10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Garalon (25) Healing Questions

Hello everyone,

Last night my guild attempted Heroic Garalon for the first time. I have a few questions regarding how you guys are handling the healing. We had a pretty rough go to start, although everyone seemed to be catching on. However, after looking at logs for some of the top end guilds it looks like the way they're healing is different than how we approached it.

Our healer makeup is 2 resto sham, 2 mistweavers, a disc priest, and an hpally. We had the pally on tanks, as well as the 2 mistweavers on kiters, while the rest healed the raid. It seems to me that what we did is incorrect and that the mistweavers should be on raid heals, while possibly the priest and pally take the tanks and kiters.

Any thoughts? Tips?

Thanks!

We 7-heal it because the enrage isn't really tight. We have two paladins putting their beacons on kiters thanks to beacon's ridiculous range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it depends on what stacks you're going / what raid cds you have available. But i'd say 7 heal it if you don't think the enrage is an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    My question more was what are you guys doing with your mistweavers, do you have them on kiters or raid heals?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plumwd View Post
    My question more was what are you guys doing with your mistweavers, do you have them on kiters or raid heals?
    Mistweavers aren't triage healers without blowing half their mana pool, they're much more effective on the raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

We 6 heal it and don't really use CDs anymore, but we also run two disc priests so that is a lot different. Our rdruid handles the melee that are often out in Africa and then our pally just switches beacons on to kiters while the two disc, monk and rsham handle the raid.

Deleted
    we 6 heal it
    in general it looks like this;

holy pally on kiters + tanks.
    Resto shaman + tanks
    Resto Shaman, Disc priest + 2x mistweavers on raid.

Might want to assign the resto druid on the raid to focus on melee if you're splitting the raid in 2. Otherwise there should be a fair amount of overlap (when i've healed the raid as disc i'll still be shielding tanks for example) the hardest job by far is the guy healing the kiters due to keeping yourself alive and avoiding cleaves and other crap.
    The throughput is fairly high but it's also super predictable and the constant ticking damage means nearly all the healing gets used.