipe endlessly and put in 10x more effort to kill the same bosses! We'll give you a few more ilvl on your gear (which you'll replace when the gear resets again next patch) and some vanity crap!" Sorry, but I'm not interested in that kind of boring, mindless grind. I have no problem with the difficulty of hardmodes, they're tuned just fine for the most part, but it's simply boring and dull when you've seen the boss die before and you've been through the entire instance multiple times already.

    The biggest reward in WoW raiding (for me) was always the feeling you got when a new boss went down and you moved forward into something you'd never seen or experienced before. Gear and ilvls and titles and mounts are meaningless in comparison.

  5. #225
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    Vanilla server = big family, now = bunch of strangers.
    Thank god this is the first reply, it means people will read it. This is really what depresses me about wow, it just not a community anymore.

    Also another reason is that Blizzard blamed casuals for ruining hardcore and blamed hardcore for ruining casual. As such theres a permanent rift in the community.

    This might sound like a horrible argument, but if you didnt have a community in vanilla through bc then it was simply your own fault.

    (lastly cause I mention it in every topic like this, flying in azeroth was the final nail in the decayed coffin)

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    agreed on what hes written.
    But for me wow went to the shitter when they merged with activision.
    The game became about satisfying stockholders, rather then customers...
    Some may say thats the same thing as satisfying customers, but no not rly.
    Skillcap of this game has dropped, now its just button bash race, rather then using abilities smart and with timing...
    And no throwing insta cc on a target whilst popping all cd's on one, is not smart timing. Thats just CD usage.
    WORLD OF CDCRAFT yo.
    I think you confused 'customers' with 'myself'. What you have there is an opinion that they are not satisfying you, you don't speak for everyone and not everyone shares your view point. You don't speak for everyone and certainly not for me. I think they are serving me just fine.

  7. #227
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Martoshi View Post
    Yes, they are the most idiotic idea ever. "Hey guys, would you like to wipe endlessly and put in 10x more effort to kill the same bosses! We'll give you a few more ilvl on your gear (which you'll replace when the gear resets again next patch) and some vanity crap!" Sorry, but I'm not interested in that kind of boring, mindless grind. I have no problem with the difficulty of hardmodes, they're tuned just fine for the most part, but it's simply boring and dull when you've seen the boss die before and you've been through the entire instance multiple times already.

    The biggest reward in WoW raiding (for me) was always the feeling you got when a new boss went down and you moved forward into something you'd never seen or experienced before. Gear and ilvls and titles and mounts are meaningless in comparison.
    They're meant for a challenge for those who want it and the best possible gear.

    It's like 25 mans back in Wrath.

    And you should still feel that. Normal modes in Mists are actually difficult, like Cata's were.

    If you think with that mentality you're just putting yourself down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    They're meant for a challenge for those who want it and the best possible gear.
    Challenge alone is not meaningful. Otherwise they could just put in one boss per expansion with 100 difficulty modes. When you combine challenge with worthy rewards, that's when you get something meaningful. Gear or titles are not meaningful rewards, true feeling of progress was, getting to see brand new things due to over coming a challenge was too.

    If you think with that mentality you're just putting yourself down.
    Either way that is my mentality. I want a challenge and worthy rewards for it. WoW no longer provides that, so I've quit.

  9. #229
    This whole thread would be better served if the title was:

    Where I believe WoW went wrong

    Because that at least, from the start, qualifies everything as your personal opinion and all of the reasons you list are merely to explain why you have that opinion.

    Chief amongst it all is the opinion that WoW went wrong in the first place.

    But since this is just a glorified "WoW was better in Vanilla" thread, to which I disagree (New to everyone? Sure. Constant sense of discovery? Sure. Better? Fuck no) the whole thing is just a laundry list of opinions being passed off as undisputable facts.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Because that at least, from the start, qualifies everything as your personal opinion and all of the reasons you list are merely to explain why you have that opinion.
    Thanks Captain Obvious. Yes, posts on discussion forums are personal opinions. Perhaps they should put that in the forum FAQ or something so that you don't get confused.

  11. #231
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Martoshi View Post
    Challenge alone is not meaningful. Otherwise they could just put in one boss per expansion with 100 difficulty modes. When you combine challenge with worthy rewards, that's when you get something meaningful. Gear or titles are not meaningful rewards, true feeling of progress was, getting to see brand new things due to over coming a challenge was too.



    Either way that is my mentality. I want a challenge and worthy rewards for it. WoW no longer provides that, so I've quit.
    I obviously can't change your opinion, and that's your mentality, but thank you for at least being logical about this and debating this with me civilly.

    I really mean that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  12. #232
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,673
    Given the number of reported posts, the fact that the topic has been discussed hundreds of times and that the last few pages are little more than people arguing over the same talking points, I think this has gone as far as it can without further problems.

    So closing.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •