Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I really want the Path of the Titans to happen, but like dailies, people will feel it's necessary to do so that their character can get the best possible level of "power" out of their character.

By that I mean getting all Glyphs that increase their DPS or healing, just like getting all Valor Gear that they feel the need to unlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I really want the Path of the Titans to happen, but like dailies, people will feel it's necessary to do so that their character can get the best possible level of "power" out of their character.

By that I mean getting all Glyphs that increase their DPS or healing, just like getting all Valor Gear that they feel the need to unlock.
    Yes, and as a result Glyphs have no point beyond a few functionality changes and vanity stuff. I would rather they focus upon the talent system some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

In the most basic description, it was archaeology, except instead of rare vanity items you got rare non-vanity glyphs, arrayed in a primordial version of the current, tiered talent system. You unlocked new glyph sockets by playing the game, and new glyphs by, well, digging them up. It made grinding archaeology mandatory for mains and alts. I still can't figure out why people liked that so much.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Essentially it was a religion system a'la EQ2. It was scrapped because the devs felt it was just more glyphs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The concept of customizable abilities and options were evolved into the current Talent and Glyph system. We're essentially using Path of the Titans now, just without any of the progression or lore.

It's worth noting that the original Archaeology designed to work with Path of the Titans was nothing like the Archaeology we have now.

Such a shame to be honest, it actually seems very interesting, and is a new way to build your character, more personalisation is awesome. I don't see whats wrong with it being connected with Archaeology.

Archaeology is easy to level, not that boring and provides a substantial amount of vanity items, weapons and cool pieces of lore/info. The argument that archaeology is "grindy" is dumb, how else do you expect to level a profession without grinding. No one is forcing you to even level it, but yet again people who play for a few hours think that they should have the same things as people who dedicate dozens of hours. Fact is, I am not those people who dedicate dozens of hours, but it is simply common sense that those who work the best, get the best.

Regardless, I hope they integrate a more refined system perhaps in the future for more personalisation which is not already part of your class, like quests, raids, dungeons, pvp etc... I don't mind. I was slightly sad that there is little use for class trainers while levelling.
    \

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The concept of customizable abilities and options were evolved into the current Talent and Glyph system. We're essentially using Path of the Titans now, just without any of the progression or lore.

It's worth noting that the original Archaeology designed to work with Path of the Titans was nothing like the Archaeology we have now.
    Actually, that's not entirely true.

Minor glyphs evolved from the concept, but the Path actually evolved into Prime Glyphs in Cata.

I agree with most posters here that it would essentially be another grind. Another "required" grind.

People are already pulling their hair in frustation because doing dailies is too much, and getting the Valor cap is too much... Imagine if you had to grind anything else, such as Archaeology (irk) to be competitive!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Simply cause it's not useful to make a difference, not useful to add stats & competences to a player without any purpose.
    You are supposed to "grind" your Path of the Titans while playing on PvP & PvE, but there is some players who can't always play, and obviously, some will complete it faster.

-Casual players will get destroyed in PvP
    -Casual players wont have any chance to enter a pick-up raid.
    -Casual players will be less effectives than others on both PvE and PvP.

Why should someone that only plays an hour have the same stuff as someone who plays 7-8 hours? (weekly times here)

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I agree with most posters here that it would essentially be another grind. Another "required" grind.

People are already pulling their hair in frustation because doing dailies is too much, and getting the Valor cap is too much... Imagine if you had to grind anything else, such as Archaeology (irk) to be competitive!
    So because people already have a lot of "mandatory" things to do, adding more things is bad?
    This whole opinion of "My hands are full so I don't want more" should seriously stop. I know people who are already done with each rep, fully geared and experienced all of what Pandaria has to offer, but because of others who thing that they have enough "mandatory" work, these new things to do should not be added.

Notice how mandatory is highlighted in red.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 10:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Why should someone that only plays an hour have the same stuff as someone who plays 7-8 hours? (weekly times here)
    I agree, I am not asking them to be GODS, but it is surprising that the complaints are, "i put less time but I should have the same stuff". So a person who works little on his exams should have the same grade as the people who work hard on their exams because "they also paid for the exam".
    \

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Indeed. The problem is Blizz doesn't have a casual endgame system.

They have PvE and PvP.

As we saw with dailies, endgame players felt pressured to do all dailies every day instead of ones they want when they want as intended.

Not a fan of AA. Hate the idea of having to grind for skills. You think people complaining about being forced to do dailies for rep is bad now, imagine the uproar if people had to grind just to get their spells to function at max efficiency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Not a fan of AA. Hate the idea of having to grind for skills. You think people complaining about being forced to do dailies for rep is bad now, imagine the uproar if people had to grind just to get their spells to function at max efficiency.
    It's the celebrity culture.

If DREAM Paragon told their members "Level 3 characters, do dailies on 3 characters, and grind Path on 3 characters" then every endgame player feels the need to do the same.

PS The first two points are actual requirements for hardcore progression raiding.

This makes me feel old.

I remember when it was first announced...

Maybe I've been playing this game too long...

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    It's the celebrity culture.

If DREAM Paragon told their members "Level 3 characters, do dailies on 3 characters, and grind Path on 3 characters" then every endgame player feels the need to do the same.

PS The first two points are actual requirements for hardcore progression raiding.
    I don't care so much what Paragon or any of the hardcore guilds require. But as a casual player, I would immensely dislike having to grind Path just to make my Wild Growth hit 5 players instead of 4. Or to have my Corruption last 18 seconds instead of 15. I don't care about heroic gear, but having gimped spells is another thing altogether.

The biggest reason they did chunked it was because it was based around augmenting your abilities and if you chose based on what you liked as opposed to what was " best " you would of been considered inferior. In the time they had to get it done they never could figure out how to make it useful and not have certain titan paths not be mandatory for certain specs.

Basically if you had chosen the more tanking/less damage path and no longer wanted to be a tank, it left you behind those that had chosen the dps/healing path from the start. While the idea of a max level advancement system is a no brainer for most people, getting it wrong could of done some serious long term damage to the game. I think they correctly stepped back from it so that if they did go back to it they could do it right.

Really if they do it they need to make it so its useful without it being so specific that its good for one spec and completely horrible for another within the same class.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post

also, I personally hate the concept of it. joining a cult, do I look like a priest? lol
    Many of the races in WOW revere and worship the Titans. It would have been great for lore fans and role players, it's just a shame min/maxxing had to come into the equation. And it's hardly something "bad" for casuals" quite to the contrary. Casual players want more things to do in this game, it's kind of weird the way options have become "more things to catch up on" in some people's mind.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 01:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post

Those people are going to be the death of fun options in this game and would have us return to a game where everything you can do in this game on one character can be completed with one day of grinding with nothing left but to level an army of alts. That's what they want this game to be, to the detriment of people who want to focus on one character. Considering that, I wonder what makes one better than the other in some people's head beyond their own personal preference.

NO MATTER what Blizzard does, you're going to see a large number of people complaining. That is never a reason NOT to do a thing.
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-01-30 at 07:50 PM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW