Page 1 of 168
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Manga] Naruto discussion (Spoilers)

Ok, if you have not already come this far, don't read the following as these are major spoilers:

Orochimaru actually brought back the 4 former Hokages.....

Aside from the cheap factor (which I personally don't mind) this is a huge event.

This will mean Madara is going to shit 7 colors of chakra when he once again sees his rival....Hashirama.

Minato will see his students, he will see that Obito became a douche and Kakashi a good guy.

Sarutobi will learn...of Asuma's death...

Tobirama...well I don't know about him. :P
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-01-30 at 07:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow I predicted all of these steps happening apart from the actual method used to unseal the Death Reaper victims...

It's definitely interesting, the question is whether these edo tenseis will be taken to the main battlefield or not, I assume it will happen, there's too much of an opportunity to milk the ACTUAL strength of the kage for uber action potential.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Somehow I predicted all of these steps happening apart from the actual method used to unseal the Death Reaper victims...

It's definitely interesting, the question is whether these edo tenseis will be taken to the main battlefield or not, I assume it will happen, there's too much of an opportunity to milk the ACTUAL strength of the kage for uber action potential.
    Oh I am not questioning that, I am pretty damn sure it will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm worried for Naruto, seeing his father revived? That'll really destroy him to see his father being manipulated by the guy that Naruto believes "stole" Sasuke. I do hope they can break out of the Edo Tensei much like Madara or Itachi did, it would make for a very interesting story and I would kill to see Naruto and Minato fighting alongside eachother with Naruto using the Kyuubi's chakra to empower Minato, combined with his speed? Nothing will catch him. It would really turn the tides in the war.

Hashirama breaking from the Edo Tensei to finish off the battle with Madara once and for all? That would be killer, though for story purposes I'd like to see them both die in their battle against eachother, I feel their time has passed.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-01-30 at 08:33 AM.

The Kyuubi was still alive, all that happened was his power was sealed. So with the revival of Minato, when the kyuubi's power reaches back him Naruto's effective strength is going to double.

Knowing the story and how its written, its going to happen when he needs it most blah blah.

Also, last time he did the edo tensei, he had a hard time trying to control the 2 hokage's, most likely he will just use them to get information and let them die. Controlling 4 might be a little bit to hard for even Orochimaru. I don't know what they want to learn, but I do believe thats all they want to do, then destroy the town. I know madara was a prodigy and was able to break the edo tensei (granted it was not orochimary controlling), but remember, he LOST to the first hokage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    The Kyuubi was still alive, all that happened was his power was sealed. So with the revival of Minato, when the kyuubi's power reaches back him Naruto's effective strength is going to double.
    Wait what? I assumed all the Kyuubi's power was just sealed within Naruto and Naruto had to find the "key" to open that power so to speak. What does Minato have to do with the Kyuubi's power?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Wait what? I assumed all the Kyuubi's power was just sealed within Naruto and Naruto had to find the "key" to open that power so to speak. What does Minato have to do with the Kyuubi's power?
    Half of the Kyuubi's power was sealed with Minato, the other half was sealed with Naruto as Naruto could not handle that much chakra at the time.

Basically, Kyuubi is at half of full strenght now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Half of the Kyuubi's power was sealed with Minato, the other half was sealed with Naruto as Naruto could not handle that much chakra at the time.

Ohh shit, that would be incredible to see the other half given to Naruto.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can already see the 1st and 2nd thinking "This again?" but I'm more interested in the 3rd and 4th.

Quite an impressive chapter! Really makes me wonder how long this series will go on now. There's quite some stuff left to be dealt with now.

2nd Hokage: hey guys, I invented this jutsu. If I tell you guys the seal order you can overcome the jutsu and won't be controlled.

1rst Hokage: Cool I gotta go fuck up Madara for tattooing my face on his chest. What a f**.

3rd Hokage: Cool ima see how my son Asuma and grandson Konahamaru are doing. Oh wait Orochimaru...Nvm ima kill this guy.

4th Hokage: I better go see how Naruto and Kakashi are doing.

2nd Hokage: uhhhh can I come with you hashirama?
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2013-01-30 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    And here was me thinking there was a small chance Sasuke was on the verge of becoming good again after his reunion with his dead brother. Naruto is going to be fucking pissed Sasuke has done this to his father so imo I think this should be the turning point where Naruto will never try again to help Sasuke again.

Looks like Sasuke has burnt his last bridge with the shinobi alliance I guess.

I also think Sasuke will get Orochimaru to edo tensei the Uchiha clan too.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post

It wasn't sealed in Minato, it was sealed in the Dead Demon seal like Orochimarus arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    It wasn't sealed in Minato, it was sealed in the Dead Demon seal like Orochimarus arms.
    Don't go nitpicking now!

I am interested in how these will be used, surely they will be used against Madara/Obito but after that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    I am interested in how these will be used, surely they will be used against Madara/Obito but after that?
    The destruction of Konoha.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always thought there would be a way to release the seal. When I saw those masks I was like "those look familiar...." And the ritual for the release was brilliant.

I'm thinking Orochimaru will destroy the Leaf village first with the Hokages. Unless he sees it's more important to stop Obito first. But who knows. Sasuke might have something up his sleeve and betray Orochimaru before that. Can't wait for the next one.

Deleted
    I thought it was kinda cheap how Orochimaru just happened to know how to undo the reaper death seal.....but then again Orochimaru himself coming back was a weird one aswel. That kind of took away most of the excitement I had for the Hokages coming back :-\

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laddips View Post
    I thought it was kinda cheap how Orochimaru just happened to know how to undo the reaper death seal.....but then again Orochimaru himself coming back was a weird one aswel. That kind of took away most of the excitement I had for the Hokages coming back :-\
    Well he did have three years to find out how to get his arms back. And he does like to research forbidden jutsu. But it does take away the excitement from the return of the Hokages.

There is one thing I adore about this chapter: it pretty much defines Sasuke. Amazing things are happening - a semi-immortal guy summons a Death God, performs a harakiri only to ressurect himself, and then raises 4 of most powerfull ninja warriors ever using 6 symbiotes previously living in Sasuke as a vessel. And what does the Uchiha do? Well, he stands there looking bored. Douchebag.

Anyone knows why did Tobi ever want to adopt him and teach anything? I mean, he gained absolutely NO profit from it. Even when Sasuke killed Danzo Tobi would do that better and quicker, and more importantly - he know he was after Shisuis eye, so he would just concentrate on getting it. Why is this guy still around, when he doesn't contribute to pretty much anything?

Back to chapter - an amazing one, a huge leap in the right direction after the bullshitstorm of Naruto&Kyubi BroTeam winning the war with the power of friendship. There is mystery, there is connection to Japanese believes and mythology, there is a greater plot behind it all, there's Orochimaru the Badass. Funny that he doens't really hold any grudge agains Sasuke for killing him when he was incredibly sick and lying in bed. Well, gentleman.