Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Wow, I didn't even think about that. Yeah, I remember rolling through Duskwood around level 20 and being scared to death of going there when the sun went down.

Blizzard definitely needs to bring this back. It was taken away for a pretty dumb reason.
    Couldn't agree more, the old Duskwood at night was pretty scary.

Deleted
    Ok, I haven't played since about first part of Cataclysm, but when did they remove night? I know there was a time when they made the Hinterlands a bit brighter since it was a bit dark there, but did they fully remove the night? That's sad, hope you get it back.

I am all for it, but there needs to be an option to turn it off. It used to really bother me never seeing ingame days since I always played at night.

Was running though Silvermoon last night and it was actually dark. Went to Org and it was like daytime.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh, whatever changes they made to light, it hardly seems noticeable to me from what it use to be. i mean I think I can remember it being slightly darker in places like elwynn forest, but.. not that I remember exactly.

I wish nights in wow were like that in skyrim, real night time and illuminated by torches, fires, lamps and glowy things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    tbh, whatever changes they made to light, it hardly seems noticeable to me from what it use to be. i mean I think I can remember it being slightly darker in places like elwynn forest, but.. not that I remember exactly.

I wish nights in wow were like that in skyrim, real night time and illuminated by torches, fires, lamps and glowy things.
    Did you look at the screenshots? I didn't notice just how much it had changed until I saw them, and then I remembered. It just sort of slips you by.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    more weather effects too

why not snow?
    You mean snow in places that don't look like it's winter? I don't understand how a person could have played this game in the last 6 years and not have seen snow, so I assume you mean seasonal changes in zones.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about
    Just logged in and it's dark, the sky is full of stars and I both two moons visible.
    Now look on the ground and tell me what time of day it is based on what you see there. It's always bright and well lit in Azeroth for a while now.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Without the night, how is the terror going to flap in it?
    Darkwing Duck references?
    On my MMO-forums?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Darkwing Duck references?
    On my MMO-forums?
    When there's trouble you, call DW.

Deleted
    I support this, I still remember the first time I went to Westfall in deep night 8 years ago and being scared at the whole immersion the darkness gave it. Do want it back.

Deleted
    some people can play only during nightime (like I used to few years ago), and questing when everything is so dark it's fucked up. It's cool when you are high level and troll on chat in Stormwind during night, but suck to be the guy who is out in the world killing kobolds.

While I think it would look cool and give an certain ambiance that is missing, they would need to have a 'turn off' feature for it. I play on a US server but live in Australia. It would be pretty much night ALL the time for me, which I believe would get annoying + depressing after a while. Even right now, the 'night time' is darker (only slightly) than 'day time' - I miss playing during "the day".

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see this change coming to live. It would bring a vibe of "fear" to play in the night, I actually think it would be awesome. And for those who don't want it, there should be a easy implementation of a button to activate or deactivate this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    some people can play only during nightime (like I used to few years ago), and questing when everything is so dark it's fucked up. It's cool when you are high level and troll on chat in Stormwind during night, but suck to be the guy who is out in the world killing kobolds.
    I disagree. I loved being out in the world questing at night. It was an entirely different experience than during the day.

The atmosphere of darkness really made it fun to quest at night. There were also things like the "humans" in silverpine that turned into worgan at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if Im wrong, but wasnt there something to the night back in vanilla as well? Some mobs that were harder or something? I could be getting this mixed up with EQ but seem to remember WoW having more neat little things like that which have been lost over the years to do trying to make equal opportunity for everyone across the board.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    I disagree. I loved being out in the world questing at night. It was an entirely different experience than during the day.

The atmosphere of darkness really made it fun to quest at night. There were also things like the "humans" in silverpine that turned into worgan at night.
    you =/= me and other people, k?

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    you =/= me and other people, k?
    I didn't for a moment insinuate that you and I are the same. I clearly said that I disagreed with your opinion and further went on to explain why I disagreed.

Quote Originally Posted by FalinMor View Post
    What does any of that have to do with sunrise/sunset in the game? The lockouts don't have anything to do with a day/night cycle, they have to do with what time it is on the server.
    Lockouts and cooldowns are synced with the day-night cycle, and the day-night cycle is synced with the server time. It's one of those older hard-coded things, like why our backpacks can't be upgraded beyond 16 slots.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Deleted
    Oh god yes, please bring this back