Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Is Varian the Greatest warrior on all azeroth

Who do you think can give Varian a run for his money in armed combat, personally i think Garosh is the closest now that Thrall's been outa practice, but i think Varian edges Garosh out in a fight to the death. what kind of abilities do you think the lo'gosh spirit gives Varian? Do you think well get to see them in the siege of Ogrimmar?

Varok Saurfang if he were younger. He probably doesn't have the energy that he used to, from age, and for emotional reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Greatest warrior, yeah. He is to Warriors what Malfurion is to druids and Thrall is to Shamans, their uber version.

I do agree with the poster above that the closest to him would be Varok Saurfang. Maybe even at old age, Saurfang would be stronger to Varian if the human were not powered by Goldrinn.

1 - thrall is no longer a warrior. he gave up on his warrior half to become a full shaman. that's why he doesn't wear plate armor anymore;

2 - apparently, from wolfheart, lo'gosh's spirit gives varian infinite stamina, which means he never grows tired. he can sprint crossing kalimdor from west to east with easy. it doesn't appear to give him any other type of super power.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Broxigar will always be the most powerful warrior to have ever lived on azeroth. He tore though the legions armies in there home world with just his axe, and it took the lord of the legion to finally kill him.

As for those saying Thrall isn't a warrior now because of his shaman thing, in twilight of the aspects, Thrall stood against an empowered blackmoore, one empowered by murazond, clad in doomhammers armor, in the frozen wastes of dragonblight, and managed to kill him. He might not be the most powerful in terms of what a warrior can do, but Thrall is able to hold his own in real combat.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-01-27 at 11:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think Varok would win. Yes if if was 1v1 Varian would win but I think Varok would never get himself in that position. Varok would beat him in all out warfare with his experience.

Varian is still every young and still has a lot to learn, his stubronness might be his down fall. Though in MOP he is changing so we will see.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-01-27 at 11:37 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    No, I AM! Varians a close second though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Broxigar will always be the most powerful warrior to have ever lived on azeroth. He tore though the legions armies in there home world with just his axe, and it took the lord of the legion to finally kill him.
    Also, Broxigar managed to cause a bit of damage to a titan.
    Even though it was apparently tiny, almost insignificant, the fact that he managed to do it to a titan is impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I think Varok would win. Yes if if was 1v1 Varian would win but I think Varok would never get himself in that position. Varok would beat him in all out warfare with his experience.
    unfortunately blizzard seems to be in the habit of ignoring interesting characters like varok or rexxar.

Sorry, Broxigar the Axe, greatest warrior and strongest mortal of all time. The only mortal to ever touch Sargeras.

Broxigar would be able to chop through Varians blades, his armor, his body, his armor again, and the building behind Varian all in one swing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    unfortunately blizzard seems to be in the habit of ignoring interesting characters like varok or rexxar.
    I would like to agree, in a logical world he should have became the warchief....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post

Varian is still every young and still has a lot to learn, his stubronness might be his down fall. Though in MOP he is changing so we will see.
    Also Saurfang is still partially empowered by the demon blood (should be pretty obvious due to a certain emote).
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Broxigar hands down. But I may be a bit biased since he is my favorite character from the all the lore, such a badass!

He wounded a Titan for fucks sake!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Sorry, Broxigar the Axe, greatest warrior and strongest mortal of all time. The only mortal to ever touch Sargeras.
    Why do I get the image of screaming fangirls "OMG he touched Sargeras...".

On a related sidenote - Broxigar isn´t on Azeroth anymore
    "Only Jack can zip up."

10+ Year Old Account
    While the idea of him being the greatest Warrior on Azeroth is a little blunt tbh, I'd have to say he is. However part of this depends on what you judge as making them a great Warrior, Broxigar may have been a great Warrior but his great feats were in no small part due to axe and whether or not you determine their equipment as their claim to fame is up to you. I personally do not think that being carried as it were by your weapon constitutes a great Warrior, at least not as much as skill.

That aside though I'd say without any doubt he's the strongest Warrior alive atm. I'd like to see him fight Garrosh due to his threat after Anduin's little incident, such a grudge and quest for Varian should be in their as imo it's vital that the Alliance has a perhaps more personal objective in the Siege of Orgrimmar.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Also Saurfang is still partially empowered by the demon blood (should be pretty obvious due to a certain emote).
    Eh, the difference between him and an ordinary orc is even if he still is empowered by demon blood he would be able to control it and use it wisely while the other can't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Broxigar only damaged Sargeras thanks to the axe that was made and blessed for him. Though I won't deny he had to make a mountain of Legion corpses to reach him. He's also not on Azeroth or even alive, so he doesn't even enter the equation.
    Wouldn´t mind betting that we would see him in some form or another - alive that is - once we reach the twisting nether (not saying its in this version of wow ofc.). Just because he got trapped on the "wrong" side of the gate doesn´t automaticly mean he died
    "Only Jack can zip up."

Deleted
    Thrall may be able to fuck him up with just the doomhammer and no elements. Garrosh seems to be a very, very able warrior but Varian has edged their duels I believe. But you might be right, the best Warriors who could probably beat him are either dead or too old i.e Saurfang(s) Grom, Lothar, Cairne.

Wouldn´t mind betting that we would see him in some form or another - alive that is - once we reach the twisting nether (not saying its in this version of wow ofc.). Just because he got trapped on the "wrong" side of the gate doesn´t automaticly mean he died
    Sargeras one shotted him, he dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really want him died, the thing is that made his feat so strong was that he sacrificed himself, retconning him to exist would diminish his heroic feat.