Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
53
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Was pretty cool talking. I mean, the Uchiha darkness thing was cliche as fuck but whatever. I wanna hear 4th speak.
    It makes sense thought to be honest.

    Love is what drives hatred.

    You can't hate if there wasn't love in the first place.

    The 4th will probably talk last, and Minato is probably going to teleport everyone to the battlefield once they're done talking.

    Still wondering whether or not Sasuke knows Minato is Naruto's dad.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    and Minato is probably going to teleport everyone to the battlefield once they're done talking.
    Minato cant teleport without the jutsu being on something (like the kunais he used most of the time).
    Unless of course Obito still has the mark on his back........

  3. #43
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,962
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Minato cant teleport without the jutsu being on something (like the kunais he used most of the time).
    Unless of course Obito still has the mark on his back........
    Remember how those 3 Konoha ninja teleported the Mizukage to the battlefield where the other Kages were?

    There was no Thunder God marking used.

    So, he might be able to.

  4. #44
    Very cliche, yet entertaining chapter.

    The thing about Uchihas love stuff... Well, I don't really like it, there is no reason for it. It's surely a build-up for Madaras character, but really? Kishimoto could express his love for his brother in a less cryptic and awkward way than "he loved his brother very much, bu he also lost him, so his eyes became very, very magical". Also - it makes NO FUCKING SENSE with Kakashi right now. With those things established Kakashi should never be able to adapt a Sharingan, since it's a manifestation of Uchihas hatred, and even if, he should never ever be able to evolve it even further. But okay, thats nitpicking.

    I love Hashiramas character. This anime needed such a hero - easy-going, self-confident, a bit jackass - but badass all the way around. Summing up in Son Goku. I'm sure after some time we gonna see him during a fight, where he will calm down and fight seriously, but still be able to throw a pun here and there. Can't wait to see this moment. And, to all guys who compare Hashiramas character to Naruto - come fucking on.

    The rest is great as well. Tobirama being portrayed as a leader in conflict, who had to make some harsh decisions, but probably failed somehow. Orochimaru being awesome as usually - looking at his former teacher and showing him his cured arms, like "look jerk, you really thought you managed to pull something off during our fight?". Suigetsu being pretty much a semi-narrator, and doing great. Sasuke is only chewing the scenery, but that's usual.

    Perfect chapter for me, can't wait for another. At last this manga managed to rise from the Naru&Kyubi bullshit.

  5. #45
    Legendary! Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Remember how those 3 Konoha ninja teleported the Mizukage to the battlefield where the other Kages were?

    There was no Thunder God marking used.

    So, he might be able to.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/562/13

    Tsunade had the FTG seal, they teleported to her.

  6. #46
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/562/13

    Tsunade had the FTG seal, they teleported to her.
    Huh.

    I have no idea then.

  7. #47
    If you're going to depict something in a childish manner, ofc it's gonna come off as childish. Take the story for what it's worth. It was portrayed correctly, and it does make sense with most of what's happened. Your rant/speculation goes off of one chapter of explanation, Kakashi's mangekyou could have manifested because the the eye does connect nerves into the brain, its influence on his emotions may have strengthened to the point that it granted him the mangekyou.


    I don't know why people have a problem with Cliche, its only bad if the author completely fucks up portraying it, most of the time, it works because it has been working and will continue to be working for some time.

  8. #48
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    If you're going to depict something in a childish manner, ofc it's gonna come off as childish. Take the story for what it's worth. It was portrayed correctly, and it does make sense with most of what's happened. Your rant/speculation goes off of one chapter of explanation, Kakashi's mangekyou could have manifested because the the eye does connect nerves into the brain, its influence on his emotions may have strengthened to the point that it granted him the mangekyou.


    I don't know why people have a problem with Cliche, its only bad if the author completely fucks up portraying it, most of the time, it works because it has been working and will continue to be working for some time.
    I haven't really seen that many people complaining about the story.

    To be honest Kishimoto's writing with this final arc has been quite fantastic.

  9. #49
    Final arc I hope not

    But yea, im always behind Naruto's story, when i compare it to something like Fairy Tail's its leaps ahead. It also has potential so it won't get old anytime soon

  10. #50
    Legendary! Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,296
    Bet you guys didn't notice Kishi drew Sasuke's old Mangyokeo.

    Which is wrong because he should have Itachi's eyes fused with his so that Mangyokeo is wrong. Lol. I noticed this a while ago but since we're talking about writing I wanted to bring it up. Not that I'm faulting Kishi but it's lol...

  11. #51
    Pit Lord Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    With those things established Kakashi should never be able to adapt a Sharingan, since it's a manifestation of Uchihas hatred, and even if, he should never ever be able to evolve it even further. But okay, thats nitpicking.
    The evolution happened at the same time as Obito's. Practically speaking, Kakashi never achieved a Mangekyou Sharingan, Obito did. The eye just happened to be in Kakashi's body. I'm still waiting on the explanation of why he killed Rin.

    With that said, I just loved Hashirama's character. It was quite a surprise, didn't expect his personality to be like this. His reaction to learning Tsunade was the fifth was priceless, as was him being scold by Tobirama.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Bet you guys didn't notice Kishi drew Sasuke's old Mangyokeo.

    Which is wrong because he should have Itachi's eyes fused with his so that Mangyokeo is wrong. Lol. I noticed this a while ago but since we're talking about writing I wanted to bring it up. Not that I'm faulting Kishi but it's lol...
    That's has one of two explanations: either Sasuke can switch between the common Mangekyou and the Eternal at will, or it was just a design mistake. I'm leaning more towards option two, it wouldn't be the first time. Back during the flashback on the chapter that revealed Tobi's identity, the mountains behind Obito, on the Hokage monument, had Minato's face, although Minato wasn't hokage yet. It was corrected later, maybe the same will be done for Sasuke's eyes.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-08 at 12:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  12. #52
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Final arc I hope not

    But yea, im always behind Naruto's story, when i compare it to something like Fairy Tail's its leaps ahead. It also has potential so it won't get old anytime soon
    He officially said Naruto ends by the end of 2013/early 2014.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 06:12 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Bet you guys didn't notice Kishi drew Sasuke's old Mangyokeo.

    Which is wrong because he should have Itachi's eyes fused with his so that Mangyokeo is wrong. Lol. I noticed this a while ago but since we're talking about writing I wanted to bring it up. Not that I'm faulting Kishi but it's lol...
    Not as big an error as the one where he revealed Tobi to be Obito and the Hokage Statue had Minato on it.

  13. #53
    Did not know there was a topic about this on MMO, was just about to open one.
    Please answer me on this, caus i call BS story on this one:

    Obito needed Naruto and Octopops to complete the Juubi. Thats why he started the war.
    Next thing we know, he uses the brothers + a tail of octopops to complete the Juubi...
    He had both in his posession like weeks before the war. Why not just summon it in peace somewhere, cast infinite tsyukiomi and be done with it.

    E.G: Why is Obito (after planning everything so thoroughly) being a tardie?

  14. #54
    Pit Lord Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Did not know there was a topic about this on MMO, was just about to open one.
    Please answer me on this, caus i call BS story on this one:

    Obito needed Naruto and Octopops to complete the Juubi. Thats why he started the war.
    Next thing we know, he uses the brothers + a tail of octopops to complete the Juubi...
    He had both in his posession like weeks before the war. Why not just summon it in peace somewhere, cast infinite tsyukiomi and be done with it.

    E.G: Why is Obito (after planning everything so thoroughly) being a tardie?
    To be fair, he still needs Naruto and Bee to have the Juubi at "full power" (whatever that means). However, he did claim he didn't need the real Kyuubi and Hachibi for his purposes, so that is a little bit inconsistent. I wonder though how he intended to do this. Summon Juubi, then use Rinne Tensei on Madara. He dies, the Juubi goes berserk. Then what, leave Madara to fend for himself? Rinne Tensei on Madara first, then let Madara finish the plan? *confused*
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  15. #55
    Legendary! Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Did not know there was a topic about this on MMO, was just about to open one.
    Please answer me on this, caus i call BS story on this one:

    Obito needed Naruto and Octopops to complete the Juubi. Thats why he started the war.
    Next thing we know, he uses the brothers + a tail of octopops to complete the Juubi...
    He had both in his posession like weeks before the war. Why not just summon it in peace somewhere, cast infinite tsyukiomi and be done with it.

    E.G: Why is Obito (after planning everything so thoroughly) being a tardie?
    Obito is making the best out of the last bit of his life. Very soon he's gonna die since he has to revive Madara.

    Although yeah, Madara seemed mad he revived the Juubi before capturing the last two beasts.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    To be fair, he still needs Naruto and Bee to have the Juubi at "full power" (whatever that means). However, he did claim he didn't need the real Kyuubi and Hachibi for his purposes, so that is a little bit inconsistent. I wonder though how he intended to do this. Summon Juubi, then use Rinne Tensei on Madara. He dies, the Juubi goes berserk. Then what, leave Madara to fend for himself? Rinne Tensei on Madara first, then let Madara finish the plan? *confused*
    You do know that Nagato only died by Rinne Tensei because he was EXTREMELY low on chakra.
    Obito isn't (as far as we know) so he won't die if he used it for just Madara.

    Only contradiction is Nagato saying it isn't too late to ress those in the village, as if there was a time limit to be ressed.

  17. #57
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Obito is making the best out of the last bit of his life. Very soon he's gonna die since he has to revive Madara.

    Although yeah, Madara seemed mad he revived the Juubi before capturing the last two beasts.
    Madara's gonna kill Obito when he's restored.

    It's too obvious.

    I kinda feel bad for the guy.

  18. #58
    Legendary! Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,296
    Nah I believe Madara is an okay guy who is just misunderstood and kind of crazy, I don't think he's really truly evil. I think he actually likes Obito, but that Obito is the one who is sort of resisting him.

    And I truly believe Obito will die if he uses Rinne Tensei or whatever the reviving eye jutsu is called, regardless of chakra levels. What Paper Angel girl said was probably just some dramatic effect Kishi said but he's going to ignore its implications.

    Kind of sucks though, Madara has an Edo Tensei body that can't die and has limitless chakra, why would he opt to have a real body, Juubi or not.

    I gotta be honest guys, it'd be fucking amazing to see Edo 1rst Hokage fight Edo Madara, even though Edo Madara cheated and has some Senju cells in him too.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    And I truly believe Obito will die if he uses Rinne Tensei or whatever the reviving eye jutsu is called, regardless of chakra levels. What Paper Angel girl said was probably just some dramatic effect Kishi said but he's going to ignore its implications.

    Kind of sucks though, Madara has an Edo Tensei body that can't die and has limitless chakra, why would he opt to have a real body, Juubi or not.
    The nuking of Konoha already took off some years of Nagato's life. So I doubt Konan going QQ about Nagato's low chakra was a lie and for dramatic effect.

    Madara may have an Edo Tensei body, but as Itachi has said:"Every jutsu has a flaw".
    You could say that Madara figuring out how to mainaint the jutsu after the jutsu has been dispelled is the flaw, but I bet our semi-racist 2nd Hokage who INVENTED the jutsu will probably tell us the REAL flaw.

  20. #60
    Pit Lord Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    You do know that Nagato only died by Rinne Tensei because he was EXTREMELY low on chakra.
    Obito isn't (as far as we know) so he won't die if he used it for just Madara.

    Only contradiction is Nagato saying it isn't too late to ress those in the village, as if there was a time limit to be ressed.
    Obito himself told Madara something along the lines of "and to revive you, I need to throw away my life for you", so I don't think Nagato's low chakra was the only element. (Edit: found that chapter. Again, could be a translation error so don't take that as a fact.)

    Agreed on the time limit contradiction though. I'd say that they'll pull a "needs Uchiha/Senju/both DNA to remove penalty" like for Shisui's eye with Senju DNA, and voila, Rinne Tensei no longer has a time limit. Not to mention that, wouldn't Rinne Tensei bring Madara back as the old man he was when he died? As far as I know, the only reason Madara's in his prime right now is because Kabuto modified his body and added more mojo, so to speak.

    The whole deal with the Rinnegan is weird anyway. We learn since early on that since Kakashi isn't an Uchiha, his Sharingan drains more chakra and all that jazz, and that has never been contradicted. Now we learned that the Rinnegan is an evolved Sharingan only accessible for an Uchiha that also has Senju DNA. Yet, Nagato has Madara's Rinnegan active 24/7 and it never had the drawbacks that the Sharingan had on Kakashi and Danzo.

    Either the Rinnegan state is special in regards to chakra drain, or Nagato's Uzumaki DNA (which is related to Senju) was the reason for the Rinnegan to just funcion normally.

    The nuking of Konoha already took off some years of Nagato's life. So I doubt Konan going QQ about Nagato's low chakra was a lie and for dramatic effect.
    Oh, it definitely wasn't for show, I agree.

    But that's the kind of inconsistency that irks me. Konan's words left pretty clear that Nagato's low chakra would cause him to die from Rinne Tensei (implying that if he was at full chakra he might have survived).

    But in a recent chapter, when Obito and Madara were arguing about the Juubi or whatever, Obito was quite explicit in telling Madara that since he needed him alive to throw his life away on Rinne Tensei, he had to do as he said. Unless that was a pretty ugly translation error, it causes some inconsistencies with what Konan said. It might have been a translation error though, because really... if he dies from Rinne Tensei, what's the point in going along with the Infinite Tsukuyomi, if he won't live to see Rin alive in the genjutsu world?
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-10 at 01:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •