Trying to watch a film on a USB stick.

Heya.

A friend of mine lent me a film on a pen drive/USB stick, and upon putting it into my computer and playing it, I only got audo, no visual? Both times on his computer there has been both visual and audio, and we have tried with two different pen drives, the second of which had far more room. Any help?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    Copy it to your harddrive first, the USB stick probably does not provide a steady/fast enough read speed for the movie to be read off.

There could be an issue with a missing codec. Have you tried using VLC?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya sounds like a codec issue, get VLC or CCCP.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

10+ Year Old Account
    USB stick probably does not provide a steady/fast enough read speed for the movie to be read off.
    I imagine, if anything, a USB flash drive would be faster than any external HDD.

Deleted
    Codec issue more than likely. Unless the USB stick can't deliver the required read rate and the player decided to drop the Video stream component.