Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Sometimes people should just accept nerfs for what they are and not overreact. Always telling other classes their nerf is necessary but crying like babies when they get nerfed themselves.
    I think all things to keep spriest viable are still there and we should still be strong enough to be able to justify our spots in teams.
    The play style of spriests remains mainly the same so I don't see a reason to quit the class.

Quote Originally Posted by thabishop View Post
    Sometimes people should just accept nerfs for what they are and not overreact. Always telling other classes their nerf is necessary but crying like babies when they get nerfed themselves.
    You are talking to a community that cries about every single change and thinks that the world is ending on an hourly basis.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

When a class is overpowered they get some nerfs, its been like that since forever, i dont know whats the big deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    You are talking to a community that cries about every single change and thinks that the world is ending on an hourly basis.
    Haha I always wanted to say this but I thought I would be the most hated here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Easy for you to say when your mana reg and resource gain is all tied to castings, and being the weakest caster vs melee. When melee constantly ride shadow like they do, sure you can fakecast them 75-90% of the time, they only need to get you once and it can be game over. It's even harder to fake ranged, mages have glyph of counterspell ( don't know if they accually use it but its still an option) which makes them pretty hard to juke.

GG 6 sec no dispersion - you're fucked.
    Yes but if you're going to die you won't be casting VT, you'll be kiting with pom and shields. If you're needing to cast for mana at that point, something is going wrong, unless you have to run the whole game you really shouldn't be going oom vs anything apart from RMP.
    If you have that many problems casting through melee then you either need to get better fake casting, find partners who can peel or try new talents. I'm talking from a 3v3 perspective all the time, so whoever you play with can peel you. Warriors, mages and ferals are probably the best partners for a priest right now, with a shaman healer. Using a shaman + and any of those dps gives you enough peels for at least 3 sets of dots up every 20 seconds or so. I see where you have problems casting - as it is hard, but it's possible.

The phantasm change was really stupid. It's fine as it is now, a good defensive balance between melee and range.

I think all things to keep spriest viable are still there and we should still be strong enough to be able to justify our spots in teams.
    The play style of spriests remains mainly the same so I don't see a reason to quit the class.
    The same? what?

You are quite wrong and i'm gonna tell you why.

We were a top tier pvp class because of simply 3 things:
    -random but not tied with cds burst (<-- man its no more, i mean, you won't burst anything out of anyone now). Short cycles of quite high burst almost perfect for assisting kills. I shall repeat, its gone. Glyph and DP nerf tells you that.
    -Hard to control for a ranged class, nemesis for opponents' frost mages <-- its gone. Not toned down, its gone. Phantasm is no more.
    -Healing toolkit <--- as said in blue post the whole toolkit will be nerfed heavily. And expect same treatment with VE and Void Shift. VE glyph will be removed.

Now, if these changes are beeing offested with some proper DoT pressure, then we can still MAYBE hold a spot as a top tier pvper. Still, as Yaspresents suggests you, tunneling will be even more rewarding. You can't juke casts forever. And you can't expect to juke melee + r. sham + mage teams forever. And we all know, sooner or later, we will cast mind flays or VT. You say "then don't"; but this way no FDCL procs, no mana returns, no damage, no dispel protection (wheter its a joke or not). On top of this if u get locked for a 4 second (wich is an eternity for us when tunneled, we all know that) its over.

Do you still feel the same, now?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Haha I always wanted to say this but I thought I would be the most hated here.
    It's true. Specially lately. It's almost pathetic the amount of crying that has been going on. I've made several ranting posts on h2p telling people to stop.

Pallies can't bubble when interrupted either right?
    So in that regard, why should dispersion work?
    I agree it makes it harder against melee though, but I feel we have enough stuff to use against them.
    Uncounterable stuff is just stupid I think. It's not really fair we can just shrug of the bother of being interrupted with jumping into our bubble.
    Hell we are even still able to just start casting heals/shield, as they are another school.
    Try seeing what an elemental shaman or moonkin can do if you interrupt their nature school at a bad time (nature ecplise/close to lunar, lava burst on cd, etc.)

I don't like being nerfed of course, but I don't see the big terror in these.
    The phantasm nerf is totally justified when compared to the other talent choices in my opinion (its all 3 movement stuff, but one suddenly also allows you to burst/heal with no interference from e.g. ranged interrupts).
    The Mind Spike glyph, whats the big deal really?
    It procs enough from Surge that I personally hardly ever got to actually use the instant casts from the glyph.
    Usually it would sit there until it ran out (because of more surges).
    And when it actually came to it, the times I really noticed that 1.3sec cast are far inbetween.
    As has been said, there are plenty of other nice glyphs to take.

I think a lot of people are really overreacting, what's with all the "i-quitz!" drama?..
    Nerfs and buffs go around and have done so for 8 years.
    I can understand people want to vent their frustrations, but what's the big surprise really?

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    The same? what?

You are quite wrong and i'm gonna tell you why.

We were a top tier pvp class because of simply 3 things:
    -random but not tied with cds burst (<-- man its no more, i mean, you won't burst anything out of anyone now). Short cycles of quite high burst almost perfect for assisting kills. I shall repeat, its gone. Glyph and DP nerf tells you that.
    -Hard to control for a ranged class, nemesis for opponents' frost mages <-- its gone. Not toned down, its gone. Phantasm is no more.
    -Healing toolkit <--- as said in blue post the whole toolkit will be nerfed heavily. And expect same treatment with VE and Void Shift. VE glyph will be removed.

Now, if these changes are beeing offested with some proper DoT pressure, then we can still MAYBE hold a spot as a top tier pvper. Still, as Yaspresents suggests you, tunneling will be even more rewarding. You can't juke casts forever. And you can't expect to juke melee + r. sham + mage teams forever. And we all know, sooner or later, we will cast mind flays or VT. You say "then don't"; but this way no FDCL procs, no mana returns, no damage, no dispel protection (wheter its a joke or not). On top of this if u get locked for a 4 second (wich is an eternity for us when tunneled, we all know that) its over.

Do you still feel the same, now?
    Yup, I still do.

Phantasm is just too strong and you really think a 6 sec freedom is not good against frost mages? Every 30 seconds? Losing the old phantasm sucks but it's is not going to bump us down to low tier. The main issue I have is melee cleaves and yea they are still going to be freaking hard to deal with.
    And our burst is still there. 6 seconds is still a short window and you better have some situational awareness to know when to use it. Don't know if the damage got buffed if you have a lot of mastery.

Void shift and mass dispelling friendly targets is so strong.

But really, think whatever you want. I'll continue enjoying my spriest if it stays liek this.

Deleted
    As someone who plays RBG let me tell you:
    Spriest SINGLETARGET damage is horrible!

We're on par with Mages and destruction WLs when it comes to overall DMG because of our multidotting capabilities. Other caster do the same DMG by just pressing two buttons on a single target. RBG is about focus DMG... Spriest don't deliver focus DMG on demand. They can get lucky with RNG proccs, but even with that they're behind other casters.

Yup, I still do.

Phantasm is just too strong and you really think a 6 sec freedom is not good against frost mages? Every 30 seconds? Losing the old phantasm sucks but it's is not going to bump us down to low tier. The main issue I have is melee cleaves and yea they are still going to be freaking hard to deal with.
    And our burst is still there. 6 seconds is still a short window and you better have some situational awareness to know when to use it. Don't know if the damage got buffed if you have a lot of mastery.

Void shift and mass dispelling friendly targets is so strong.

But really, think whatever you want. I'll continue enjoying my spriest if it stays liek this.
    3 seconds not 6. Do you even priest bro?

Oh wait my bad

Carry on sir.
    Last edited by pkm; 2013-02-01 at 04:39 PM. Reason: derped

Ugh strong reply.
    I was talking about the phantasm in next patch and I meant 5 seconds. But really do continue being an ass.

Deleted
    -Phantasm nerf was fine
    -Healing nerfs were needed
    -Void shift could/should be removed from shadow
    -Mind spike nerf is back breaking
    -Buff Void tendrils hp by 100% and we are balanced
    Last edited by mmoce6cdec159e; 2013-02-02 at 02:41 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    -Phantasm nerf was fine
    -Healing nerfs were needed
    -Void shift could/should be removed from shadow
    -Mind spike nerf is back breaking
    -Buff Void tendrils dmg by 100% and we are balanced
    What am I reading here?

Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    shamans say hi we must cast lightning bolts to regen mana our longest cast spell that hits for 11 k and try not get kicked while casting lbs and get locked from healing . we have worst defence as casters i would trade as ELEMENTAL all priest talents
    Or you can simply go Enhancement and play brainless warrior cleaves without ever having to cast, or even change your target or anything...
    Shadow is the only spec that doesn't have another choice when it comes to DPS.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

-Buff Void tendrils dmg by 100% and we are balanced
    What am I reading here?
    its about hp i think, but they shouldn't have hp
    Last edited by Aleaa; 2013-02-01 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It's true. Specially lately. It's almost pathetic the amount of crying that has been going on. I've made several ranting posts on h2p telling people to stop.
    sorry, but people spend time & money to play. so according to you, we need to sit still and accept what's being shoved down our throats? people might get angry and need to express it, whether in a way you like or not. i also find some posts extremely whiney and unnecessary, but that doesn't give anyone the right to call them "pathetic" or whatsoever.

this is an online forum, people can do anything as long as it is in boundaries of the forum rules.

stop being so condescending.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    sorry, but people spend time & money to play. so according to you, we need to sit still and accept what's being shoved down our throats? people might get angry and need to express it, whether in a way you like or not. i also find some posts extremely whiney and unnecessary, but that doesn't give anyone the right to call them "pathetic" or whatsoever.

this is an online forum, people can do anything as long as it is in boundaries of the forum rules.

stop being so condescending.
    Show me one post that hasn't been people complaining and bitching since the start of mop beta. There has yet to be anything productive or useful to help the devs. It's all been "you are doing everything wrong, so I'm going to keep complaining till its fixed. I'm not going to give you any accurate reason as to why we suck, I'm just going to tell you I don't like it." Instead of people actually trying to help.

Think of it like working in customer service. If you have to take a survey and rate them on their service and you only rate the overall service as a 1, but in reality they did other things that you really liked, however, because of that one bad thing you are going to completely devalue them.

So yes. I do think people are being childish and need to try to help instead of always complaining. And yes, you are right. These are forums on the Internet, and I have the right to tell you my opinion just as you are to me.

I like how people are acting like shadow isn't by faaaaar the best caster in Arena right now.

These nerfs are all warranted, though nerfing instant mindblast via instant mindspikes from FDCL is lame tho imo.