Deleted

Question about bringing a 3rd tank for Will of the Emperor 10 man.

This is for heroic mode
    What tank do you think would be best suited for the job of soaking all/most of the sparks and why? My guild has access to dk, guardian and protection paladin. (dk is an alt and guardian and prot pally are our raiders offspecs)
    From what i've heard guardians have passive 25% damage reduction, does this make them the most adequate tank for the job?

Thanks in advance for your advice!
    Last edited by mmocd4569adb10; 2013-01-30 at 05:10 PM.

I would say that for 10m, you don't really need a 3rd tank. What's your Druids main spec? If its boomkin, do you have a hunter for symb? Or a rogue? If feral, do you have a priest for symb dispersion? I'm not 100%, only done it a few times on 10m.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    This is for heroic mode
    What tank do you think would be best suited for the job of soaking all/most of the sparks and why? My guild has access to dk, guardian and protection paladin. (dk is an alt and guardian and prot pally are our raiders offspecs)
    From what i've heard guardians have passive 25% damage reduction, does this make them the most adequate tank for the job?

Thanks in advance for your advice!
    I'm a feral but I 3rd tank that boss. Just the strengths. I can soak all strengths since we have a priest (which gives me dispersion). Survival instincts for the 1st, Might of ursoc/barskin for the 2nd and dispersion for the 3rd spark, by this time they adds stop spawning for the short periods of time and my cool downs are back off by time I need to take the next ones.

I do spec guardian also, means that the courage's can fixate on me instead of a tank, that is tanking the main bosses. I do it in my feral gear, just replace my trinkets with stam ones as my HP can get quiet low on the 2nd spark, a quick Nature swiftness + Healing touch normally gets me back to a reasonable amount of HP though.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-01-30 at 06:18 PM.

Because our comp is somewhat lack-luster for soaking so we used a boomkin who respec'd gaurdian and stacked stam to soak all the sparks from every rage and strength. You want the soaker tank to have enough HP to take a spark without a CD that way they just soak -> get healed -> soak again and when they have CDs up they hardly drop at all making it much easier on the healers and didn't require a complicated CD rotation since we don't have a rogue.

We found it really trivializes the fight and you get the added bonus that the courages can fixate on the spark tank and run away from the tanks on the bosses. Once we started using this strat the boss went down in only a few pulls

Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    guardians have passive 25% damage reduction
    All tanks have 25% passive damage reduction.

Tanks also help with taking some of the courages. It's not a waste
    Kunglight of Fractured - EU Twisting Nether
    Current progress 12/12 NM 1/12 HC

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosadvokit View Post
    All tanks have 25% passive damage reduction.
    DKs only have 10% passive from blood presence unless i'm missing something. ( Not including the armor gain).