fire v frost and a little bit of arcane clarity

sup all.....2 quick questions

397 haste arcane (works for frost as well) ms.....393 fire (crit) os.......2pc on both (dont wanna use lfr for 4pc over heroic off set pieces)

1. starting HM garalon and windlord progression (10m) and I'm curious as to the preferred spec. is it fire or frost?

2. for the haste/invocation build....outside of AP/AT burst is it literally ab spam then evo or do u use missile procs, and if so till what mana %

thanx for the feedback

cheers

Deleted
    1. Fire

2. Theres two "ways" atm. Either spam AB/AM till ~35% mana then evo back up, or AB/AM till ~80% then Evo 1 tick back up to 100% and full evo when you'll loose the buff.

Missile dps is better than Arcane blast, so always Missiles over AB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    2. Theres two "ways" atm. Either spam AB/AM till ~35% mana then evo back up...
    If you are just trying to avoid wasting mana from evocation you need to get closer to 20%(for around 6k haste). It depends on haste of course.

Sometimes you will get really lucky with missile procs or will have to move and you'll have to evocate to get invoker's energy instead of when you hit 20%.

I tried the second way of using once evo tick at 80% and I kept finding evocation was on cooldown when I needed to do the full evocation to get the buff. Try both ways and see what you prefer.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Oh the invocation burn strategy sounds pretty simple Maybe I'll give it a shot in the next raid evening.

15+ Year Old Account
    Arcane works better for garalon H because you're only really killing the inside legs + him.

thanx for the responses all. some good info.

@spaace: im one of the kiters for garalon.....do you still think arcane is the way to go? also i understand that IW is prolly the talent of preference for that fight because of this reason....or am i wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    1. Fire

2. Theres two "ways" atm. Either spam AB/AM till ~35% mana then evo back up, or AB/AM till ~80% then Evo 1 tick back up to 100% and full evo when you'll loose the buff.

Missile dps is better than Arcane blast, so always Missiles over AB.
    do you use barrage at all with this style of play?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    do you use barrage at all with this style of play?
    Nope, and no scorch too