Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,146
    Don't think I've ever seen so many people on the official forums agree in the same thing O_O

  2. #102
    Without the night, how is the terror going to flap in it?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Don't think I've ever seen so many people on the official forums agree in the same thing O_O
    I was literally just thinking that myself.

  4. #104
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Wow, I didn't even think about that. Yeah, I remember rolling through Duskwood around level 20 and being scared to death of going there when the sun went down.

    Blizzard definitely needs to bring this back. It was taken away for a pretty dumb reason.
    Couldn't agree more, the old Duskwood at night was pretty scary.

  5. #105
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,820
    Ok, I haven't played since about first part of Cataclysm, but when did they remove night? I know there was a time when they made the Hinterlands a bit brighter since it was a bit dark there, but did they fully remove the night? That's sad, hope you get it back.

  6. #106
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,295
    I am all for it, but there needs to be an option to turn it off. It used to really bother me never seeing ingame days since I always played at night.

  7. #107
    Was running though Silvermoon last night and it was actually dark. Went to Org and it was like daytime.

  8. #108
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,677
    tbh, whatever changes they made to light, it hardly seems noticeable to me from what it use to be. i mean I think I can remember it being slightly darker in places like elwynn forest, but.. not that I remember exactly.

    I wish nights in wow were like that in skyrim, real night time and illuminated by torches, fires, lamps and glowy things.

  9. #109
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    tbh, whatever changes they made to light, it hardly seems noticeable to me from what it use to be. i mean I think I can remember it being slightly darker in places like elwynn forest, but.. not that I remember exactly.

    I wish nights in wow were like that in skyrim, real night time and illuminated by torches, fires, lamps and glowy things.
    Did you look at the screenshots? I didn't notice just how much it had changed until I saw them, and then I remembered. It just sort of slips you by.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    more weather effects too

    why not snow?
    You mean snow in places that don't look like it's winter? I don't understand how a person could have played this game in the last 6 years and not have seen snow, so I assume you mean seasonal changes in zones.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about
    Just logged in and it's dark, the sky is full of stars and I both two moons visible.
    Now look on the ground and tell me what time of day it is based on what you see there. It's always bright and well lit in Azeroth for a while now.




  12. #112
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Without the night, how is the terror going to flap in it?
    Darkwing Duck references?
    On my MMO-forums?

    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Darkwing Duck references?
    On my MMO-forums?
    When there's trouble you, call DW.

  14. #114
    Stood in the Fire Hildefuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Atlantic Europe
    Posts
    434
    I support this, I still remember the first time I went to Westfall in deep night 8 years ago and being scared at the whole immersion the darkness gave it. Do want it back.

  15. #115
    some people can play only during nightime (like I used to few years ago), and questing when everything is so dark it's fucked up. It's cool when you are high level and troll on chat in Stormwind during night, but suck to be the guy who is out in the world killing kobolds.

  16. #116
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    160
    While I think it would look cool and give an certain ambiance that is missing, they would need to have a 'turn off' feature for it. I play on a US server but live in Australia. It would be pretty much night ALL the time for me, which I believe would get annoying + depressing after a while. Even right now, the 'night time' is darker (only slightly) than 'day time' - I miss playing during "the day".

  17. #117
    Field Marshal Harukaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    67
    I would love to see this change coming to live. It would bring a vibe of "fear" to play in the night, I actually think it would be awesome. And for those who don't want it, there should be a easy implementation of a button to activate or deactivate this feature.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    some people can play only during nightime (like I used to few years ago), and questing when everything is so dark it's fucked up. It's cool when you are high level and troll on chat in Stormwind during night, but suck to be the guy who is out in the world killing kobolds.
    I disagree. I loved being out in the world questing at night. It was an entirely different experience than during the day.

    The atmosphere of darkness really made it fun to quest at night. There were also things like the "humans" in silverpine that turned into worgan at night.

  19. #119
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,295
    Correct me if Im wrong, but wasnt there something to the night back in vanilla as well? Some mobs that were harder or something? I could be getting this mixed up with EQ but seem to remember WoW having more neat little things like that which have been lost over the years to do trying to make equal opportunity for everyone across the board.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    I disagree. I loved being out in the world questing at night. It was an entirely different experience than during the day.

    The atmosphere of darkness really made it fun to quest at night. There were also things like the "humans" in silverpine that turned into worgan at night.
    you =/= me and other people, k?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •