Btw. It didn't seem like Kakashi or Obito or Sasuke had a problem spending 5 or 10 minutes in the other realm...

Chelly
    So this new chapter.
    Even if Sasuke doesn't manage to become Hokage, he'll still be the number one edgelord. Cringing every time I read his "hate/pain/revenge" dialogues.

Deleted
    Laughing hard @ Edgelord.

Yeah, Sasuke's dialogue was rather cringey this chapter. Wonder how Naruto's gonna beat him though... I'm sure he'll find a way.

Deleted
    This episode sure was fun!

The whole chapter felt like they kept repeating the same tired 3 lines over and over again

10+ Year Old Account
    Well.... i expected something ALOT worse to come out of Sasukes mouth than this so it wasn't bad per se. During this arc Sasuke has spouted alot of shit and this one wasn't really that bad.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it was expected for us to get the why he's doing it before the fight. It's better than getting it in the middle of the fight though.

So.... talk, talk, talk, flashback, flashback, flashback, talk, talk, talk, flashback, flashback, flashback, talk, talk, talk, flashback, flashback, flashback, jump at each other and bump arms. End.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

Well they have to pad it out a bit to make it to chapter 700, you really think the fight is going to take that long? I say 4 chapters at most and chapter 699 and 700 will be the wrap up chapters

This fight is gonna be 10+ chapters.

Mmmm at least Sasuke makes some sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedomoazul View Post
    You know technically...by Naruto standards. The fact that we all converge here often enough to discuss relative points of interest...aren't we all best friends?

I'll still never understand why friendship is the catalyst of this manga
    They wouldn't have all these problems in the ninja world if they would have had Mr. Rogers growing up. That's all Sasuke needs, is a friendly neighbor.
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

I think Sasuke is going to pull something like his brother, with all that "hate" speech he was doing. Naruto has never really killed anyone, he has tried, but someone else always finished the other person off, or that person died on their own.

I think Sasuke is going to be killed by Naruto to show him like.. "sometimes to protect everyone, you have to kill someone" etc Sasuke realizes his idea is stupid and won't work, he is just doing this so that Naruto truly grows up or something philosophical like that.

Sasuke isn't dying in this manga. The two options are:

1. Sasuke kills Naruto -> Sasuke kills Kage and beasts -> Sasuke becomes hated by everyone -> everyone unites against him like they did against Madabito in this war.
    2. Naruto brings Sasuke back -> Naruto makes peace with everyone and all the tailed beasts and everyone lives happily ever after.

And the reason Sasuke has to kill Naruto is because blah blah blah Sasuke has to kill everything he was attached to in his past to revolt and start over. (Apparently he doesn't care about Kakashi or Sakura, but Naruto is mad close to him.)

Deleted
    I liked today's chapter. I was expecting some bland repeated excuse for why Sasuke is doing this but it kinda makes sense? I like the part where how it's kind of similar to Naruto's answer of tanking the pain and hatred so its not used on others, it almost seems like a noble act, kind of like at the end of Batman The Dark Knight, but at the same time hes got to do some retarded overkill shit to get there (Kill Naruto, kages and tailed beasts).

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    And the reason Sasuke has to kill Naruto is because blah blah blah Sasuke has to kill everything he was attached to in his past to revolt and start over. (Apparently he doesn't care about Kakashi or Sakura, but Naruto is mad close to him.)
    Well they did kiss

:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we know thanks to the movie that neither one is going to be dieing.

Seems like Sasuke is a poor mans Lelouch at this point. Totally missing the point of Itachi's efforts again. I guess his reasoning this time around is better than for the rest of actions in the story at least. Naruto is going to need to activate a mode at some point though, doubt his standard power is going to be enough.

Deleted
    Inb4 Sasuke only does it to test if naruto truely have what it takes to become hokage

10+ Year Old Account
    I was right, he is trying to pull an itachi. Naruto will probably prove that you can't do it alone.......sasuke better die!!!! He still hasn't really changed since the last fight. He thinks he's all knowing with his geass and is solely strong enough to save the world. Yeah lets spread peace....by using force, bullshit he just wants revenge for his stupid clan.

It also seems that sakura inherited the sage's power to fuck shit up, be useless and dump everything on naruto.
    Last edited by NuLogic; 2014-10-03 at 08:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    I was right, he is trying to pull an itachi. Naruto will probably prove that you can't do it alone.......sasuke better die!!!! He still hasn't really changed since the last fight. He thinks he's all knowing with his geass and is solely strong enough to save the world. Yeah lets spread peace....by using force, bullshit he just wants revenge for his stupid clan.

It also seems that sakura inherited the sage's power to fuck shit up, be useless and dump everything on naruto.
    Anyone else pretty fucked off they ruined the ending to this manga with that film coming out?

Sasuke's way does have merit though. I'm not saying he's right but I don't see how Naruto's way is going to last either. Tailed beasts or no tailed beasts there will still be conflict and if there isn't and that's what we are forced to accept for this world at the end of the manga it's a bit sugar coated.

In short I think they are both wrong and trying to achieve something that wont work realistically and is probably unobtainable.
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2014-10-03 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    Anyone else pretty fucked off they ruined the ending to this manga with that film coming out?

Sasuke's way does have merit though. I'm not saying he's right but I don't see how Naruto's way is going to last either. Tailed beasts or no tailed beasts there will still be conflict and if there isn't and that's what we are forced to accept for this world at the end of the manga it's a bit sugar coated.

In short I think they are both wrong and trying to achieve something that wont work realistically and is probably unobtainable.
    I don't really think the film spoils anything. It would almost be expected that at least Naruto would survive, and that eventually - whether it is in the manga or a future film - Naruto will become Hokage. Seeing designs for Sasuke tells us that he also survives, but no context. Since they both survive, but Sasuke is out for blood, does that still mean Naruto wins? Or maybe he TNJ's Sasuke. Sasuke could still beat Naruto, but change his views on what a Hokage is from the fight. Just knowing they both survive doesn't ruin much. Kishi could really be trolling everyone though, and they both die, and the character designs are just for them in the afterlife.