Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well I can imagine if some timezones would be affected by this. I mean playing in the dark all the time... that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Well I can imagine if some timezones would be affected by this. I mean playing in the dark all the time... that sucks.
    There wasn't a problem with that before, hardly anyone complained about it when it was actually there.

When I started out Darkshire questing at night used to feel genuinely creepy.

I really hope night comes back, it was really silly to have removed it in the first place imo.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I want the night back but with one change - don't make it a 24 hour day, make it a 6 hour day. That way if you only play the same time (let's say evening) it's not always night/day. That's the only thing that annoyed mit back in the day/night times. I only logged in after 9 pm and it was always night. Only on weekends I saw the sun of Warcraft. So a big YES for darker night time but only with a shorter day/night cycle.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 05:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    There wasn't a problem with that before, hardly anyone complained about it when it was actually there.
    That's not right. Many complained. You just didn't notice. It really sucks if you don't see the sun of Azeroth because you only play late after work.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 05:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    why was it taken away?
    Many complained that when they come from work and play the game after dinner it's always dark and gloomy in the game. Instead of speeding up the day/night cycle (so you could see the dusk and dawn during a long playing session) they removed the night and replaced it with a different sky box.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2013-01-31 at 04:12 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    To my knowledge it was taken away because people in a specific timezone always played at night, and felt like they were playing World of Nocturnalism.

Yes, it's quite silly.
    That's sad... I usually play at night. I like night. Night is nice and good and atmospheric. Night is like a warm blanket, hot chocolate, a fireplace, a good glass of whisky, a pipe of fine tobacco and a good book. Night is for storytelling. Night is romantic.

Deleted
    This allone would maybe be enough to force me to log in again. Just to see the differences... In fact I can't even remember what is it like today...

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I want the night back but with one change - don't make it a 24 hour day, make it a 6 hour day. That way if you only play the same time (let's say evening) it's not always night/day. That's the only thing that annoyed mit back in the day/night times. I only logged in after 9 pm and it was always night. Only on weekends I saw the sun of Warcraft. So a big YES for darker night time but only with a shorter day/night cycle.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 05:10 PM ----------

That's not right. Many complained. You just didn't notice. It really sucks if you don't see the sun of Azeroth because you only play late after work.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 05:12 PM ----------

Many complained that when they come from work and play the game after dinner it's always dark and gloomy in the game. Instead of speeding up the day/night cycle (so you could see the dusk and dawn during a long playing session) they removed the night and replaced it with a different sky box.
    While I agree as someone who primarily plays at night that it sometimes it sucks but the current system is a really a lose/lose for everyone.

In the current system, we nighttime players still don't get daylight, just an extremely ugly, muttled form of dusk that is worse than daylight or true nighttime.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would certainly make night roleplay more immersive. Duskwood and Stormwind at night would be <3

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymahr View Post
    This allone would maybe be enough to force me to log in again. Just to see the differences... In fact I can't even remember what is it like today...
    I've been playing a long time and I don't see myself ever stopping. Why sit around and wait for some possible changes that I would love than to stand up and get the word out. Most people seem to be in approval of the suggestion and a blue has "let the dev's know" but we can't stop there. Hell I even signed up to twitter to try and get #WoWNighttime to a few people.

I'm really hopeful.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how much the little things like sunlight and weather really impact the atmosphere of the game. They seems like very trivial things but they add so, so much to immersion and enjoyment.

One of the things that first impressed me when I started playing the game was those kinds of things. Like, wow, how cool is that that they thought to make the sun set in the evening?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Not an option. Too many things, like crafting cooldowns, instance lockouts, farming, and so forth, are intimately linked to a real-time 24 hour day/night cycle.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    The most amazing memories I have from this game are when I was running through Mulgore or the Barrens on my low level hunter, and the only light out was the moon. And it was, you know, actually dark.
    Click on me for my anime list!
    Quote Originally Posted by H.P. Lovecraft
    What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    more weather effects too

why not snow? or hail!

10+ Year Old Account
    The blue response makes me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    Not an option. Too many things, like crafting cooldowns, instance lockouts, farming, and so forth, are intimately linked to a real-time 24 hour day/night cycle.
    What does any of that have to do with sunrise/sunset in the game? The lockouts don't have anything to do with a day/night cycle, they have to do with what time it is on the server.

I am one of those players who can only play at night. While I liked nighttime play, it got really old after a while. I didn't even know what Hinterlands actually looked like until I'd been playing for a couple of years, because it was so dark at night there.

What they should do is re-implement the old day/night cycle, but give it an odd-numbered cycle time in hours, like 7 or 11. That way even people who only logged in at the same time each day could experience night sometimes and day other times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    The blue response makes me smile.
    Link and/or quote? There are like eighty zillion links in the OP.

YES EIGHTY ZILLION.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Link and/or quote? There are like eighty zillion links in the OP.

YES EIGHTY ZILLION.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...551?page=7#123

I assume he means that post in the EU thread.

Deleted
    Don't think I've ever seen so many people on the official forums agree in the same thing O_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Without the night, how is the terror going to flap in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Don't think I've ever seen so many people on the official forums agree in the same thing O_O
    I was literally just thinking that myself.