Gnomoria - Not so Mega, Thread

Did a search an didnt see any discussions about this, Gnomoria is a game that seems to be inspired by Dward fortress, more below:

http://gnomoria.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The makers of Gnomoria or atleast the website
    Gnomoria is a sandbox village management game where you help lead a small group of gnomes, who have set out on their own, to thrive into a bustling kingdom! Anything you see can be broken down and rebuilt elsewhere. Craft items, build structures, set traps and dig deep underground in search of precious resources to help your gnomes survive the harsh lands. Build your kingdom and stockpile wealth to attract wandering gnomads to your cause, but be wary of also attracting enemies!

Im very close to buying the Alpha/beta whateveryouwannacallit version, (it seems this model is being used more and more lately)

Anyway, has anyone tried it yet ? before i give it a bash would like to hear about it more.
    {◕ ◡ ◕}

Deleted
    What are the differences to Dwarf Fortress? I'm a big fan of DF and this seems like it's basically just a stolen, less complicated version of DF (which might be a plus for some people).

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    What are the differences to Dwarf Fortress? I'm a big fan of DF and this seems like it's basically just a stolen, less complicated version of DF (which might be a plus for some people).
    It's basically that yeah. A simplified version of DF with an actual interface and graphics. It's a decent game and it's getting regular content updates.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

This looks cool. I love the concept of Dwarf Fortress, but the lack of a proper interface is a bit too much for me. Might give this a try.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

It's very fun and the developer is very good at updating the game and adding interesting things.
    Oh and it's still pretty damn hard sometimes.

Haven't played in a while. There's probably a few updates I need...