Perculia posted this thread in the WoWhead feedback forum offering a potential workaround:
Originally Posted by perculia
Users from several countries recently have reported that Wowhead is not fully displaying. I've spoken with the devs and they've provided both a temporary solution for affected users. They also have a simple process in which users can provide them with some additional specifics which will greatly help them out.
Temporary solution: This will allow you to browse Wowhead normally.
1. Open up Notepad as an Administrator
2. Open %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
3. Add and save the following lines to the host file:
This will work temporarily--but the information will be changing in two months as we migrate servers, so please remove those lines before then.
If you'd like to provide us with more details on the IP address of the Akamai edge server, and use Vista or Win 7, please do the following:
1. Go to Start menu and enter in "cmd" in the 'Search programs and files' input box.
2. Run 'nslookup wowjs.zamimg.com' and 'nslookup wowcss.zaming.com'
3. Please report what the text is after "Name:"
I haven't had any issues with the site, but saw that post and thought I'd pass it on.