Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    So just to be clear, it bursts for less (deals damage over a longer period of time), is countered by dispels, knockbacks, kicks and all CC over a 7 second window rather than a single GCD (or in TfB's case - not even a GCD) - totally fair comparison! /sarcasm off
    Insanity's burst is much more reliable than TfB and deals more total damage.

I would liken Insanity burst to Frost mage burst (pre-nerf): reliable heavy burst every 30s, yet still stoppable. In contrast to Frost mage burst, Insanity burst is much easier to pull off, deals more damage, and happens over a shorter period of time. Insanity requires 6-7s free cast. SW: D and DI finishers do not require true 'free cast'. Compare it to Shatter combo (pre-nerf) which requires Frost Bomb, (Freeze), Frostbolt, Fireblast, FFB, Deep Freeze + IL x3 which is 7 GCDs (~9s window).

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    but I doubt an arena team is going to let you channel them to death (more reason to sit on the spriest once they realize that's the talent you took)
    If you can't pull of Insanity burst, you couldn't have pulled off Shatter because both are stopped by the same things: interrupt, CC, dispel. Shatter can be stopped just as easily as Insanity yet Shatter was so brutal that it was nerfed in 5.1.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    If you've tried PTR, you'll notice Shadow Priests topping KBs in random BGs due to Insanity. 3 orb DP + Insanity = Fat Burst.
    Spriests, at least Phantasm and Dispersion, have yet to be nerfed on the PTR.

Insanity's burst is much more reliable than TfB and deals more total damage.

In contrast to Frost mage burst, Insanity burst is much easier to pull off, deals more damage, and happens over a shorter period of time.
    Bullshit.

Deleted
    If you've tried PTR, you'll notice Shadow Priests topping KBs in random BGs
    Thank god for that because all good PVPers out there knows that killing blows in random battlegrounds is where the viability of a class is decided!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Thank god for that because all good PVPers out there knows that killing blows in random battlegrounds is where the viability of a class is decided!
    Not only that but, we've always appeared better on KB's than most classes - because we're a ranged class with a powerful execute. Any spriest/hunter/lock with enemy health bars or battleground targets can click target -> execute and score high on killing blows, so that's certainly nothing new this season - even in Shadow's worst seasons, and even in TBC when we did a third to half the damage of pures we still could get lots of killing blows.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Self heals plus the nature of a DoT class. Alice is slashing the crap out of Bob in BG and you put a DoT on Bob. Alice gets him down while you went AFK to the toilet, DoT just ticks and... woohoo it is your KB with warrior Alice looking "what on earth why didn't I get the KB".

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor shadowpriests what will you do without your 60k insta cast crits and 100k dp's. Its not like you bring amazing support to the team and have an aoe fear life swap mending and pws for your partners with semi decent flash heals.

Nah in all seriousness nerfs were needed but they are doing the wrong way. They didn't need to nerf DP just need to nerf the amount of initial damage from it but not all of it.

Phantasm nerf not needed either, gg from melee on you guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please stop nerfing my PvE for your PvP blizz. Jesus I'm sick of this.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    For PvP all of them nerf seems quite fair, it can be worked around, i mean it's never fun when they slap nerf after nerf in your face but fair enough, if it had to be done it had to be done. Classes get nerfed and buffed all the time. But that dispersion got thrown in the same school as shadow is REALLY going to hurt shadow PvP. With the nerf to fade we'll be very exposed as soon as we get locked from shadow spells. If that hits live then shadow priest PvP will be in a very bad place. And don't eaven try to compare this to mages block, that's just redicilous.

One thing to also consider is shadow is still getting the pvp power healing buff, which effects renew,Pom, and i presume shield.

time these spells as a buffer and you shouldnt rly need to spam flash heals, generally flash heal spam is O WE MESSED UP, PRIEST BURN YOUR MANA FOR A RESET.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    One thing to also consider is shadow is still getting the pvp power healing buff, which effects renew,Pom, and i presume shield.

time these spells as a buffer and you shouldnt rly need to spam flash heals, generally flash heal spam is O WE MESSED UP, PRIEST BURN YOUR MANA FOR A RESET.
    Wont really be a reset if the SP is totaly oom though. But yeah shields, PoM and renew won't really help that much as shadow. Nice assist heals but hardly makes a bigger difference if you really need to offheal.
    Last edited by mmoc3049348a01; 2013-02-04 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter
    @Ghostcrawler, Speaking of Frostfire Bolt, mages aren't penalized to cast it, Unlike Shadow Priest's Mind Spike. (Removes DoTs)
    Obviously, this tweet relates to PvP. His reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    @Venaliter We don't intend for Mind Spike to be part of the normal rotation. The dot penalty keeps it out of there.
    I don't know if the dude is genuinely clueless or the question was just somehow unclear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post

I don't know if the dude is genuinely clueless or the question was just somehow unclear.
    Bolded the answer for you. He proves time after time that he doesnt know what he is doing. He even admits that he doesnt know.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    If you are talking about shadow... The DP change is a buff... Lol ...

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    If you are talking about shadow... The DP change is a buff... Lol ...
    He was talking about the glyph of mind spike... lol...

Deleted

Well you're talking about a spell which cannot be locked out from interrupt school (silence can but silence has a longer CD than normal lockouts). The spell you are comparing to, I don't know exactly how much damage it does compared to Mind Spike, but it has a nice utility of slowdown. Priests don't have this. Priests have issues with melee. Our Mind Spike, one of the few damaging spells which can be used when locked out of shadow doesn't do much damage and removes DoTs. One IMO interesting way to make the mechanic more positive is to make Mind Spike extinguish DoTs which can make it more viable, but also let it do slightly more damage if no DoTs are being extinguished, but since you need to stand still and are channeling that by itself does not make it attractive or part of main rotation.

Actually, beyond the small nerf from the mindspike glyph. The changes so far have actually been a single target pve buff. (If you're using FDCL for single target, you're doing it wrong FYI) The change to DP is huge for pve... around 3% DPS increase. Mainly because much more of DPs damage now scales with mastery. According to my spreadsheets, the spreading of DP's damage is almost a 72k damage gain over 6 seconds. It'll do on average 320k damage in 5.2... enough to probably kill someone in pve blues... and I'm only in mostly LFR gear. Add in haste/trinket cooldowns, and that damage jumps up to around 560k pretty easily.

I dunno, I honestly thought the response to your question was pretty straightforward. MS is a niche role, it doesn't belong in our rotation. The main reason FDCL procs MS is because its more economical to have it proc an existing spell and modify it with a buff, rather than create a special spell for the talent requiring a whole separate button on our bars.

If the question came out unclear because of the twitter character limitation. MS isn't a mobility spell like scorch. Normally its just the opposite. FDCL just makes it usable on the move and increases its damage. Otherwise, we'd almost never use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    I dunno, I honestly thought the response to your question was pretty straightforward. MS is a niche role, it doesn't belong in our rotation. We'd almost never use it.
    No one disagrees that it belongs in our rotation. The problem is the spell is useless in both PvE and PvP (Where it could really shine) outside of FDCL. Seems a simple matter to make it's DPET lower then Mindflay, but not remove dots. Yet they don't do this, and seem to defend that decision as something other then incompetence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    Actually, beyond the small nerf from the mindspike glyph. The changes so far have actually been a single target pve buff. (If you're using FDCL for single target, you're doing it wrong FYI) The change to DP is huge for pve... around 3% DPS increase. Mainly because much more of DPs damage now scales with mastery. According to my spreadsheets, the spreading of DP's damage is almost a 72k damage gain over 6 seconds. It'll do on average 320k damage in 5.2... enough to probably kill someone in pve blues... and I'm only in mostly LFR gear. Add in haste/trinket cooldowns, and that damage jumps up to around 560k pretty easily.

I dunno, I honestly thought the response to your question was pretty straightforward. MS is a niche role, it doesn't belong in our rotation. The main reason FDCL procs MS is because its more economical to have it proc an existing spell and modify it with a buff, rather than create a special spell for the talent requiring a whole separate button on our bars.

If the question came out unclear because of the twitter character limitation. MS isn't a mobility spell like scorch. Normally its just the opposite. FDCL just makes it usable on the move and increases its damage. Otherwise, we'd almost never use it.

Yehhhh scrap your maths:

Priest
    - We are reverting the change to how Devouring Plague deals damage. It will have more up-front damage in 5.2 as it does in 5.1. We think the more recent nerfs to Shadow healing and Phantasm are more appropriate changes for PvP.