Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    Lockouts and cooldowns are synced with the day-night cycle, and the day-night cycle is synced with the server time. It's one of those older hard-coded things, like why our backpacks can't be upgraded beyond 16 slots.
    To be honest, I think it should be viable to choose how your client displays night time through some basic settings easily altered by blizzard. Especially since it wouldn't be "new" code, just code that was there originally. And there would be nothing to stop them going further and add in a little customization for how dark you would like it to be.

But on the whole day/night cycle being put to the realtime day/night cycle. There wouldn't be a problem if we had multiple "days" to one real life day. Keep the cooldowns as they are.

(If you're thinking of spreading the word on twitter, #WoWNighttime. I'm not that big on using twitter, but some of you might be.)
    Last edited by razski; 2013-02-04 at 07:12 PM.

One of my fondest memories in Wow, 8 years ago or so, was when I formed a lowbie group for Deadmines and instead of fully making it to the instance, the group sat down on a night-lit hill in Westfall and just chatted. The ambiance was excellent, that was one of the most immersive moments that I have had in this game, felt really social and the nighttime environment added a really cool element to the event.

They definitely need to bring back night, because as it is now, the game is too bright. The night adds a definite element to the game that is more than just a sky replete with stars can provide.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Just make it an option inthe graphics menu for whether or not to have it get dark at night.

There you go.

Problem solved.

Everyone's happy.

I challenge anyone against this to give me a reason. There's no reaskn for blizzard not to implement this. The lighting ystem is already inthe game, it's just disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    you =/= me and other people, k?
    Like has been mentioned before, the fix is as simple as an option that you can toggle off or on in the graphics settings.

There's no reason for this not to happen. The tech is there already.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Interesting. I must admit seeing those old pictures of real night made me realise how much I miss those days, there was something missing and that was it, or at least one of the things.

BUT I have to say one thing, Blizzard spent a lot of time working on something that out of the blue was announced, and that was massively improved water graphics. It really did change the game for the better. My point is this - Blizzard work on the sky, you have worked on every facet of the game and upgraded it but we have a very rudimentary graphic in the sky and improving that would massively add to the immersion. Thoughts?

Many of you have probably witnessed the event in dalaran when some1 turns in the quest obtained from algalon and for some seconds the sky turns black with stars, that's amazing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    Interesting. I must admit seeing those old pictures of real night made me realise how much I miss those days, there was something missing and that was it, or at least one of the things.

BUT I have to say one thing, Blizzard spent a lot of time working on something that out of the blue was announced, and that was massively improved water graphics. It really did change the game for the better. My point is this - Blizzard work on the sky, you have worked on every facet of the game and upgraded it but we have a very rudimentary graphic in the sky and improving that would massively add to the immersion. Thoughts?
    Whilst this would be true of many areas, the sky for outland and MoP areas is really gorgeous as it is. The lighting on the ground near you (lit up like its the middle of the day, when it's clearly night time) is more immersion breaking than the sky.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few weeks ago I was in the Barrens in the middle of the night. I was disappointed by the lighting. Far away from civilization at night, and yet everything was bathed in extreme amounts of light. I realize the moon should add some light, but it seemed more like a blue sun was in the sky, akin to the one in the movie Pitch Black. I support the ideas of the OP as well as the idea of an adjustable slider/toggle for those who would have problems with a much darker night and stronger source lighting(bonfires, weapon enchants). I'd love to see the cathedral in Stormwind under different lighting, where the light streaming from the windows would truly inspire awe. Imagine the bonfires of Thunder Bluff viewed from a distance at night, would be incredible.

Mini patch when logging in this morning and I saw..

Night will now fall at the proper time on all realms.
    I got excited but then I realized, it's probably just sorting out the timing issue with Cross Realm Zones.

#WoWNightTime

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see the true "night" back in WoW.

The only issue I have is Northrend... I actually think it, for the most part, looks pretty great the way it is now; as if it's illuminated by the northern lights at night. (especially storm peaks)
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i supprt bringing the night back.

btw where is the blue response?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    Part of the no lifers wish list.

Bring back the fun or bring back the players even.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    Part of the no lifers wish list.

Bring back the fun or bring back the players even.
    How does wanting to improve the aesthetics of WoW, make me a no lifer. Or even, how does the 1000+ people already on board with this idea constitute them being nolifers?

I'm honestly asking for your reply here.
    Last edited by razski; 2013-02-06 at 11:01 AM.