Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I support this decision and think it would be great to see this put back into the game. That is all.

15+ Year Old Account
    It can't be that hard to add a slider into options that let's you change how dark the nights are. Some people are scared of darkness, even in a game. Some people like pitch black nights and some just a little darker.

If I recall right, Duskwood was a pitch black zone in beta. You HAD to have a torch or you would get lost. That's so cool.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

They actually did mess with actual darkness during the MoP beta and it looked beautiful. The windows lit up and the torches and lanterns glowed and lit up the ground around them. It even lit up the characters too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    At night, I look upon potatoes with lust in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadina View Post
    They actually did mess with actual darkness during the MoP beta and it looked beautiful. The windows lit up and the torches and lanterns glowed and lit up the ground around them. It even lit up the characters too.
    I was actually really excited when I saw that in the beta, then really sad when I saw they took it away for live

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    It can't be that hard to add a slider into options that let's you change how dark the nights are. Some people are scared of darkness, even in a game. Some people like pitch black nights and some just a little darker.

If I recall right, Duskwood was a pitch black zone in beta. You HAD to have a torch or you would get lost. That's so cool.

Blizzard has a very specific look for everything, they want you in the world of their art style, down to the shade of green you are wearing and the color of the sunlight on your face. They will never allow sliders for things, it would mess with the "hand crafted" styles they put so much effort into.

But a box you check, ah, that's different

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 09:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chadina View Post
    WTF !!!???

Gah, that sounds beautiful, especially with the new lighting system. I love how it looks in the new Scholomance or Scarlet Monastary with that dim lighting, does anyone have screenshots of the actual world like that?

That's,... painful to know.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

When I was a noob, I was questing in duskwood at night, and it still remains as one of the most fond memories ever because it was so immersive.

So yes realistic lighting would be welcoming

10+ Year Old Account
    Pleaseyes, with the option to turn it off. It's all about *choice*

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing you can do is if you're like me and play mostly at night anyway, lower the brightness/gamma settings. I've gotten decent results messing around with these settings and getting the night to look like night again. Unfortunately it can darken daytime a bit much. I bet someone can make an addon that automatically changes these settings for you.

Night time makes for atmosphere. The darkness actually adds warmth to the experience. So yes; I'm all for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Wow, I didn't even think about that. Yeah, I remember rolling through Duskwood around level 20 and being scared to death of going there when the sun went down.

Blizzard definitely needs to bring this back. It was taken away for a pretty dumb reason.
    why was it taken away?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    why was it taken away?
    My guess?
    Lighting effects eating framerate. The darker it becomes, the more particles you need for lighting effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    My guess?
    Lighting effects eating framerate. The darker it becomes, the more particles you need for lighting effects.
    It was never an issue before when they had a proper night time. Why would it be an issue now?

P.S I had a pile of shit that would barely run WoW and if my memory serves me, it played better at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    My guess?
    To my knowledge it was taken away because people in a specific timezone always played at night, and felt like they were playing World of Nocturnalism.

Yes, it's quite silly.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Agree and posted in the thread, I really hope they'll bring it back someday.

Everquest managed to do this in 1998, I dont see why WoW cant figure weather out.

Im totally for this~
    Free-To-Play is the future.

If they can add an option to turn it off, I'm all for it. I liked the old night but it got to the point that I hated it because I would ALWAYS play at night so I never got to see daytime ingame.

I'm totally for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Everquest managed to do this in 1998, I dont see why WoW cant figure weather out.

Im totally for this~
    It's not that they can't do it, it's all about how much effort it means. Because Blizzard is a business and effort means money.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    WOuld love to see this happen, some real night time hunting or questing would be brilliant.

Added link to 2nd US thread since the first one reached the post cap.

Deleted
    God please yes! Wasn't this in the game already in tbc/ wotlk ? I dunno i remember walking in SW at night time...