Thread: Dungeonland

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dungeonland

I know the game isn't exactly popular, it just released yesterday.

But can we get a megathread going? I'm not huge into WoW but I still like the mmochamp community.

Dungeonland Description

Dungeonland is a co-operative hack and slash game that takes players on a deadly tour through a medieval theme park. Playing as The Rogue, The Warrior or The Mage, the heroes will need to work together as a team to get past the evil overseer of this “Tragic Kingdom” – The Dungeon Maestro.
    Key features (copy pasted from steam)

Strategic Co-op Gameplay: Utilize each character’s unique skills and weapons, combine their special powers to form all new attacks, or just plain hack and slash your way through this treacherous theme park

Competitive Multiplayer: Play as the Dungeon Maestro himself and unleash evil on your friends. Summon your minion to thwart the heroes, conjure spells or take control of a boss monster and get in the action yourself. Then push the Evil Laugh button and let your sinister cackle reverberate throughout the land

Replayability: The DM AI randomizes monsters, treasures, and dangers each session to create a unique experience; player choice in equipping items creates endless combinations for more variety

Colorful Game World: Three different theme park environments to explore, each with their own unique attractions. Don’t forget to visit the gift shop on the way out. The prices are to die for…

Prepare to DIE: Dungeonland is a dangerous place – making your way past its deadliest attractions will be an extreme challenge. Only the hardiest of heroes need apply

Release trailer

Total biscuit in late beta - Dungeon master mode. You can watch part 2 right after it which you should be able to find.

Chim & Etalyx in late beta as well

Last edited by Angarin; 2013-01-30 at 10:20 AM.

Provide some info about what it is and why its fun, preferably with links and/or videos, and then you can make this the megathread.

I don't know; do you have the necessary documents? Have you gotten government approval? People don't just go out and MAKE Megathreads!
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't know; do you have the necessary documents? Have you gotten government approval? People don't just go out and MAKE Megathreads!
    Listen, if he can't pick himself up by his bootlaces and make a few megathreads here and there, whos fault is it that he became a suicide bomber? I mean really!

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Listen, if he can't pick himself up by his bootlaces and make a few megathreads here and there, whos fault is it that he became a suicide bomber? I mean really!
    Obdigore that's racist, calling the guy with an Arabian genie avatar a suicide bomber. Wow.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Obdigore that's racist, calling the guy with an Arabian genie avatar a suicide bomber. Wow.
    I guess that makes you french (let them eat cake!) and me ... Inuit? Hrm...

Deleted
    Well, you guys are having fun already I see. xD

Anyway, oo, I love this game so far. Bought it on preorder last week and got really hyped up for it, so we spent all of last night on teamspeak playing the DM mode (which is to say, the one true mode). So much fun. Felt a bit brutal at first, but it's really pretty damn balanced once you learn how to properly teamplay.

It's a shame it had to follow the Paradox tradition (dunno what it is with Paradox and Paradox-published games on that point honestly) and get released in a really unfinished state. Hoping it'll get patches for the lag issues and other bugs soon, then it'll be even more awesum. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aciaedius View Post

It's a shame it had to follow the Paradox tradition (dunno what it is with Paradox and Paradox-published games on that point honestly) and get released in a really unfinished state. Hoping it'll get patches for the lag issues and other bugs soon, then it'll be even more awesum. <3
    Maybe that's the paradox? .... Picking this game up when I get paid though so really looking forward to it, will post more once I've played a bit.

So do you need to have friends that also play the game to put a group together, or is there something that will match up players over the 'net?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So do you need to have friends that also play the game to put a group together, or is there something that will match up players over the 'net?
    There's a public server list at least. I can't really remember if there was any matchmaking.

Anyway, this is a very subjective statement, but I doubt you'll get a lot of fun out of it playing alone. It really is balanced around teamplay, to the point where you'll be brutallized in a pug (unless you play on very easy, in which case you might have more of a chance). Of course, you could also host and be the DM brutallizing the hapless pug. :>

There's a public server list at least. I can't really remember if there was any matchmaking.

Anyway, this is a very subjective statement, but I doubt you'll get a lot of fun out of it playing alone. It really is balanced around teamplay, to the point where you'll be brutallized in a pug (unless you play on very easy, in which case you might have more of a chance). Of course, you could also host and be the DM brutallizing the hapless pug. :>
    Yea the friends of mine that play games like this all have a Pathfinder game going. Its an excuse to get away from the wives and get together every other week. I have doubts they will want to spend the money to stay at home and play...

Tell us what the game is about, post some videos and links to the sites etc, the MMO-Champion community doesnt have the skills to google by ourselves yet, we rely on the Megathread authors to inform us about everything.
    {◕ ◡ ◕}

Deleted
    Well, you guys are having fun already I see. xD

Anyway, oo, I love this game so far. Bought it on preorder last week and got really hyped up for it, so we spent all of last night on teamspeak playing the DM mode (which is to say, the one true mode). So much fun. Felt a bit brutal at first, but it's really pretty damn balanced once you learn how to properly teamplay.

Pretty much agree - well, we did two of the three kingdom's to start with rather than the DM mode but that does look fun. It does seem really brutal at first, as in dying on the first section of the first stage a few times right at the start, but we got more into the swing of it as we went. I messed up and got yelled at a lot... the bugs are super frustrating though, weird lag, stuttering FPS, serious spikes in CPU usage on what is a very small game, random disconnects and several client crashes, and one of the boss fights bugged out and waves wouldn't come. Weeee all the bugs.

Also, did the DM mode against 3 bots and I had no problem killing them, the AI seems to be lacking so I'd definitely recommend playing with real people.

I'm enjoying it though, just wish it had released with slightly less bugs but meh, I can live with it.

If you ask me, any composition of team requires a mage. You don't need a warrior, or a rogue, but a rogue is really high damage so it'd be nice to have.

If you have 3 mages, with life link ...gg

Ice mage seems to be the top sub-class right now as far as usefulness with assassin rogue played well right behind it. Fire mage comes close as well as gunner rogue. Warrior is just lacking the necessary utility & damage it could bring. Anything it can do a mage can do better. Its sad really but its what paradox did, they'll learn eventually.

Those are just some tips after putting almost 13 hours into it so far. We played around with it some. The best comp so far seems to be an assasin rogue, ice mage & fire mage. This is actually what the paradox dev's beat impossible cannibal kingdom on (considered the hardest). We don't know if they did +3 challenges but impossible is obviously tough we all know if we've played even a bit of this game. I can confirm this comp is strong, but it heavily HEAVILY relies on constant communication between the barrier & rogue. Rogue basically goes up once the mage freezes & then the barrier mage barriers him from any damage any he just backstabs what he froze. He gets the perk with group healing when he backstabs & potion for group back stabbing. Really its quite op but it requires a really synergized group. Once you get it going, its just a breeze.

We're gonna start trying for harder/impossibles soon this week. We haven't even taken a peek at +3 yet but +1 is stupid ridiculous. One of them we got for giggles was everybody had to be within a radius of the leader. If they left that radius which is visible you take damage slowly but it builds up over time.

This feels like heroic raiding to me honestly in WoW. Its exciting.

Now for the bad

Yes this game has alot of bugs & video issues. Paradox q&a was just on steam focums confirming that he would get critical on them asap. So we can possibly expect a patch next week, possibly.

One you can get past those its a great time. Just make sure your friend's net is great & you'll have a good time

10+ Year Old Account
    You need some pretty pictures and videos

Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    Tell us what the game is about, post some videos and links to the sites etc, the MMO-Champion community doesnt have the skills to google by ourselves yet, we rely on the Megathread authors to inform us about everything.
    I'll try to post some videos of my team later this weekend. For now I'll edit the main post to hopefully compensate for now.

Deleted
    I got my review up Going to have a lot of fun killing my friends tonight. Mwuhahaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a megathread without a ton of posts so I decided to contribute.

Looks like a ton of fun. The industry certainly needs more 2-5 player "HAVE FUN" kinda
    games. co-op or versus, whatever.

What makes it even more awesome is that there are different characters for all players which
    gives it some replayability through everyone going through all roles, especially the dungeon master.

Sadly I probably wont pick it up just yet, I'm so far behind on my must play games schedule from all
    humble bundles and the winter sale and Path of Exiles draining my time too :_p

Going to play it tonight, heard it has had a rocky release with bugs etc. Only a 5k player peak on steam is very underwhelming for a game endorsed so heavily by the yogcast, Tb,Jesse and angry joe. Honestly with all of them making videos on it you'd expect some better numbers just due to the hype but didn't seem to happen. O well I hope it sells well anyway, very nice idea for a game and it looks well made, they deserve to do well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Going to play it tonight, heard it has had a rocky release with bugs etc. Only a 5k player peak on steam is very underwhelming for a game endorsed so heavily by the yogcast, Tb,Jesse and angry joe. Honestly with all of them making videos on it you'd expect some better numbers just due to the hype but didn't seem to happen. O well I hope it sells well anyway, very nice idea for a game and it looks well made, they deserve to do well.
    Only 5k player peak? That's pretty shocking if accurate to be honest considering how much TB hyped it up on youtube and twitter... I know that 6 of my friends had pre-ordered it and that's a good 20% of my friends list. It was late releasing, about 40 minutes late, and there were literally tweets every minute going out asking why it hadn't released yet so there seemed like a lot of people waiting.