Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    The easiest fix would be if all the American's who are all "ZOMG U NO CAN HAZ MA GUNZ IM ALLOWED!" would get it through their heads that removing the guns from everyone would create a safer environment for EVERYONE than letting EVERYONE have access to guns for protection. Alas, i do not see it happening, and while the events that seem to be constantly taking place over there, especially those involving the massacre of children are terrible and tragic, i personally am getting over people coming on here and complaining that they want to be safe yet at the same time refuse to give up tools which are totally un-necessary for "protection".
    I'm sorry?

I'm legitimately curious: how would taking away guns from law-abiding citizens and not from criminals (unless you're implying that they'll give up their guns) make the world safer?

If it could be my way, I'd say absolutely no guns at all. PERIOD. But that can't happen, so we have to go with the next safest thing: give guns to those who can safely use them, which unfortunately means that some baddies will get them, too.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    So uhh, what happened to the 2nd amendment and the guns that will supposedly protect people? This is ridiculous, especially how its treated as the norm these days.
    Well, in Chicago, you're basically treated like a convicted murderer if you legally own a gun, so those who DO have (and use) guns are the law-breaking murderers that legal gun owners are always treated as.

You would have a point if there were legal gun owners around who chose not to help while a legal gun owner killed innocent people, but this is likely another story of an illegally-owned gun being used around people who are discouraged from using their Second Amendment rights. In Chicago, they have legitimately tried to ban any and all guns before, but that was shot down as unconstitutional, so they're pretty much as close to that as possible, I'm pretty sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    the day you can guarantee me that criminals could never have a gun then i still wouldn't give up mine because they would just use a knife and the best defense against a knife is a gun
    As shown in the video above, that's a fallacy. The best defence against a weapon is distance. The day you can guarantee to me that guns won't be used to massacre thousands of innocents, I'll say they should be legal.

look you cant stop people from being violent or doing violent things and you live in a fantasy world thinking you can so the only thing left for you to do is being allowed to protect your self
    I firmly believe in self-defence. Using a gun is not good "self-defence," because it encourages attackers to use more lethal force to prevent it.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Just because people debate doesn't mean that the debate is actually productive in any way.
    Debate is the only kind of conversation I find worth having.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    As shown in the video above, that's a fallacy. The best defence against a weapon is distance. The day you can guarantee to me that guns won't be used to massacre thousands of innocents, I'll say they should be legal.

I firmly believe in self-defence. Using a gun is not good "self-defence," because it encourages attackers to use more lethal force to prevent it.
    the best defense against some one with a knife is to not allow that person to get close enough to use the knife. how do you do that? you shot them
    I do my best not to call some of you names i try to keep it civil but dam you make it hard not to

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    the best defense against some one with a knife is to not allow that person to get close enough to use the knife. how do you do that? you shot them
    People with knives do not advertise they are going to stab you from a distance. The best defence - once again - is to either never get into the situation, or keep your distance. As shown above, a knife wielder has all the power in close-quarters combat.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Greetings fellow GenOT posters!

A consensus has been made to try to consolidate all these threads/information regarding gun control/regulation:
    Please try to post all new relevant news/information regarding such things HERE.

Thanks.