How does the proc on Essence of Terror work?

I'm a little confused about this trinket. Should I update my dots when the haste procs, does it empower them, or should I just worry about the procs from jade spirit and LotC and enjoy the benefits of having my own mini-time warp whenever EoT procs?

Buffs do not update DoTs unless you refresh them.

Debuffs update dynamically.

Deleted
    If you play affliction and the trinket proccs, your DoTs probably will need to be refreshed before the trinket proc is gone anyway, so just refresh your DoTs before the trinket proc expires (preferably within the pandemic window). The haste will make them tick faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Reolac View Post
    Buffs do not update DoTs unless you refresh them.

Debuffs update dynamically.

haha yeah I understand that, pretty obviously based on the wording on my post too :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lemie View Post
    If you play affliction and the trinket proccs, your DoTs probably will need to be refreshed before the trinket proc is gone anyway, so just refresh your DoTs before the trinket proc expires (preferably within the pandemic window). The haste will make them tick faster.

Thanks! tried it out and am going to stick with the darkmoon trinket. It procs way more often and lines up frequently with LotC and Jade Spirit

Deleted
    Yeah I use Darkmoon and LotC too only because of their ICD.