No 120hz refresh rate option, how come?

As the title says, how come? I use my LG 42" 120hz RR TV to quest sometimes and the tearing is slightly more noticeable than when using my Asus 24" monitor.

Please, don't say "they human eye can only detect up to 70hz RR so why the QQ?" as many other sites say.

Just want a real answer so I can play on a big screen and not deal with the blegh

Are you sure you have the correct settings up on the TV?
    As I'm only using a 48"LG one and never have any tearing, there is a setting for "Games" on most LG(and other brands I imagine), then my tearing stopped.

Granted I use an amplifier in between, might have to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantricular View Post
    As the title says, how come? I use my LG 42" 120hz RR TV to quest sometimes and the tearing is slightly more noticeable than when using my Asus 24" monitor.

Please, don't say "they human eye can only detect up to 70hz RR so why the QQ?" as many other sites say.

Just want a real answer so I can play on a big screen and not deal with the blegh

Most people arent going to have a clue what you mean. Your post is so unreadable.

Im going to take a guess and assume that you mean you are unable to select a 120hz option in your gpu options output at 1920 x 1080 resolution. Ill take another guess and assume you are using an HDMI cable.

HDMI does not support 120hz at 1920 x 1080 and you will not be able to select it.

You need a DVI cable.

I've been wanting a monitor higher than 59-60hz for years, I just need to get around to getting one. When I got a large chunk of money in 2006, I ended up getting an apple cinema for the color quality and 2560x1600 resolution, but I wish I researched more at the time.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    You also need to have a video card capable of running 120 fps to get the full effect.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by doodarday123 View Post
    Most people arent going to have a clue what you mean. Your post is so unreadable.

Im going to take a guess and assume that you mean you are unable to select a 120hz option in your gpu options output at 1920 x 1080 resolution. Ill take another guess and assume you are using an HDMI cable.

HDMI does not support 120hz at 1920 x 1080 and you will not be able to select it.

You need a DVI cable.
    so unreadable yet you managed to read it. thanks for your initial snide bullshit, but TRULY thanks again for the DVI input. had no idea. tyvm

10+ Year Old Account
    so unreadable yet you managed to read it. thanks for your initial snide bullshit, but TRULY thanks again for the DVI input. had no idea. tyvm
    Hey he was right, I had no idea what you were trying to say!!!lol You did good thanking him for helping

Quote Originally Posted by BaP View Post
    Hey he was right, I had no idea what you were trying to say!!!lol You did good thanking him for helping
    wait what was confusing tho? RR=refresh rate...there is no 120RR in option in-game, only 59 or 60.... where'd I lose ya'll lol

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Highlighted the key words you missed. I had no idea what you were saying.