Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

5.2 releaste date? Necessary?

Yo guys, am I the only one out there who really thinks that WoW needs a new patch?, now.
    Anyone know something more about the release date of 5.2?
    So tired of my main right now that I need to level up an alt, but is that necessary with 5.2 around the corner? I'm not sure.

I want to level and gear up an alt, but at the same time, it seems unnecessary when the new pvp gear will be out (I'm playing PvP).
    So.. my question to you guys, anyone know something more about the release date of 5.2? In the upcoming weeks or will it take another month? Wthat do you think?

Well met, Sagrada

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Follow whats happening on the PTR. That is a strong indication of where 5.2 patch is at currently in terms of release. You can do this pretty much by following news posts on the front page. Also the PvP season will be announced a head of time (usually 2 weeks) which is also another strong indication that a 5.2 patch is happening as well. These are really the only things to go by, with the exception of what Blizzard says, everything else is speculation.
    Last edited by rated; 2013-01-30 at 02:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I hope we will wait for it like 1-1,5 month since we still have stuff to kill
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Kinda hoping we get it and kinda hoping we don't

My mate whos just come back to wow is below 470 so I want to get him done with HoF and TeS before the new raid comes out :P (side note excited by the new raid hoping it really is the new ulduar in terms of scope)

They haven't even implemented all of the listed features yet. So still several weeks imo.

I don't particularly mind, we still have a HMs left to do.

If you want, unsub until 5.2 hits.

Simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    March 19th.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashi View Post
    Well I hope we will wait for it like 1-1,5 month since we still have stuff to kill
    This. Dreading 5.2 tbh as I am fairly certain Blizz will be pushed in to releasing 5.2 asap. Leaving non 16/16 HC guilds with too much content to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Closure View Post
    This. Dreading 5.2 tbh as I am fairly certain Blizz will be pushed in to releasing 5.2 asap. Leaving non 16/16 HC guilds with too much content to do.
    From what I saw in Miscellaneous abilities, the Heroic Bosses and Normal Bosses are being nerfed with 5.2, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    From what I saw in Miscellaneous abilities, the Heroic Bosses and Normal Bosses are being nerfed with 5.2, so there's that.
    tbh whats the point of that why not do normal now as a sorta catch up mechanic and heroic a bit late/close to patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has been using a method to releasing patches. The best way to know is by raid fights on the PTR. Right now they haven't tested the Heroic fights but I know they will this month. Usually right after about a week or so, the patch will be released. Blizzard has also been using the 'end of the month' releasing method. Releasing a patch at the last Tuesday of the month. But rarely they'll use the first Tuesday of the month. So by looking where they are now, I would say February 26th or March 5th

Not saying this will be the dates. But if you need a source here it is for the last two expansions:

Patch 4.1: Tuesday April 26, 2011
    Patch 4.2: Tuesday June 28, 2011
    Patch 4.3: Tuesday November 29, 2011
    Patch 5.0.4: Tuesday August 28, 2012
    Mists of Pandaria: Tuesday September 25, 2012
    Patch 5.1: Tuesday November 27, 2012

See the pattern?
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

I do see a pattern! this is very intriguing. so mayhaps 5.2 will launch on February 25th?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angmooren View Post
    I do see a pattern! this is very intriguing. so mayhaps 5.2 will launch on February 25th?
    30th February

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    30th February
    Please be joking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    Blizzard has been using a method to releasing patches. The best way to know is by raid fights on the PTR. Right now they haven't tested the Heroic fights but I know they will this month. Usually right after about a week or so, the patch will be released. Blizzard has also been using the 'end of the month' releasing method. Releasing a patch at the last Tuesday of the month. But rarely they'll use the first Tuesday of the month. So by looking where they are now, I would say February 26th or March 5th

Not saying this will be the dates. But if you need a source here it is for the last two expansions:

Patch 4.1: Tuesday April 26, 2011
    Patch 4.2: Tuesday June 28, 2011
    Patch 4.3: Tuesday November 29, 2011
    Patch 5.0.4: Tuesday August 28, 2012
    Mists of Pandaria: Tuesday September 25, 2012
    Patch 5.1: Tuesday November 27, 2012

See the pattern?
    Each patch was released after the ones with lower version numbers?

Late March early April

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Please be joking.
    Yeah, February 30th isn't even a Tuesday!

Deleted
    One more thing? Does your honor "stay" during the change from 5.1 -> 5.2?
    I mean, I'm honorcapped at my dk, In case I dont spend those, will I still have 4k honor in 5.2?
    Last edited by mmoc6a0087d6ff; 2013-01-30 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    tbh whats the point of that why not do normal now as a sorta catch up mechanic and heroic a bit late/close to patch
    Because some guilds still are progressing through HoF normal and ToES.

I'm personally done with both, and we're steamrolling through HoF Heroic, but there are guilds who are still struggling.

By doing so and nerfing them, it gives those who haven't had an opportunity at obtaining their gear from this Tier to get it, and progress to the next tier.

I like this system because it encourages players to get through the previous tier before working on the current one.

You guys are way too optimistic about the release date, late March is a good guess, which makes 26/27th March the most likely candidate. There's still a lot of stuff missing from the PTR, the raid testing has only just started, plus blues hinting at 4 months after 5.2 (which is very close to the days I mentioned).
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest